It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you FIRST know about 2012? (Printed materials prefered)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I'm quite curious, except the internet,
did anyone actually saw any printed material like books
that talked about 2012 and reptilians in early years such as 2001?

The book has to be first published in that year (lets do 2002- ?), instead of printed a "second edition" in years like 2008 and talk about case study back in 1988.

Internet are not reliable, as the "year", can be edited anyday

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I'm not sure, but either youtube, or History Channel, one or the other.

Not sure how I found out about it, has a bunch of free time one week, looked on youtube and found it.

I think I might of been researching Nostradamous and stumbled upon it.

Seemed cool.

History channel furthered it, although i'm a skeptic so, don't buy any of it, only can speculate.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yes, that's what I am interested

Fooling around online for so long, I've got a number of friends who heard about 2012 aswell

Lets ignore what info they get and what their view is, most of them noticed about 2012 are within the years of ~2006 - 2009

And digging my history email accounts, and I was quite surprised to found that I first aware of 2012 was in 2007! (cos I thought it was earlier!)

So I am really interested if anyone has already been digging 2012 information as early as year 2002 or earlier

[edit on 26-8-2009 by stcaf]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stcaf

Hmm, I can't remember exactly, but I do remember me and a friend of mine in high school quite a while back coming across some reference to end of world predictions, one of which mentioned 2012. So I suppose that was my first initial exposure to the 2012 "hype".

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
reply to post by stcaf

Hmm, I can't remember exactly, but I do remember me and a friend of mine in high school quite a while back coming across some reference to end of world predictions, one of which mentioned 2012. So I suppose that was my first initial exposure to the 2012 "hype".

can you name the year frame of your high school time? (roughly)

[edit on 26-8-2009 by stcaf]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think it was when I first read about the Mayan calendar stone, probably 20 years ago, when it mentioned the date ending in 2012. It was curious then, but more hyped now.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I first heard of 2012 about a year ago when i worked for a radio station and was asked to do some research and a presentation on 2012 and alternative media! Thats what lead me to ATS and its been all downhill from there lol

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians (Paperback)

Publisher: Bear & Company; 1st Paper, 1st Printing edition (December 1, 1992).
The authour is a lady called Barbara Marciniak. Talks about the coming events running up to 2012...

Amazon - Bringers of the Dawn:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stcaf

Probably early 2005 I believe I came across the information.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
For me it was a movie I recorded off off Showtime back in 1987 called "The Man Who Saw Tomorrow" about Nostradamous. I then found myself at the library with my wife at the time wondering around and found a book on the Mayan Calture and it discussed the end of their calendar but the rebirth of the earth on 2012 but I can't remember the name of the book.

If you really want to learn more about 2012 I recommend these sourses. take it or leave it.
David Icke
David Wilcox
Project Camelot
Do a youtube search for coast to coast am 2012 and you will get a lot of audio interviews with knowledgable people. You can also find the movie I mentioned above on youtube.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Cool
Thanks for the information everyone
Glad to know this 2012 thing is not too new like four-five years old

Except the date 2012, about about Reptilians and the Nibiru story?
Are there any OLD aged materials ever talked about that? (I cant find any early books which has mentioned about that 2 issue yet)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stcaf

I believe David Icke should be your first stop for the reptillian research, he has written a few books that go back the the mid 90's and once you start your C2C search you'll come accross a few Nibiru videos that will lead you to sites and then books. I do know that both of those topics have been discussed for over 20 yrs as I look back to the first time I started hearing about them but I wasn't quite awake yet lol...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
for me it was around the end of 2003, around september......I was out by the pool, and my friend came by to drop of my laptop, so i had a way to look it up for the first time, since the first time i heard about it, but barley did until the last few years.....

I just think it is the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT, though personally....

I think it is a wonderful new beginging.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Almost 15 years ago, Maurice Cotterell books.

second line.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Heard pieces of it through my reiki master teacher over the years..Though my first exposure to it must have been in 2006 when Nostradamus was first introduced to me, though I gotta say that was through the internet.

Has anyone seen the new 2012 trailer, you wouldnt even know its a movie trailer unless you looked at the bottom of the screen at the end of it. Seems very erie and almost predictive programming/foreshadowing-esque what with the whole "bog brother end of the world win a lottery ticket to save your life" schtick.
Reminds me of those holocaust commericals mtv ran when fema camps became popular...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hello, i first became aware of the mayan callander predictions around 1994-95, i would have been in junior school (age about 8-9yrs old) yes i remember it well, it was a book of different sciences, it also mentioned eclipses, including the eclipse of 24 August, 1999 which i watched, and rememberd that book.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
i found out about 2012 from an Australian Independent magazine called nexus or was it new dawn one of those 2. that was back in 98 or 99. way before all the hype.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it featured in books I read in the early 80's and onwards (Mayan Calendar)

The Reptilian issue itself emerged with Icke, in my case, although books I read in the late 70s were discussing the Dog Star and Dogon beliefs that they are descended from 'fish type', 'scaly' gods. Photos in those early books showed statuettes of the scaly-gods with the lower body as fish-like and attributed them to Sumerian or possibly earlier religions

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stcaf

it was in 1977. i was browsing at a local bookstore and i came across Von Danikens chariot of the gods in paper back. there wasnt much about it in that book but some kind of a teasing question of what implications there is in the year 2012 when the mayans stopped their astronomical chronicling.
bout the reptilians? just about 2 years back when i came across the "Lacerta Files". Interesting interview isnt it.?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
About 2012 theories was back in 2000. Way before the hype.

But since I was into astronomy before, I knew of the 2012 Mayan end date back in 1995; at the time it was just a myth.

This is long enough to having concluded that the transformation occurs around 2012 and that you will not see anything special outwards, just inner change in ourselves.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by segurelha]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join