It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New View on Nick Berg

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
No, I completely agree
I just believe in looking at all possible viewpoints and seeing which is more plausible once the evidence is considered

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What's kind of strange is yesterday, when I was working with my dad, we started talking about the Nick Berg news, and how there we contradicting reports regarding his captivity, and so forth.

Then he says, "Well maybe they [the U.S. gov't] are using him as propaganda, I mean, you don't know who's behind those masks. It could be some propaganda pushers."

I WAS SHOCKED!
He never talks conspiracy! Sadly I may have to agree with him, can you trust the people who lie to you regarding even, stupid topics, let alone serious ones?

Anyone could be behind the masks.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
What i dont get is Bush saying"we will bring these guys to justice" How the hell are they gonna find them in a war torn country like Iraq? Bush said this about OBL and that was 4 years ago.

Easy! All we have to do is look for some guys wearing hoods, right? It should be simple!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The masks are what are bothering me more than anything.

I did not see the Peal video either, does anyone know if the killers have masks on?

Every video we have seen of Bum Laden, Al Zawawa...lol...and the AL Q. leaders, they have been right out in the open smiling and giving face time.

Again I don't have the mind of a terrorist mastermind, but if I wanted to avenge Abu, and attract more followers, (They preach this "uprising whenever they can so don't say that is not on the agenda) it seems like showing mymug doing such a deed would be most effective.

NOw information is coming to light that Berg had been looked at before as a potential terrorist sypathiser??

Cypher, your thought is plausable, but consider that if Berg had been the unwitting, or willing assistant to the Al Queda, wouldn't he be of more use to them alive than dead?

I mean couldn't they pluck a few soldiers up off patrol, or use the current prisoners that they have (I don't know if they hav any or not obviously) and still use Berg as a dupe once he is back in the states???

when the news that he had been jkilled came out, before I had even seen the pics I said that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Why would you hang around Iraq in the middle of a war looking for work??

What about the guys that were burnt up in their cars and hung onthe bridge? Could they have been set-up? Could there be contracters that are starting to buck against some of the activities that they are being forced to do so Berg was a lesson to keep them in line?

Again I hope and pray that this is just speculative fantasy, but something does not add up. Of course weird things do happen under this cloud we call the fog of war.

Folks, now more than ever is the time to pray for the protection of our troops, for the preservation of this country, and for peace in the middle east.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Guys this is laughable really. If they CIA, Bush whoever were this smart... then they would have just assasinated Saddam and crew in the first place. FOr the life of me I do not know why we do not just assasinate these soms of biathes instead of killing more of our own soldiers and inoccent civlilians that get caught in the cross fire. A small percent of the billions we are spending on this war could have been spent improving CIA and Special ops, Securing our boarders and airlines shipyards etc.. and just assasinating the leaders who do these things or who suport terror. There was and never will be a justification for having invaded Iraq. In todays world there is just no good reason to invade a country unless you intend on anexing it as part of your own. THis Berg consipiracy theory has no merit either.

If anything he was caught up some way with these bad peole and they turned on him. I think he was willingly part of the vidoe up to the point they removed his head.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Because assassination is illegal... The US are condemning Israel for their Hamass assasinations, they can not damn well go around and do it to people in a similar situation in a different country

Issues in Nick Berg:
1) Orange Jumpsuit, this has not been seen before (to my knowledge).
2) Hooded executioners (has anyone seen the Italian execution video?)
3) His detainment by the US/Iraq police before his execution, leading to his execution
4) The supposed unlikeness the person in the video bears to the person, Nick Berg.
5) The supposed lack of blood (when I watched it, I believe I saw a large pool by the stump of the neck)
6) The lack of blood dripping out of the head after it had been removed (I definitely saw some drips of blood)
edit:
7) The way the 'spokesperson' read out several pages, apparently one a couple times
8) If the man who was killing him was so famous (or infamous, he had been announced on the video and he was a well known figure) why is he still, nonetheless hooded
9) Nick Berg was believed to be killed 2 weeks before the prison controvesy, by his father, and as such cannot be retribution for the prison tortures as the video claims
10) The US military has not released any autospy on Nick Berg.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by browha]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yeah the hoods are a bit bothersome. Even though I think that this is not a fake vid, I'm keeping my options open as to if it actually real Al Qaeda members doing the killing.

Why wear hoods? It can't be that they're afraid of US soldiers catching them, because their whole purpose is to show the US that they're not afraid of dying.

It would seem to me that if it WAS Al Zarqawi he would definitely show his face.

And what kinda boolsheet is it that the CIA says they are "almost positive" that the voice is Al Zarqawi. Aren't voiceprints actually 100% accurate? If they have a previous recording of Zarqawi all they have to do is match it up.

Very very fishy.

My heart goes out to the Berg family, whichever way it went down, Nick was totally used as a pawn.

THE FISHIEST THING OF ALL:

www.nydailynews.com...

He had links to Zacariah Moussauoi? WTF?

"In a bizarre coincidence, Nick Berg crossed paths with Al Qaeda years before its henchmen beheaded him, when his E-mail and password wound up in the hands of 9/11 suspect Zacarias Moussaoui.
It happened in 1999, when Berg was at the University of Oklahoma and Moussaoui was enrolled at a nearby flight school, allegedly training to be an Al Qaeda hijacker.

After Moussaoui came under scrutiny in the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, the FBI discovered he had Berg's university E-mail password.

"In 2002, the FBI was following millions of leads in the wake of 9/11, and one led to Mr. Berg," said a senior Justice Department official."

The FBI says it's not just a coincidence, it's a "total coincidence".

Smells. Smells bad.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Jakomo]

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Jakomo]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#

did you try google? this is what i found here. link is at the top of the page. beware though, it is extremely graphic.

i managed to see it around the time it happened, as some have. though it was a little harder to find it this time. maybe this is why:

FBI Seeks Pearl Video Ban on Net

that answers your statement i believe. dfh out.

ps: google is your friend.

Thanks DFH for the links. I think I wont be able to click the link for about a month because I dont think I am mentally ready to watch another execution. Bergs screams keep me up at night along with his "gurgling" for air when his throat is sliced (takes deep breath). These type of clips could make someone start smoking cigarettes if they seen enough of it.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I've watched it, it doesnt make good reading, the speech makes you feel extremely sick

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Disclaimer: I am not claiming I believe it. I just thought of this new view.

Is there any possibility that the people holding Nick Berg were American mercenaries/CIA agents etc and they killed him to cause outrage in America to attempt (unsuccessfully from what I gather) to rally Americans to support Bush's war in Iraq and fuel a hatred of the insurgents?

Just a thought

We cant exactly say that because there is no evidence.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

Just a thought

We cant exactly say that because there is no evidence.

Brohaw stated that this is only a theory/view.

No one is saying that one of the executioners wore a standard issue CIA uniform or flashed a seceret NWO hand sign.
There are several people who on their own noted different inconsistancies or have suspicions that everything is not as it appears around the whole situation.

It could be coincidental that Berg had tie-in with a 911 terrorist.
It could be coincidental that he was in vicinity of Abu prison last week.
It could be coincidental that he walked out of USA detention days/hours before he was executed.
It could be coincidental that it occured right after the Abu prison photo fiasco.

I truly hope it is but how many coincidences = coordination?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2goodbucs
Remember what happend to that Daniel Pearl guy? Remember he was filmed being executed also? ........
I think that after the Berg execution, it was PERFECT timing to stir the emotions of us Americans because after we seen the photos on the news and the un-censored photos on the internet most of us thought to ourselves "I am no longer supporting this war" or

Well everybody, have I got news for you! That is NOT the Bush government doing it! If it WAS they would be condemning themselves!
NOW! Do you want to be part of a democratic government then, that does things such as these? to their own soldiers? Or any other type of goverment?
HAHhaha! Anybody thinking that they are going to get the American people against the Bush government by doing this to their own kind...I would say, it's not worth voting anyone in as President any longer then. Those organizations then are far worse than the Bush government!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraMorgueAnn

Originally posted by 2goodbucs
Remember what happend to that Daniel Pearl guy? Remember he was filmed being executed also? ........
I think that after the Berg execution, it was PERFECT timing to stir the emotions of us Americans because after we seen the photos on the news and the un-censored photos on the internet most of us thought to ourselves "I am no longer supporting this war" or

Well everybody, have I got news for you! That is NOT the Bush government doing it! If it WAS they would be condemning themselves!
NOW! Do you want to be part of a democratic government then, that does things such as these? to their own soldiers? Or any other type of goverment?
HAHhaha! Anybody thinking that they are going to get the American people against the Bush government by doing this to their own kind...I would say, it's not worth voting anyone in as President any longer then. Those organizations then are far worse than the Bush government!

I am stating that the Daniel Pearl execution video didnt get as much publicity as the Berg execution video. I dont remember ONE picture on the newspaper or ONE film highlight of the Daniel Pearl execution even though it does exist out there on the internet. Why did this Berg guy get so much publicity on his execution? Because he seemed like he got what he deserved by refusing to go back to America?? I know the Muslim extremist reason is because of the US soldiers abusing the Iraqi prisoners BUT these extremist BEEN doing it regardless, they just needed a reason to do it AGAIN. And NO I did not mean that our own Americans would grow rage against the Bush Admin. from this Berg video, but grow angry against the people involved with executing Berg and by giving the Bush Admin the thumbs up and letting the Bush Admin know that its ok to spend MORE of our tax dollars for war. I dont know what your thinking but Im thinking "medicade first".

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
yeah...look at this!

the chair Nick Berg is sitting in is exactly the same as the one the American woman is sitting in (she has already confessed to being part of torture in the Abu Graib death camp). Reckon he was used as propoganda to fuel racial muslim hatred and bury bad news for the US!!

www.rense.com...

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
lol this has been brought up in another thread.. The chair is too common for any conclusion

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
yeah...look at this!

the chair Nick Berg is sitting in is exactly the same as the one the American woman is sitting in (she has already confessed to being part of torture in the Abu Graib death camp). Reckon he was used as propoganda to fuel racial muslim hatred and bury bad news for the US!!

www.rense.com...

........................................................................................ Hummmm, the people in Iraq must all like the same color of paint, too. The color of paint on the prison-bars and possibly the prison walls looks to me to be the same color as the walls that the room had, that Nick Berg was murdered in.
It seems to me that Nick was, way to calm in the video, and some of you talked about the video having "cuts" in it, through-out the video. When Nick was speaking into the camera , it was strange that he would do that,...... unless ( and I'm just making a guess, not saying that it is what was going on ), maybe that part (when Nick was talking), was made during his being questioned by whoever, while being held those couple days/weeks at the jail/prison

. But back to his seeming to be calm, it's as if he wasn't worried or scared of those men behind him for some reason .
Also, I agree with the others that said " the head and neck did not look right" . I'm wondering if he wasn't already dead before they started to cut on him, his neck and head seemed to relaxed ( limp ), the body-movement that some said they could see, may have been made by the man pushing down on Nick's body. One last thing, the blood. If my memory serves me right, doesn't blood form ( collect) to one spot in a body if there is a serious injury in that spot? What I'm saying is, IF Nick was already dead before they began cutting, from possibly , lets say, a broken-neck, then the blood would form around that kind of injury and when they made the first deep cut, there would be a good size amount of blood releast.

Just a guess .

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
On the subject of assassinations being illegal, your right, but it makes one paulse and wonder what was going on back when Reagan was President and Bush was Vis-President, and the Bush family was close friends with the Hinkley family, and Neil Bush ( so it was written ) was to have lunch with John Hinkley before the man tried to kill Reagan. I found that info in google-search when I typed in Neil Bush.

I wouldn't say it's impossible for anything when it comes to the bush's.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I think it is safe to credit the US army with more intelligence than to perform the deed inside their own prison... At the very least take it to an Iraqi house or the desert or something

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have to say this has crossed my mind also.
There are alot of 'coinsidences' and events that don't add up. And I think after everything that's happened, thinking about even the craziest of solutions isn't really that crazy at all...

The chair is far to common to use to go on anything, a white plastic garden chair...oooh. I don't know about the paint to be honest, I've read all the news, but I refuse to see the video, I'm a bit of a pacifist and don't want to see a man being murdered (or a corpse being cut up). On the subject of whether Berg was already dead on the video; corpses can have muscle spasms, especially when pulled about or whatever. And the blood? Well, having your head cut off would enduce a fair bit of blood, wouldn't it? (I'm no medical expert so if anyone is, do add any that could shed light onto this.)

As for SamaraMorgueAnn, you haven't actually given any evidence to suggest against this, just been a very ignorant patronising annoyence, and I suggest that unless you can contribute properly to this thread instead of being a complete troll then don't post on it at all.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Blood doesnt pump around the body after death, so the only emptying of blood would be pulling out by gravity.. and if he had already been dead I assume it would have started to clot up (lack of movement, oxygen bubbles as the blood cools down)
I dont think he was already dead, I've seen the video.
There is, in my opinion, a fair bit of blood on the floor... I mean it's not clearly blood, I'll need to watch it again shudder, dont want to, probably wont but there is a dark substance on the floor that I -believe- wasnt there before hand. You do hear him scream though I believe.... And he's clearly shuddering when they play the tapes of the screams

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join