It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have Swine Flu...An example of how quickly if can potentially spread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Last Saturday night i met up group of friends out on the town, there was people everywhere, come Monday morning and around 13 of us have a bad cough...Tuesday comes and almost all of us have chronic flu symptoms -the only two who went to a Dr were diagnosed with H1N1 Swine Flu.

Although I knew I had the symptoms of the Flu, I didnt think it could be this serious!

This is my story of Tuesday, BEFORE I knew i had it.
8am- Had breakfast with my parents (5 possible people)

9-12pm- In a court room interacting by shaking hands, talking ect.. (30-40 possible people min)

12-2pm- lunch with family and friends (12 possible people)

2-5pm- In a shopping center (unknown possibility)

5pm onwards...im soo physically exhausted and drained from the flu that I can barely stand. I spend the rest of the night on Paracetamol-Codeine to ease the aches and cough suppressant to ease the pain of violent coughing. Its now 6:25pm on Wednesday and i have just managed to get the strength to get out of bed and get some food and fluids into my system and share my story with ATS.
I haven't yet heard from anybody else Ive come into contact with.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
We had it as well a few months back, but basically stayed home because i am a wimp who NEVER gets sick, so i am a big baby when i do..felt like soimeone crushed every bone in my body one by one, a person who came here to visit from the island got it from us and spred it all over the island......

Any hoo, long story short, NONE of them died from it.....not even close, we all just were whiney and wimpy...

I bet none from that group die either....unless they are already in critical condtion with a few days left to live anyways because they already had cancer or something...

THEN they will announce they died of swine flue, NOT the critical cancer...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

By far the worst flu Ive ever had, BUT not unbearable...just annoying and draining and HIGHLY contagious. Your right there, the only way they could die from it is if their health was already deteriorating from another illness.

Just a heads up...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

my nephew got it and he reported for work still spewing the virus...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. lol.

Yeah, interactions are incredible.

Just imagine the plane systems. flying here and there, that'll destruct nations.

Weird to see so many ATSers with Swine flu lately.

I'm healthy as a donkey... is that right?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. lol.

Yeah, interactions are incredible.

Just imagine the plane systems. flying here and there, that'll destruct nations.

Weird to see so many ATSers with Swine flu lately.

I'm healthy as a donkey... is that right?

LOL
i can assure you, I DID NOT masturbate OR have gay sex on Saturday night....................wait, or did I?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
reply to post by mellisamouse

By far the worst flu Ive ever had, BUT not unbearable...just annoying and draining and HIGHLY contagious. Your right there, the only way they could die from it is if their health was already deteriorating from another illness.

Just a heads up...

yea im a bit nervous, i have chronic asthma, so im afraid it might affect me more seriously.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Doesn't matter, it means someone else must've. We'll have to track him down and blame him.... I'll find him on my witch hunt sooner or later!

Thanks for having a good sense of humour, it's well appreciated.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Griffo515: Did they do an actual test for H1N1 or did they just diagnose it by the symptoms?

Mellisamouse: You are correct.

The reason I asked is because when I was at the dr. on Monday and was asking questions about the H1N1, I was informed that the county health department here where I live is telling physicians not to test for the swine flu, but to treat an illness with flu-like symptoms as swine flu.

This really bothers me because mellisamouse is correct and the deaths and illnesses from H1N1 will be way overcounted. Those with underlying health problems or other conditions will be the ones to die from it, then it will be said the person died from H1N1. That was the other thing he told me. If a person is healthy they will be able to fight it off and get over it just like a seasonal flu, but one who has other medical problems will have a harder time, just like the people who die every year from the seasonal flu, most have some other condition.

Which keeps leading me back to the fact that I think they are trying to cause hysteria over this so people will go run and get vaccinated, which is the part that really scares me.

It is very scary how many people you come in contact with on a daily basis and how many of them don't think twice to go out when they are sick.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So, it spreads just as aggressively as the regular seasonal flu. How interesting. I suppose however, since the word "swine" is placed in front of it, we should all be infinitely more terrified of it. After all, in the US, it's already killed 0.01666% as many people as the regular flu does!

If I were you, I'd be happy you got the flu rather than the vaccine, which will undoubtedly have a higher mortality rate than the flu itself. Bet me.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
By far the worst flu Ive ever had,

Got it myself last week, got a mild dose of it so it wasn't too bad.

Its a weird kind of flu, but going by the media coverage, it should be an awful lot worse.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Nothing different from regular flu season spread just the same and depending what strain you get that is how sick you will become.

Usually the first ones to take the full strain are the sickest as the virus spread from one person to the other in the same group the strain wanes.

That is how the regular flu season behave.

And the same people that die from regular flu will die from the swine flu, perhaps the swine flu will replace the seasonal flu from now on.

I was born in the tropics we have to deal with year around type of viruses and we don't get vaccinated for anything.

We just ride the waves.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I wonder if will behave like the dengue flu, that one is compare to the seasonal flu makes the seasonal flu a walk in the park.

Dengue attacks the nervous system leaving you feeling like your body is nothing but made of gelatin, the fever, body aches and headache makes you feel like you want to die, then you get hives after the fever is gone.

I had it when I was a teen and when I had the seasonal flu I could tell it was totally different, seasonal flu attacks the lungs and is not as debilitating.

My mother had the hemorrhagic dengue when it mutated back in the 80s she was quarantine for weeks at the hospital and survive it.

It was not pandemic because of that, now the hemorrhagic dengue comes back every year and with the regular dengue, the dengue mosqito has been found now in florida.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think that a lot of people who think they have the swine flu, and havent been to the doctor probably are just sick, and because of all this hype, think that they have the super duper crazy killer pig flu.....hell, i wouldnt be surprised if there were people out there with a cold who thought they were going to die because they got it.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yeah dengue fever! I had some friends who got very sick of dengue when I lived in Venezuela in the 1980's - they got soo down and soo terribly sick! and I was really really worried about them - I had never seen anything like it - just awful!

My fiancé freaked out and had me hunting down & kill all the 'patas blancas' mosquitos every time we got home and before she could enter the house!

Many around us got sick, but we fortunately managed to stay uninfected!

And regarding the swine-flu!

I have two near friends here in Europe who has been sick with the flu already.

Both are very healthy well trained guys around 40 years old.

One of them got terribly sick in Spain and said this was the worst flu he had experienced in his life - and he have had some very heavy flu's before.

The other guy went sick on a business trip to the USA in June and got sick when he came home again, and said that the flu was rather mild compared to other heavy flu's he had before in life.

Well! I don't know what to believe really!

Can there be more to this than what they are telling us? - is there one strain out there which can be very dangerous and even deadly while another one is more or less harmless?

Oh crap! I hate not knowing the important information - and the pesky health officials is only spouting their worthless BS in my country!

Well! I'm in the waiting game here ready to be sick - but this waiting game is going to kill me before the flu!

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Thanks, is nice to see somebody else that has been around the dengue, is interesting, because is pass on by mosquitoes is rare that in one family one or more will get infected as long as the same doesn't mosquito bites them at the same time.

When I had it I back in the 70s I was the only one to get it.

When my mother had the mutated version she was the only in the family to have it.

Still my younger brothers and sister never had the dengue in their lives.

I guess that is why is not seen as a pandemic all the government had to do is fumigate around to make sure it doesn't spread in the summer months when they are to breed.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

This isn't uncommon. Years ago if you came in with a sore throat that presented as strep they'd put you on a general antibiotic, culture it and then change your antibiotic based on the results. There are some good clinical reasons to do it this way but it was decided that it was better to just treat the disease as presented.

What they are likely afraid of is the labs getting overwhelmed with test orders and subsequent delays in treatment. It's more efficient to be on the safe side and treat it as if it was H1N1 so peopole can take the necessary precautions early-on.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well, whether it's H1N1 or not, it's still a flu so you'd treat it exactly same as a regular flu, would you not?
Just because it got over hyped with the catch phrase "Swine Flu" doesn't really make it any different, does it?

I just started this thread
NZ Reduces Swine Flu Alert After Cases Drop

For quite a while now, people have not been getting tested to confirm H1N1 (unless there are complications such as a pre-existing respitory illness), as the majority of cases have been relatively mild. This means that the reported "confirmed" cases are far, far less than the actual illness rates.

Using recent figures, the mortality rate was around 0.46%. In reality the rate would be far lower than this, as the majority of cases are not reported. Most of the deaths, which total 16 so far, have had underlying medical problems. This does not mean that these deaths aren't tragic, as some might think I'm implying. My heart goes out to those who have lost their loved ones. But the reality is, this flu isn't actually that bad compared to other illnesses. Unless of course it mutates into something more dangerous, but it hasn't happened yet. And here in NZ, the amount of cases seems to be on the decrease now, without any major issues.

Hope you guys in the Northeren Hemisphere don't get it too bad. We did just fine, so I'm sure you'll be alright. A healthy immune system should see you through, no worries. It's just the people with complications (ie. respitory problems) who should be careful.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Chevalerous

I guess that is why is not seen as a pandemic all the government had to do is fumigate around to make sure it doesn't spread in the summer months when they are to breed.

Yes! I think a Dengue 'Pandemic' all over the world at the same time would be almost impossible since a mosquito is the carrier.

But many big spread outbreaks of dengue happens from time to time in the tropics as you know.

There was a very big outbreak in Brazil just a couple of years ago.

And the big major outbreak in Venezuela 1989 happened after the rain season and after heavy rains and floods which left big pools of water for the mosquitos to grow in.

But it must be hell to get it though! - poor you who got it!

I read somewhere that if severe, it could lead to dengue hemorrhagic fever and can cause heavy bleeding, and shock syndromes which can result in vascular blood vessel and liver damage, and be life-threatening.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by opal13
Griffo515: Did they do an actual test for H1N1 or did they just diagnose it by the symptoms?

They did nasal swabs of them so i take it that's the test? But since we all share the same symptoms and got it the same night, I think its safe to assume that we all have it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join