It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Making Medicine with Lemon Balm & 80 Proof Brandy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about using grain A for making your tincture unless you just got to have it neat
I have some that is nasstaa but I just keep it by the sink, put whatever I want in a coffee cup with water and chug it down. Not as genteel as a nice cup of tea but it gets the job done.

Tea's a whole nother ballgame. I like chamomile as a base and then go from there. Hyssop, red clover, mint, hops, whatever citrus I have, blue lotus, ginseng and, more find their way in there at different times just depending. Some of that's just for night so do the homework, -esp. blue Lotus.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Hazelnut I really want to know how this turns out for you. I don't drink so if I used alcohol in any future recipes I get from you or other ATS members, will I get drunk so to speak using an alcohol based medicine? just askin........
I do realize that honey is one of humanitys greatest gifts from nature. I put it on burns. I have this thing I don't know what, where my blood sugar suddenly drops to 40 and I have to eat glucose pills. Well what if the time comes when I can't purchase glucose pills? What could I do to keep from going into a coma or something? Do you have a recipe for low blood sugar? Thanks, Magantice

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Don't worry about getting drunk. If you are taking this as a medicine, then you won't be drinking enough to get drunk. Your body can process 1 oz per hour of pure alcohol, so taking a shot of your medicine won't hurt you.

In the case of honey for your blood sugar, it will work great!
Honey has plenty of glucose, and it also has sucrose and other forms of sugars in it. My uncle had very severe Diabetes, and he would but a tablespoon of Honey in a small glass of Orange Juice and chug it to get his sugar up.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith

PGA=pure grain acohol. It's as close to 100% drinking alcohol as you can get. You can buy it at any liquor store.
PGA is a staple of a great many college parties. Dump a pint in a gallon or two of punch and party all night.

Wait a min kettlebelly, are you saying I can go to a liquer store and buy pure 100% alcohol to use to make medicines and its safe to actually drink if mixed in a punch or something? Wow who knew? Ok also where do I find a recipe book for making medicines using honey, alcohol etc.?? I know NOTHING about this stuff but it seems to me like very useful information. My mom always told me for a serious burn to drown it in honey , wrap it in sterile gauze, the go to the E.R. and there will be minimal pain and much less scarring and she was correct. I will take ideas and suggestions from all of you .

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You can buy the stuff already made in any health food type store and that might be a good way to start. It's usually pretty potent so you will be taking like 10 drops at a time so the alcohol shouldn't be much of a concern. You might feel it a little for a very short time but won't be drunk by a long shot (no pun), you just have to try it. Ask them about making your own there, they love to talk about the stuff and probably have several books on the subject which is a good idea too as then you have a hard copy when you start making it.

I'm sure there's a ton of info online but I'd recommend getting a proven book to start by the above method. If you stay with it, you'll eventually do your own thing.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

5 pint's of water.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Yep, go to the liquor store and ask for a pint of PGA. They'll know exactly what your talking about. Just remember that PGA is STRONG! When you do deconcoctions, etc, use lower doses to start. One ounce will be plenty if you have a a cough.
Example. One cup of tea, 1 tablespoon honey, the juice of one lemon, one ounce of PGA.
After you brew the tea, add the rest of the ingredients, stir and enjoy. It will help your cough, and will help you sleep. If you have a fever, get under the covers and it will help you "sweat it out."
Experiment, but start with low doses and build up.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Hello! I was just wondering on how the experiment worked out? Also I grow bee balm, lemon balm, mint, horehound, st johnswort and was considering making a tincture...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join