It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

someone please analyze this photo with software

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nobody has heard of clouds at night.

It would explain why it covered the moon and moved away so fast.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gladius

ATS has it's own photo area in the my photos section, you can upload the original there.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Please ignore the previous post and do not use the ATS Media, it will re-compress the photo and make it worse than it is, erasing any EXIF data, if present.

PS: sorry, AlienCarnage, I know you had a good intention, but the Media Portal is not good enough for this, I wonder why they keep on using it as it is.

[edit on 26/8/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
its been uploaded to my pictures the original

i love how people look at it with theyre bare eyes and say its a cload its a plane its superman oh wait its a finger

edit - arrgg too late i uploaded it, if someone SERIOUSLY wants the original i you can email me, i also put this in the science section for a more intelligent analysis, i cant believe how many immature people are flooding this site nowadays.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Gladius]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gladius

okay...
The moon is in the sky and most people can see the moon for about 12 hours a day. For something to block out the moon it would have to be HUGE and LOTS of people would see it becasue as covered earlier the moon is in the sky or in space for you science talkin people. Not to mention for something to be casting a shadow on the moon without being illuminated by the sun it would have to be between the sun and earth not the earth and the moon. So this thing would be on the day side of the planet Huge and close to earth and everyone on the other side of the planet would be able to see it. So in summation fail.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
zaiger is ignored from here on out

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
YOu had enough time to go inside and get a camera, but not enough time to take more than one picture?

pffff

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There was a Partial Lunar Eclipse on August 16 2008, which would have just been visible at Moonrise from Miami looking at the map provided here.

www.maguncia.de...

This Partial Eclipse would have only lasted 10 minutes or so before the shadow moved away so between the time you saw it and getting your camera i'd imagine thats what happened.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gladius
zaiger is ignored from here on out

For what?? BEING REALISTIC???

Im next i can forsee it...

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
fedboy i never ordered anyone, look at the topic title it says PLEASE

it was before august since my girlfriend and i moved out of there in august

and im sorry that i didnt take any photos after i didnt think id ever post it on here much less i didnt think it was anything at all.

Its ok u guys can keep on being negative i already had an intelligent user u2u me and i sent him the original via email

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I saved it, looked very close and formed a good idea of what you took a picture of. I was pretty impressed with what I found....too bad ya got no manners because I really wanted to share. I really hate taking orders from anyone, especially pushy people online.

Toodles.
Cuhail

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

wow, get new glasses, look at the topic title LOL

20/20 here baby. Dont forget that i had to click on it to even get to this thread. I guess you cant comprehent it so im going to spell it out for you. I was refering to your post not to the title of the thread. There was that one initial "please" but after that it was on to "do this" with no "please". Maybe you should go back and read it. Readjust your spectales and do that.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gladius

So,

- Is not an eclipse
- Is not a cloud
- Is not a finger over the moon
- Is not Photoshop/Gimp/Whatever
- Current explanations were not good enough (an object that big had to be seen by thousands, if not millions of people around the world) (it was at night and the object had to block the sun light from the other side of the earth otherwise there would be no shadow like that)

What's your take on this?

Kai

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gladius

Okay ill ease up a bit because you have been gone for 5 years but lots has changed. The days of posting crap like this and everyone giving you a pat on the back for doing it are long gone. ATS has entered an "age of logic" which is why i came back. Even the believers now look at things harder than the skeptics before posting so in the future please think a bit more about how it will be seen, because the thread relies more on your story than the picture. We have a picture to look at but your story he just have to take for what it is.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I think what we see is not a shadow cast on the Moon, I think it looks really like something between the camera and the Moon.

If you look at a photo of an eclipse you can see that the shadow is not well defined (the Earth is far away from the Moon to cast a shadow with well defined edges), and to me it looks that the "border" between the dark and illuminated part of the Moon is more defined then the edge of the Moon with the sky in the background, so I don't think it was something huge casting a shadow.

To Gladius.

Is there any observatory or amateur astronomy club near that place? If it was something more global then it must have been spotted by someone else. If it wasn't then it was local, whatever it may be.

The photo is too dark, too small and too compressed, I cannot find anything special in it. Remember, even the best programs can only work with the available data, if the data is not good enough the program cannot make it any better.

PS: if you see yourself in a similar situation in the future, I agree that you should not loose time adjusting the camera, take a photo as fast as possible, but after that first photo try to change the settings to the highest resolution, less compression possible, that makes a lot of difference.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i guess it was an eclipse then. It lasted under 2 minutes and it was in summer but before august. I never zoomed in the photo till i saw the zoomed in one someone posted i thought it was something strange, after seeing it zoomed in though it probably was an eclipse

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

i guess it was an eclipse then. It lasted under 2 minutes and it was in summer but before august. I never zoomed in the photo till i saw the zoomed in one someone posted i thought it was something strange, after seeing it zoomed in though it probably was an eclipse

Feel free to go ahead and star my first post..

Just kidding man. Get your politeness up. We're all here together.

MessOnTheFED!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join