It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was 9/11 predicted in the Bible??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Bible prophecy sounds similar to 9/11 attack

I was reading a recent post on the 9/11 and it reminded me of something someone showed me a couple of years ago.

I eventually found the passage and I find it interesting that it hasn't been brought up yet.

I'm not saying it's for real, just thought it is pretty interesting.

It goes like this

Daniel 8

Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and there, standing beside the river, was a ram which had two horns, and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher one came up last. 4

I saw the ram pushing westward, northward, and southward, so that no animal could withstand him; nor was there any that could deliver from his hand, but he did according to his will and became great
. 5 And as I was considering, suddenly a male goat came from the west, across the surface of the whole earth, without touching the ground; and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes. 6 Then he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing beside the river, and ran at him with furious power. 7 And I saw him confronting the ram; he was moved with rage against him, attacked the ram, and broke his two horns.

There was no power in the ram to withstand him, but he cast him down to the ground and trampled him; and there was no one that could deliver the ram from his hand.

Okay and here is what I extracted

Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and there, standing beside the river, was a ram which had two horns

I think the Ram is a reference to America,

www.whats-your-sign.com...

the two horns was its power (twin towers)

and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher one came up last.

Maybe this refers to one falling before the other, maybe the one tower was a bit

higher than the other though I can't find this anywhere.

I saw the ram pushing westward, northward, and southward, so that no animal could withstand him; nor was there any that could deliver from his hand, but he did according to his will and became great

America is known as the most powerfull nation, and has influenced countries all over the world. America can do basically whatever it wants to .

And as I was considering, suddenly a male goat came from the west, across the surface of the whole earth, without touching the ground; and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

Sounds like a description of an boeing, not touching the ground??
The plane came in from the west even though it was originally traveling west.
911research.wtc7.net...

Then he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing beside the river, and ran at him with furious power.

Planes were flying quite fast for their altitude "494 mph"

911review.org...

And I saw him confronting the ram; he was moved with rage against him, attacked the ram, and broke his two horns

Doubt I need to explain.??

There was no power in the ram to withstand him, but he cast him down to the ground and trampled him; and there was no one that could deliver the ram from his hand.

America was kind of powerless to the attacks. The twin towers and America went down to the ground, stocks plumeted.

No one could help America??

I don't know, it might be a wild stab in the dark but I couldn't help but notice.

I hope this does not offend anyone... sorry if it does

Peace

[edit on 26-8-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I just think it's funny how after a huge infamous event like 9/11 happens, everyone staggers around looking for things that have predicted it. I think we just look for things that give you a "sign" or "clue". And I do believe in signs from the universes and that not everything is just a coincidence. But it doesn't help us much after the fact.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That's a good find man. I'd never thought of it that way, for some reason I always associated it with WW2; the ram being Germany. This makes it less vague though.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The ram is the medo-persian empire being defeated by Alexander's army. Alexander was the noteable horn. The difference in the horns denote the difference in the strength between the medes and the persians.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"Their king was the angel in charge of the deep pit. In Hebrew his name was Abaddon, and in Greek it was Apollyon."

-Revelations 9.11

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
No, it was not predicted in the bible. However if you look hard enough im sure you might find that this post was predicted in the bible.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Personally, I don't believe in Bible predictions at all, but I am curious as to why you think 9/11 was such an important event ( in the context of the entire history of humanity), that it would be prediction worthy. Just wondering.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I see why a lot of people would like to know it was predicted, or it was a biblical event. It gives it some sort of justification, you know? As if, "It was in the Bible, so it had to happen." Kind of takes some of the pain out of it, if you know what I mean.

I see some of the similarities in the passage and events, but it pretty much was talking about what darkelf said.

This may make me sound sort of heartless but I agree with [OldDragger] that it was not such an important event to be prediction worthy. I don't mean to sound insulting, because I am an American, but too many people from every country probably try to associate the Bible with their country of origin.

In the grand scheme of things, much worse has happened to trigger much larger wars. The German holocaust causing WWII, or The American genocide of the Indians. It's just that there has been so much more pain from other things in the grand scheme of things, and 9/11 just feels greatest because of how recent it is.

I apologize for disagreeing, but my opinion is that most things in the Bible aren't really meant to be predictions unless it outright claims to be, such as Revelations. Most of the imagery such as that is referring to the current events of their time.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I was reading a recent post on the 9/11 and it reminded me of something someone showed me a couple of years ago

you may find rev.14- 8 interesting. the day 911 happened. i thought of this verse , almost immediatly.one of the things i love about the bible. most bible scholars will agree that
babylon is symbolic of this worlds economic system. NYC being the center of world trade. wall st. etc. check it out. i' would like to give op the
option to post it. sooo. yea . s&f man. great effort. your on the right trac.
looking for things like that. so nothing from me but encouragment.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hi/

The date of September the eleventh(Church Calendar) is the '' The Beheading of St John the Baptist'' the Fore-runner of Jesus Christ, and the last of the Old Testament Prophets!
Saint John the Baptist is considered the greatest among Prophets!

Saint John is also known for His

Our Lord Himself said that St John was the greatest prophet ‘among those born of women’ (Luke 7, 28)

he Holy Foreunner is also given the title of ‘Prophet’. In fact it can be said that he was the last Prophet of the Old Testament. As you may recall, the last seventeen books of the Old Testament are the Prophetic Books, from St Isaiah to St Malachi.
In this way, we can also say that St John is the first Prophet of the New Testament. Thus, St John can be considered as a hinge, joining the Old Testament and the New Testament.
We also note that not only was St John the Baptist the first Prophet of the New Testament, but that the last Prophet of the Old Testament was also called John.
This was St John the Theologian, who wrote the last book of the New Testament and its only prophetic book, the Book of Revelation.
www.orthodoxengland.org.uk...

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnttreadonme900
I just think it's funny how after a huge infamous event like 9/11 happens, everyone staggers around looking for things that have predicted it. I think we just look for things that give you a "sign" or "clue". And I do believe in signs from the universes and that not everything is just a coincidence. But it doesn't help us much after the fact.

I wasn't looking, the 9/11 reminded me of the passage, upon reading the

passage more thouroughly I discovered some similarities.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
The ram is the medo-persian empire being defeated by Alexander's army. Alexander was the noteable horn. The difference in the horns denote the difference in the strength between the medes and the persians.

Cool, do you have any further information on this, are there more references

and/or similarities?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
No, it was not predicted in the bible. However if you look hard enough im sure you might find that this post was predicted in the bible.

I never said it was, I merely pointed out the similarities. Are you a bit sensitive to the topic? Because if you are I apologize.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Our Lord And Master
I see why a lot of people would like to know it was predicted, or it was a biblical event. It gives it some sort of justification, you know? As if, "It was in the Bible, so it had to happen." Kind of takes some of the pain out of it, if you know what I mean.

I see some of the similarities in the passage and events, but it pretty much was talking about what darkelf said.

This may make me sound sort of heartless but I agree with [OldDragger] that it was not such an important event to be prediction worthy. I don't mean to sound insulting, because I am an American, but too many people from every country probably try to associate the Bible with their country of origin.

In the grand scheme of things, much worse has happened to trigger much larger wars. The German holocaust causing WWII, or The American genocide of the Indians. It's just that there has been so much more pain from other things in the grand scheme of things, and 9/11 just feels greatest because of how recent it is.

I apologize for disagreeing, but my opinion is that most things in the Bible aren't really meant to be predictions unless it outright claims to be, such as Revelations. Most of the imagery such as that is referring to the current events of their time.

I understand your point, and I think it's good to challenge threads. You are

pointing out things that I haven't noticed.

I feel that 9/11 was quite a huge event, even here in South Africa it was

huge. People all over the world knew about it and went into a moment of

silent for those who have lost their lives.

When an earthquake took out half of Japan in 2007 it ws hardly heard of

here. Thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Yep, Dark Elf got it right. That is an extremely accurate prediction of Alexander the Great and the rise of the third beast. It is such an accurate prediction that it is often used by anti-religious skeptics in an attempt to prove that Daniel was written much later then it actually was.

Just keep reading down the chapter for the proof:

Dan 8:18-21 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright. And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be. The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia. And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.

When you read the bible, always read the entire chapter as it often sets the background for specific verses.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I think that the artist Alex Grey, might have seen something in/from the future regarding 9-11, when he painted this back in 1989:

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

As I said before, I am not opposing this theory, the passage is a very accurate

prediction of Alexander vs Persia. I was merely pointing out how similar it is to

the 9/11 attacks.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and there, standing beside the river, was a ram which had two horns, and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher one came up last. 4

. 5 And as I was considering, suddenly a male goat came from the west, across the surface of the whole earth, without touching the ground; and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes. 6 Then he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing beside the river, and ran at him with furious power.

I actually saw this in the Bible long before you made this post. We both agree on the idea and here's a bit more detail from me

The two Rams are actually the two aircraft themselves! The front view of the planes does look like a Ram! The wings sweeping up looked like horns. The large twin jet engines look like the eyes beneath the horns. The 'notable' horn between the eyes(jet engines) is obviously the fuselage of the aircraft...

"Without Touching the ground" Denotes something that's flying and since it's a Ram anyway, must be flying very low and very fast - thus, a large, twin-engine airliner flying fast and close to the ground!

I was actually suppose to make a topic on this but I can't find the verse anymore! And you beat me to it!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

Originally posted by zaiger

I never said it was, I merely pointed out the similarities. Are you a bit sensitive to the topic? Because if you are I apologize.

Not sensitive at all. The thread's title is a question and i was providing an answer. You take any text pick out the words you want in english, latin (from which MANY other languages are derived), numbers and you will be able to come up with almost anything you want. Im not into the whole prediction thing at all. The bible does not in anyway try to hide incredible stories which may or may not be true so I do not see why anyone whould try to hide a very usefull predition in it anywhere. The bible specifically says that Jesus will return, why would that be predicted and something like 9/11 be hidden in some code?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

I know all about this and posted about it a few years ago. But I don't think I posted it here however.

And you have the right idea but you have it backwards. The USA is the goat. Not the ram. And you missed the first events of the sequence.

Daniel 11-2
And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.
3 And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will.

The thread starts with Daniel 11-2 moves on to 3 then jumps to Daniel 8.

And then once the war with the ram is over then 8-20 and 11-4 happen at the same time.

And how is the US the realm of Grecia(Greece)?

Because of the attack on Washington DC. All the Greco-Roman buildings.
Daniel 11 after all is a written discription of a vision that Daniel had.

And for all those who would say that this prophecy was completed thousands of years ago have one small problem. Sometime bible prophesies repeat. And put in the mix with the prophesies of Matthew 24 and Hosea 6 verses 1 and 2 it would appear that if this prophesy is going to repeat well, it's running out of time. It all has to be over with by spring of 2028 as a final deadline. And Daniel 11 is a big prophecy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join