It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you FIRST know about 2012? (Printed materials prefered)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I was walking down the street at about two or three a.m, and my friend, who was with me at the time told me about the theory. He said he didn't know what was going to happen but he advised me to maybe celebrate Christmas early in 2012. This was either when I was in eighth or ninth grade, so it was some years ago, near 2004.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i first learned about it when i wa going through books at barns & noble

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I learned about it on the History Channel during one of their specials. From there I did my own research.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever
Almost 15 years ago, Maurice Cotterell books.

second line.

Yes, I think Cotterell was the first to publicise the idea in The Mayan Prophecies That would be when I first became aware of the date (which is significant in much the same way that 31st Janaury 2010 is siginficant - because that's when the current Mountain Bothies Association calendar comes to an end)

Bearing in mind that at that time most end of the world predictions revolved around 1999/2000 - just as from 2013 they are likely to revolve around 2019/2036.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
U guys should check out the John Birch society speech from 1958 and some of their topics.... they knew something =)!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ooh yeah and the illuminati card game
u guys wanna check that out to, was first tryed to be "sold" to the general public in 1988/1989... it got out at 1992 i belive
Excuse my english

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think the first time I heard about 2012, was in the old In Search Of TV series hosted by Leonard Nimoy back in 78 or 79 Mayan Mysteries was the episode.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I first heard about 2012 in Cancun in 2002. My husband and I were on vacation there and we took a tour to Tulum, a Mayan pyramid ruin by the ocean and our tour guide told us about the Mayan calendar ending in 2012. I was TOTALLY shocked when he said this. I couldn't stop thinking about it and it really changed the mood of the vacation for me. I then slowly began to WAKE UP - hence my name - and also started seeing the 11:11 soon after. Life has never been the same since!

Maranatha!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stcaf

Hi stcaf.

I knew about 2012, by reading the books linked in the
second line of my signature.

They are now in PDF form. They are from 1981, and
the informations on 2012 ARE NOT NEGATIVE, or
fear-mongering, or stupidly doom prone !

Read that, and it will answer MANY of your important
questions about life. . .

Blue skies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join