It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Commands You To Kill Gays

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This may be a little off topic, but what a bunch of crap.

If god is so loving and merciful how could he give eternal suffering to anyone.

wake up and realize THIS IS HELL, there isnt anything lower than this physical realm, we can only advance. I am not gay, and I dont support it but at the same time people need to know that there is no such thing as the hell that all the so called religions fear so much. How could there be when all we have to do is repent and we are forgiven. the point im trying to make is all this is full of contradiction. im gonna stop now before I really piss some people off because I dont have the time to fully explain what im trying to say.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Whenever someone "informs" me as to the desire/command/will of God, I have an impulse to respond, "Who do you think you are speaking on behalf of God?!"

One of my biggest problems with religion is the concept of fundamentalism. Some people are so certain of their faith that they categorically rule out the possibility that their views may be inaccurate. In the case of religions with harmful messages, hate springs eternally in place of hope.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by superheterodyne
I agree this guy is under the influence of hatred. God commands to kill nobody. However homosexuality is as he describes it and it is God's job to destroy these sinners not ours. Political correctness is invading like a disease and the fires of hell will be consuming all sinners so no need to be killing anybody. Just sit back and wait. He's coming back.

Officially you're no better than he is.

Good grief, I hope you're just being a funny bunny, coz if you're serious, may your god help us all....

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
I just find is so ironic - that it is OK to do whatever the imaginary "God" says.
Who is this God person anyway?
I want some proof, a resume and some credentials.

He's a kinda wing-it-and-see kinda employee. As long as he gets good reviews from his clients, he's doing a good job.

That he has no idea what he's actually doing, is not the issue. I hear he used someone elses resume to get the job too...

oO

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I would like to step in with a quote from Susan B. Anthony:

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."
-- Susan B. Anthony

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
The thing is that the teachings of Jesus Christ overturn a lot of the superstitious nonsense in the old testament so I can not understand why some who call themselves Christian do not notice this contradiction. Jesus taught in Luke 6:27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.

Does that not simply overturn any old testament nonsense about hating or stoning anyone to death or killing anyone? People profess to be Christian but do not follow the teachings of Christ. They are not Christian and certainly do not represent the rest of the Christian community with their ignorance and hate speech.

edited spelling errors:

[edit on 26-8-2009 by wayouttheredude]

Well it can go both ways. Do you advocate acceptance of others under condition - as Christ has? Or do you accept people based on their worth?

I'm reminded of Jesus denying the woman of canaan when she begged him to save her daughter from demons where he replied : "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

And when she worshiped him he said : "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs."

And only when she admitted to being inferior to others, saying : "Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." did he give in to her wish - "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire."

Not a very compassionate savior if someone begging has to deny themselves of importance in the company of others just to receive what the chosen ones were getting for free.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
God is killing these rebellious perverts himself with aids anyways.

he will not tolerate their perversion and disobedience.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Spiritfilled]

Uhhh...there are actually millions more straight people in Africa infected with AIDS or HIV than infected gays in the US, so unless you believe God is not only a bigot, but also a racist i would rethink that one.

-Sunseeker

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I almost forgot....Hate the sin but love the sinner. We all fall short of the glory of God.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by dizziedame]

** Edited - just re-read my post and it kinda didn't make sense.

I think I took a tangent left of I'll-be-quirky and never made it home... Oo

-- This is insane, edit wont let me edit my post properly...

Hows this - those with morals and goodness based on self worth and caring for others, do not need a book to guide them.

And think about it, it's no different than the plethora of interpretations based on a book - but doesn't rely on archaic mindsets to corrupt the mind.

[edit on 27/8/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

[edit on 27/8/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Oh yeah, sorry, I got so peeved by ignorance that I forgot I had an actual point pertaining to the subject at hand...

That preacher is no different than any other hate-filled being using "God's words" (btw, totally raped of their meaning through translation and misinterpretation) to justify his actions and create his own personal version of morality based on NOTHING!! I thought bible-thumpers were supposed to actually READ the bible...Thou shalt not kill ring any bells?

-Sunseeker

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Wow, so a pastor from Tempe Arizona is actually advocating for the execution of homosexuals.

The other day there was a thread on ATS about some horrific acts perpetrated by Iraqis against homosexuals. I posted saying "Christians... take heed, this is what your hate speech leads to" And everyone thought I was being extreme.

Well here ya go...

No Hunka, it's what buying into and acting on ANYONES hate speech "May" lead to. The Christians don't have a monopoly on the effectiveness of their evil kill queers now rhetoric and until I read it from YOU, I had not thought that was even part of their doctrine so I got to ask you where you get so much zeal to even suggest something so outrageuously dramatic

I posted saying "Christians... take heed, this is what your hate speech leads to"

You got some strange ideas there hunka, why the HELL would you say something so utterly ignorant and presumptuous unless you didn't have some kind of problems with Christians and see them as the pre-cursor to every hate fueled criminal act including those of the Iraqi's you mention.

I guess Christian bashing individuals like those who claim Jesus was gay or that the Bible doesn't mention gay sex being a sin, ought to school this minister eh? Now did the article say the minister endorsed the killing of gays or was he reporting it as something he read in the Bible because I didn't read anywhere in there that he was fixin to kill him some homo's did you?

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Stylez]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

I'd look to the vatican for this - they hate homosexuals but love pedophiles. sick and twisted is what they know
not to be associated with true Christianity. PLEASE!

Maybe gays are grays! I smell a conspiracy!

hey i wonder if you could ever have imagined, that the greys might just
be gay? i mean with all the probes and whatnots.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeeSquared

Fantastic quote, it is a bit convenient coinciding with ones own desires.

Is this not 'hate speech' and encouraging violence. Is there not a law against that in the states?

Either way I believe that you can understand what God wants if you really listen to yourself and have a strong connection with others around you and nature. However, for someone to interpret a book, and that's all the bible is, literally then they really need educating.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Does anyone else see the parallels to the Taliban here?!?!? This is exactly why religious fundamentalists of all persuasions scare the living crap out of me! It's only a matter of time before they gain enough of a following and wipe their butts with the Constitution while sending the unfaithful to those FEMA camps everyone is all worried about! [

mmmm Interesting you would think the Christians are so scary we all have to start aligning them (or should I say "Malign" them with the taliban)

Ya know, I got to tell you,. I am a little disappointed in this place so far. Everyone says oh their all so smart at ATS and its the largest website of its kind and they deny ignorance. Then I see all these opportunists who look like they post mostly in the defense of gay threads ( Guess we know how most of them will side) and all I see is someone picking out some obscure and obviously nuts case for a minister, to paint Catholics, Baptists, Presbyterians, Lutherans, mennanite, Pentecostal, Charismatic, Mormon, Jehovahs Witnesses with the same broadbrush using the same "true colors" hate paint you allege they are guilty of.

You're afraid Christians would have everyone put in the fema camps?

History would clue you otherwise champ

" The only group courageuous enough to stand up to the Nazi's was the Christian Church" - Albert Einstein

If anything, you'll be saved from having to go to one, by some of those evil Christians.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Stylez]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KommonKnowledge

I dont have the time to fully explain what im trying to say.
to bad! you were so close to having your bones picked clean.
left to dry bleach white, in the light, of a hot desert day.

the only ones denying ignorance are those who are and its their own they are in denial of.
i am not in denial!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
reply to post by ZeeSquared

Fantastic quote, it is a bit convenient coinciding with ones own desires.

Is this not 'hate speech' and encouraging violence. Is there not a law against that in the states?

Either way I believe that you can understand what God wants if you really listen to yourself and have a strong connection with others around you and nature. However, for someone to interpret a book, and that's all the bible is, literally then they really need educating.

Peace

WoW I just looked at Hunkas post's and you got it. That's what it's looking like to me. So now what do I do to deny ignorance like that ? Put hunka on ignore? Seems kind of trite. Or is that just a slogan and he gets to post up. Mmmmm obviously www.google.com... the only ones denying ignorance are those who are and its their own they are in denial of.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kommunist
I see...

So what ever happened to "Thou shalt not kill."

Seem to remember that being one of the ten commandments.

to right wing Christian nutjobs using religion to mask their prejudice and hate.

I think that this really dosen't mean nothing at all...it must to be used at will just to serve personal agendas...
Remember that even the Chatolic church have started and mantained for years several wars with the Cruzades, and the holly inquisition have also killed many thousands of people!...so i agree perfectly with you, when you ask ...:

"What ever happened to "Thou shall not kill."?!

[edit on 27/8/09 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stylez

I kind of see where your going, however, I never put anyone on ignore because its always good to see ALL points of view. By doing this you are denying ignorance, Knaan is a somaili artist who says it all with the quote

"Any man who knows a thing knows he knows not a damn damn thing at all"

I think the point is it does not matter what your beliefs or prejudices are but understanding or at least trying to will help you 'go' forward. For example in no way do I agree with this pastor but I understand where his rational and logic lie, by knowing this it helps me become less ignorant.

I have no ill feelings toward homosexuality, I have ill feelings or maybe pity toward those who believe others should die if they do not fit in with their own beliefs.

Peace

[edit on 27/8/2009 by LestatG]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KommonKnowledge
This may be a little off topic, but what a bunch of crap.

If god is so loving and merciful how could he give eternal suffering to anyone.

wake up and realize THIS IS HELL, there isnt anything lower than this physical realm, we can only advance. I am not gay, and I dont support it but at the same time people need to know that there is no such thing as the hell that all the so called religions fear so much. How could there be when all we have to do is repent and we are forgiven. the point im trying to make is all this is full of contradiction. im gonna stop now before I really piss some people off because I dont have the time to fully explain what im trying to say.

You pretty much said all you know, and if I wasn't so put off by your hostility, I would have liked sharing the vast part of that part of the God I think you are referring to that goes so ignorantly passed off as,, well anything like your idea of what he is and why he isn't what some say he is. Ya know what seems to make people so mad about the "eternity" thing is that when you're dead and in hell like that, you're there for eternity and that's a long time.

Thing is, I don't think time exists there.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
reply to post by Stylez

I kind of see where your going, however, I never put anyone on ignore because its always good to see ALL points of view. By doing this you are denying ignorance, Knaan is a somaili artist who says it all with the quote

"Any man who knows a thing knows he knows not a damn damn thing at all"

Peace

[edit on 27/8/2009 by LestatG]

Great quote! Yeah I think the moment we think we are so smart we can actually say unequivocally There is NO God" in all the universes, we have GOT to assume we are, because the only one I know could KNOW everything like that, would have to be, well, God.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
since their is no national theocratic system (such as ancient israel) that can take care of things in an organized manner, it is not right for us to kill gays.
God is killing these rebellious perverts himself with aids anyways.

he will not tolerate their perversion and disobedience.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Spiritfilled]

So tell me, why should anyone "tolerate" you and your opinions?

Tell you what, I have a book that states that all Christians are deluded, weak and pathetic people who cannot face the fact that they are responsible for their own lives, and that, therefore, they need a "God" and a "Devil" to blame things on, things that they cannot face with such a pathetic little mind.

They praise god when things are good and blame the devil when things are bad, it removes any responsibility from them in the course and direction of their own lives, and creates the delusion that everything is controlled by someone else. They're like little children being led around, wide-eyed and confused, and when they do something bad they can just say that the devil made them do it.

The book suggests that we should pity them and feel bad for them and help them any way we can.

So, is that OK by you?

My version is still better than yours because at least it shows compassion, instead of pure hatred.

Something that baffles me here, are you not going to go to hell because of the hatred and bile you display to others?
People like you suggest that others will go to hell because they dare to live life honestly and freely, people like you condemn them and spout disgusting, self-righteous words, and yet the Bible (a book that has been re-written so many times in favour of whoever is in a position of power so that it has completely lost its original meaning and message) tells you to show love and compassion for fellow humans.

Ultimately, your opinions and the opinions of the sick individual making such obscene statements are meaningless. You've already lost your power, and people are waking up. Intelligence now overpowers deluded, blind belief in imaginary beings.

"Your God is dead. And no one cares. If there is a hell, I'll see you there."

(Points go to anyone who knows who I just quoted)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join