It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

member tools 'u2u's' highlighted and then un-highlighted by ?, other then myself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hi/

I didn't know where to put this, but it seems now,or rather on a few different occasions,the u2u's I receive are not highlighted when I go to read them for the first time?
They are highlighted on the 'member tools' , but when I go to read them, it seems that they have been already read by someone other then myself?
Can this happen?
are u2u's meant to be read by who ever wants to?
Now,It's not that I have anything to hide, but just curious as to what is going on?

Thanks,

IX
helen

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Can anyone else know your logins? Do you leave your computer logged
on to ATS?

Even if you just share a computer with others the passwords can be pretty easy to retrieve... I'm not going to give anyone tips, but you know when your internet browser asks you if you want to save that password? Well if it's an important, Just say no!!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Hi Now/

No one else uses the computer I use and it does stay logged in always.
I'm the only one that has access to the computer.
And I dont allow the computer to save passwords,ever, but that doesn't mean anything to me, since I dont trust the internet at all!
Well thanks for the reply..
I think the MODS would be able to help or answer this alot better?
Thanks again,

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

If someone sends you a U2U and they click on it in their outbox to read it before you do, it un-highlights it from your inbox.

It doesn't mean someone's reading your U2Us.

I'll send you one to test it.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks for the test schrodingers/

I know that the 'outbox' is unhighlighted when read by the pesron I sent it to,but when I received a u2u just recent and on another two occasions a few weeks ago?
When I clicked to read the u2u as it shows in my profile highlighted,it then was un-highlighted even though I did not yet look at it.
Kinda weird.
But hey!

thanks,

IX
helen

new topics

top topics

join