It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat activist vandalizes Democratic HQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

One of two people suspected of shattering 11 windows Tuesday morning at the state Democratic Party headquarters has an arrest record and a history of helping a Democratic political candidate, public records show.

Police said that about 2:20 a.m., 24-year-old Maurice Schwenkler, now in custody, and an at-large accomplice took a hammer to the picture windows displaying posters touting President Barack Obama and his health care reform efforts.

Early Tuesday, Democratic Party chairwoman Pat Waak said the damage to her building in Denver's art district was a consequence of "an effort on the other side to stir up hate." She tempered her statement after Schwenkler's political history was revealed.

"What I've been saying is there is a lot of rhetoric out there from both sides of the spectrum," Waak said. "That's what's been disturbing to me. People are saying a lot of things not appropriate for civil discourse."

Schwenkler received $500 in November 2008 to walk door-to-door in support of Democrat Mollie Cullom, who lost her race to Republican state Rep. David Balmer of Centennial.

Waak, who was not involved with the group that paid Schwenkler, said she's never heard of the suspect and pointed out that just because he canvassed "doesn't mean he's a good Democrat."

Schwenkler was one of dozens of paid canvassers bankrolled by the Colorado Citizens' Coalition, a political 527 committee

Schwenkler has worked for Democratic causes. (Denver Police Department )funded by labor groups and well-known, wealthy liberal donors

www.denverpost.com...

More paid union troublemaking? If the intent was to paint the right-wing in a even more negative light than what MSNBC has, then this is an epic fail. I'm glad no one was hurt in this debacle, but this is rather pathetic.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Unfortunatly most of the sheep here in the US will see the images of broken glass, hear the rhetoric by the local democrat, and believe it was done by a "right wing radical" full of racist hate.

I think this next election may be a good time for Libertarians. People are getting sick of all of the infighting between the two

-E-

[edit on 26-8-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Civil discourse is one thing, but action speaks louder than words, and people on both sides are speaking out.

Too bad this can't be blamed on Rush or Palin, just another example of the dems imploding from within.

new topics

join