It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Order a Pizza, I Dare You!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What you are about to view is funny, sarcastic, and exaggerated.

aclu.org...

I work part time in the technology field and if you don't think this couldn't happen, think again.

Data base information is very easy to tie together and with the advent of mass data storage, not a problem to store everything on you and your family.

Click the link, they me what your reactions are and what might be done to stop this type of profiling.

aclu.org...

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
That is crazy exaggerated....

That example will nerver happen, but storing information like previous dilivery adress and phone numbers helps a TON.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm walking distance of half a dozen pizza places. None of which are chains. All mom and pop's. No tracking for me.

I went into a liquor store a couple of years ago for a bottle of wine. They started scanning my ID in some crazy government machine and all this info came up on the screen. I told them to keep their wine. Havent been to a liquor store since.

This Big Brother crap is way too intrusive.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
That is crazy exaggerated....

That example will nerver happen, but storing information like previous dilivery adress and phone numbers helps a TON.

Never say, Never.

Although the story is exaggerated it is very easy to tie information together and track a persons lifestyle.

Credit card spending shows purchases, loans, lines of credit, medical insurance, Hospital visits, emails anything done via electronic data highway can be tied together.

Although this may never happen, it is very possible to do.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well I'm not ordering Papa John's or Dominoes online anymore!!!

But then again, last time I ordered Papa John's from the internet, it took them an hour to deliver, after calling them 3 times. Apparently they "lost" the order. Their big brother system is obviously on the fritz. If they can't keep track of a pizza they can't keep track of me!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ok, I don't want to deflate anyone's balloon here, but this particular flash video has been posted at least twice a week here for the past 3 weeks. If you use the ATS search tool and search for Pizza and ACLU you can see the few threads that are still out there.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
You can withhold the caller ID in the UK
You can obtain pre-paid credit cards

Bad points about this is that they can block anonymous callers, so you wouldn't get your pizza, but you can call round if they do or go to another one. (no shortage in Manchester)
Pre-paid credit cards require some form of identification to make them reloadable, but you can activate them from a phone box.

It is worrying, but then how much info is already held about you anyway? If you ask the government to tell you, they'll log that too.

What can you do? I suppose you could start filling non-government information in with crap.

Pizza for I. C. Weiner?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This isnt really an issue yet in Scotland however I do hate the way databases can be linked, I got an new phone line connected, is an internet phone and do not give out the number. Within hours the sales calls started obviously bt sold the info.

The pizza example is poor if you ask me as all they ever store is address, number and previous orders

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Most of it is linked for quicker identification purposes.

For instance, if I phone up my doctor's surgery for an appointment now, they only ask you your date of birth. They'll read the name out & ask is that you. You say yes & they'll allocate you an appt.

If I'm phoning a taxi, they'll ask for the phone number & they already know the name, address from previous orders.

One of the chinese restaurants next to me use the telephone number as the primary identification source as well.

Some people might take exception to stuff like that being used, but I can understand it myself since it's quicker for some businesses to keep using a database of 'repeat customers'.

What I'd take exception to is walking into a shop & them being able to automatically access your credit details/history etc. Or going into a chemist & getting some silly little school leaver looking at your medical records etc, etc. That would be a gross invasion of privacy!

top topics

join