It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanese villagers repel Hizbullah men

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Lebanese villagers repel Hizbullah men

In what may be an indication of Hizbullah's waning influence over the residents of southern Lebanon, the security establishment released on Tuesday documented proof of Hizbullah operatives being forcibly prevented from entering a village near the Israeli border.

The grainy video showed residents of Kfar Manisim, which is only a kilometer from Israel, standing in front of a Hizbullah jeep and arguing with its occupants. The operatives, who had apparently tried to station arms in the houses of the villagers, resisted, and both sides began firing warning shots into the air. The incident eventually ended when the Hizbullah men turned around and drove away.

Rest of the story on JPost

A small glimmer of hope in an otherwise depressing part of the world. Ordinary people standing up to bullies and thugs. Great stuff.

Things are really looking up for Lebanon. After the elections earlier this year which rejected Hezbollah's message of hatred it looks like no-one there wants a return to the bad old days of the country being held hostage by extremists.

Events like this will also give the Lebanese government courage. I'd love to see them take an active role in disarming Hezbollah and hopefully we'll see normalized relations with Israel in the near future.

Cracking stuff

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The reasoning is painfully obvious.

The people of Lebanon know darn well, when hezbolla (yes when, not if) attacks Israel for a third time, it will result in a third devastating war for Lebanon.

They also know very well, Israel is done with the kid gloves in dealing with these terrorists.

Where-ever the terrorists or their weapons of terror are kept, will be bombed to the ground.

If they are in house's, the house will be flattened and the terrorist weapons destroyed.

If they hide them in mosque's (remember there was video proof of this last time) they will be flattened.

Now who said the hezbolla terrorist protect people, by putting them in the line of fire by putting their terror weapons among civilians???

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Yep, people are sick of the war and bloodshed that these agitators and trouble makers bring into their homes.

It seems to me that things are really starting to change for the better in the Middle East, thanks to Israel and the US's tough stance on these terrorist groups.

But it feels as though in the West support for this policy is waning thanks to the Ayatollah's propaganda machine. Could we be on the verge of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hi, the story from the Israeli newspaper seems implausible. Those same communities that had supposed to have repelled the Hisbullah officials are the same folk that vote for them. Also those same Hisbullah people defended southern Lebanon from an Israeli invasion.

I don't know how information like that from 'grainy video' can be used to extrapolate the information in the article. Even curiouser, why would Hisbullah want to hide weapons in people's houses and from whom? It sounds like the kind of thing Israelis say of Palestinians because Palestinians are being occupied by Israelis.

This article sounds made up.

Was it an Israeli secretly videoing the incident in the article?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well finally they are learning the irresponsibilities of allowing a small group of radicals to act independently from the government. I don't care if you or anyone says it is made up, this is at least an attempt to show that the Lebanese people are now knowing that if they wish for safety then they must rely on the official government of Lebanon. Not social networking jihadists who only care for ideology.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

I honestly think Israel is over due for a very big lesson. It is likely to happen as the world gets sickened by its abusive shenanigans. Within in the next few years, I reckon something big will happen and it will not recover. We are approaching a tipping point.

When this happen, something will have to be done with its shills and dual passport holders abroad, perhaps re-education.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by onoffon

That is quite wishful thinking. Sadly for the fantasies of Islamists everywhere, it will remain that way, a fantasy. Even if the world declared war on Israel, there's still a good chance that Israel would take quite a beating and still keep going. After 'So Few Who Defeated So Many.'

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

You are, of course, correct.

Israel has taken on several of it's neighbors at once, several times and come out on top every time.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by Dnevnoi

You are, of course, correct.

Israel has taken on several of it's neighbors at once, several times and come out on top every time.

I believe you exaggerate. I do believe that Israel has in fact invaded all countries that borders it and it consists of Eygpt, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria (bombing from the air).

All these countries are third world countries while Israel was armed to the teeth from 1948.

Things a changing slowly but the trajectory is inevitable. Hisbullah militia men using excellent battle tactics harmed a seriously large Israeli military. Hopefully Israel will make the mistake of attacking Iran and initiate a cascading conflict.

The only way Israel will accept peace negotiations is if it gets the stuffing knocked out of it. A potential war like this should also be taken to its citizens abroad since many of them operate as spies and take part in wars by travelling to Israel when called.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by onoffon

Those countries you list were the first ones who attacked Israel when it was barely established, the only thing that saved them was the fact that each Arab army had its own agenda.

Hezbollah militias hid among densely populated refugee camps and urban centers crowded with civilians.

Israel tried to create a peace deal before Operation Cast Lead. This included giving Abbas control of all the West Bank and removing settlers. It also included the creation of a secure corridor to connect the Gaza Strip to the West Bank. The only problem the Palestinians had with this was that they would have to recognize Israel as a sovereign nation, not a catastrophe of invaded Palestinian land.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by onoffon

You think ISRAEL is in for a big lesson?

I think Hizballah is in for a big lesson.

Israel needs to say the hell with collateral damage next time and do a serious wipe to whoever attacks them, be it Hizballah or Hamas, or any of the other hundred or so groups of Muslim turds.

I understand they now have some serious thermobaric weapons much akin to the US BLU series. Good. Hiding in a hole won't protect them from the enormous overpressure.

It looks like a small nuke going off.

If the Lebanese want peace with Israel, all they have to do is kick out Hizballah.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by dooper]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by onoffon

This sounds like a very serious veiled threat to me.

It seems that he's pretty much saying that come the revolution he's planning on having supporters of Israel killed? Or have I misinterpreted this?

"Re-education"?!

Good grief.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
awesome! enough racism and wars,have a little peace for god sake!
kudos to these man that repeled them

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Do we know if this was a predominantly Maronite Christian Area?

That does make a difference as to why they were repelled if we can find out please?

Though it is South so likely not, but worth lookinig into.
Z

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That is not the big factor, as I see it.

They saw what death and destruction hezbolla brought onto Lebanon in the second war hezbolla brought onto Lebanon.

Also note, the article says what we all know anyways......

hezbolla terrorists hide their weapons and terrorists troops in civilian homes, business's and mosque's. (this is all proven facts)

When hezbolla attacks, both the attacking location as well as their supply dumps are targets for "counter attacks"

Now think for a second, if they and their weapons hide behind civilians, who will suffer and die?

Unfortunately for the world, it is the civilians and not the terrorists that cause all the death and war.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

The Christians stay out of the South, if it was near the Golan Heights then I would guess it was the Druze who repelled them. After all, few Lebanese groups are more critical of Hezbollah than the Druze, they even fought against them last year if you recall.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Let me get this straight Hezbollah hides weapons CLOSER to israel then it would if it hid them further inland (in relation to israel)... makes PERFECT sense /Sarcasm.

And to add further insult to injury it is from the ISRAELI POST im sorry but i refuse to believe the rubbish and propaganda that comes out of nationalist newspapers.

Long live hezbollah as a deterrant for the israeli's.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by onoffon

You think ISRAEL is in for a big lesson?

I think Hizballah is in for a big lesson.

Israel needs to say the hell with collateral damage next time and do a serious wipe to whoever attacks them, be it Hizballah or Hamas, or any of the other hundred or so groups of Muslim turds.

I understand they now have some serious thermobaric weapons much akin to the US BLU series. Good. Hiding in a hole won't protect them from the enormous overpressure.

It looks like a small nuke going off.

If the Lebanese want peace with Israel, all they have to do is kick out Hizballah.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by dooper]

Erm dooper last time I checked it was hezbollahs missle that damaged one of their ships because of their LAZINESS to TURN THE COUNTER MEASURES ON if anyone has a lesson to learn it is the IDF KTHXBI.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

True enough, the last time Hizballah began to rockets, Israel made a ton of dumbass mistakes.

They allowed the press free access to staging areas, and anyone in Lebanon could see another assault group coming.

They allowed the press to report on the locations of missile strikes, which was the dumbest thing I can imagine. It was just like having a forward observer reporting the strikes to enable them to adjust fire.

They tried to go into southern Lebanon, honeycombed with entrenchments and tunnels with conventional forces.

In other words, they came along easily anticipated lines of approach. DUMB.

But they learned from those mistakes, and they have now acquired these large thermobaric devices that can basically take out an entire kilometer-square grid.

Drop them, let them detonate, and then there will be no problem with ingress.

Many lessons were learned.

And the Israelis?

They never make the same mistakes twice.

You'll note the press was kept far from the fighting against Hamas.

Lessons learned.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yes but that is only in regards to their own and western media if SHTF again lebanese media will have a feild day with propoganda with israel for detonating what they will see as "nukes" resulting in a ****storm amongst the arab world for legit weapons.

Further more any leaks about mishandleing of prisoners due to the IDF will enrage the arab world you know what they say " when the camras role in war it's all done by the book"

[edit on 27-8-2009 by rationaluser]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join