It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Minutes, And the world is listening.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

But still it's the content of what you say, that will be yours to choose

i think i'm confused..

are you saying theres some thing wrong with what i would say or that i don't think every one would listen?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Consider what happens today, how people think about death, and consider what they might want to hear. I suggest that the time would be best spent on a topic on the afterlife.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RokNinja

But still it's the content of what you say, that will be yours to choose

i think i'm confused..

are you saying theres some thing wrong with what i would say or that i don't think every one would listen?

Neither really.

There, from what I could honestly say, there was nothing wrong with what you would've said.

I don't think 'everyone' will listen, but still the butterfly effect would do wonders to inspire people, and for those to make the differences in others.

For my quote you took. The content you say, (which you did good
) should be able to transcend that which people would ignore. They are all focused on you of course.

Listening intentively.

I may of blurred to different posts, and had your name on it

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Consider what happens today, how people think about death, and consider what they might want to hear. I suggest that the time would be best spent on a topic on the afterlife.

Umm... Can you explain this, please

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Always remember we are related. We are brothers and sisters no matter what part of the world we are from.

We are a small part of the whole human race.

Treat others with kindness. Love each other. Hurt no one.

God made this beautiful world for us all to enjoy and have plenty. Share what you have with others.

Parents, love your children and give them your time and understanding.

Children, learn from your parents and take care of them when they can no longer take care of themselves.

Don't be afraid of anything. Live life to the fullest. Live life on the edge but use logical reasoning and don't do your body harm that can't be fixed.

Use everything within reason. Don't overindulge in anything.

Don't use tobacco. It kills. I am damaged because of my use of it.

See as much of this world as you can. It's yours.

Live your life with integrity and fairness.

Help others when you can.

Laugh, love, cry, dance, sing and enjoy your life.

I do not believe in organized religion but I do believe in my God.

Have faith that one day all our questions will be answered.

Trust God with your life.

Love those that have no God. Live your life as an example of your faith.

Now go and have fun.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I like it, it summery is simple. Embrace your emotions, embrace others emotions.

Live life, with the intent of happiness, and the happiness of others.

Think you really reflect the video I posted from youtube.

It's good, and well presented in the thread.

I appreciate your contribution.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Well, Now I see what you're saying. (I've always hated that quip, yet it seems appropriate in this case.)

I interpreted your OP as everyone has 24 hours to live and to put one's self in the place of pontificating to the globe as the final words to all humanity.

Under those circumstances... I'd have to retreat to the white sands of a tropical island with wifey and consider the matter at length.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Well, Now I see what you're saying. (I've always hated that quip, yet it seems appropriate in this case.)

I interpreted your OP as everyone has 24 hours to live and to put one's self in the place of pontificating to the globe as the final words to all humanity.

Under those circumstances... I'd have to retreat to the white sands of a tropical island with wifey and consider the matter at length.

I think if that was the case for you, you'd find those 24 hours left, to have thought of nothing but one thing, the action your doing.

And that, I cannot blame you for!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I would say "Do not forget who you are."

It would be their choice to take the advice, or leave it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Not sure but i do think that i would conjour up a 10 minute speech about why and how to globalise Gandhi's way of winning a country back. If 10% would take it to heart it is a good start, with a little luck it's the critical mass needed for the way to recovery.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
I wouldn't say anything, whats the point?

If everyone will die in 24 hours, saying anything would be a waste of time.

They didn't listen before, when they had 'all the time in the world', so now they have 24 hours left they definitely won't be listening. I know i wouldn't want to spend my last 24 hours alive listening to people blaming me for the world being the way it is...no thanks

I heard all that! I don't think I would have anything to say to the world either, after all, they had a chance to listen, and didn't. I for one would be very happy to hear this news, it would mean time to go Home.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I figured now that this is gone, i'd post what'd I'd say.

"There is no personal god.
you are responsible for your actions.
Those close to you, make you responsible for their actions, because if they do something behind you, they weren't that close.

You're not as ugly as you think you are.

Don't look for love or happiness, it is not looking for you, but you two will eventually meet in a random fender bender.

When you get the time, look at the sky and understand your place in it, if you have to make the time to do it, you don't understand your place in it.

If you're angered, be angered, but do not, let the anger become who you are.

Anothers belief, isn't your belief, your belief is your own, and it's speculative at that, and so is theirs, you shan't believe that, because they are in a group that you should conform.

Stick to your guns, if there are no bullets, you'll find out pretty quick.

If you feel loved, know it's because you've felt hate, vice versa.

Doubt isn't something to be ashamed of, it's something to accept.

If there is nothing to doubt, your bullets should run out quickly.

Finally I leave with this...

# - For a non snipping,

MATE, Reproduce, and Whatever you do, DON'T DIE!

Reproduce children with the intent on letting them conclude their own ideas, with no outside imposition. Let them know their opinions are just as important as anyone elses, and that their opinions may not always be yours, accept it, and try to understand it.

Don't die! live, strive for it, some haven't been given your chance. Worry not only about your survival but the survival of others, your friends, your loved ones, your enemies, your alternative races, you're alternative thinkers.

Mate, Don't Die, and most importantly, THINK!."

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

This is what I'd say...

"You are only here for a very short time, make the most of it.

Do away with greed and ownership, because you truly never own anything, it simply exists and you utilise it for your time here. You can't take your car, house or giant TV with you, so why is it even important?

You need to stop buying things. Meaningless junk created in polluting factories and made by impoverished people.
You need to abandon the giant corporations that surround these useless objects, because their sheer size and power are inflicting damage on the governance of the people in their favour.
The Human race has sold what it should have been in return for trinkets of no value. And those who bought our future now control everything.

Humans need to go back to a simpler time, when the truly important things mattered; community, shelter, family, love, compassion... we don't need to commute, work ten hours a day, miss out on family and friends, and all just to be able to own something, briefly, supplied by a machine that is assisting in the control of the Human race.
In smaller communities you could work for three or four hours, farming, building, learning, experiencing life, and you could do all of this with the people you love, if only you could relinquish the false idols of "property" and "wealth".

You need to rid the world of controlling governance and restrictive laws. Why do you care if a government body says it's dangerous to have a step without yellow and black markings, or a road has to have a metal barrier to stop idiots from running into traffic?
Why do you need to work to pay taxes to employ people who create laws that have no value other than to create more governance, which in turn requires higher taxes, which requires more money, which requires more work?
Why do you continue to allow people to control every minute aspect of life, and pay them for the privilege?

Which brings me to my next point nicely; you need to do away with dictatorial religion. Believe what you want, but do not inflict your beliefs on the lives of others. Why do you care if another man chooses to sleep with another man? What business is it of yours?
Create laws in your own small community, by all means, but do so with the understanding of the rights of others to be free where it doesn't affect you in the slightest.
You wouldn't accept them telling you to live by their standards and rules, so why should you expect others to do the same?

Destroy celebrity.
Why do you worship people who are famous, and for nothing more than being on TV? In a sensible world people would appreciate those who contribute to or advance the Human race in some meaningful way, not those who got their tits out once on national TV.

Ultimately, people need to learn to live with respect for others and the environment. You are here for a very short time, so why insist on wasting it in the race to own more than others, to beat others in a fictional competition where the prize is how much wealth you left when you died? How did you win anything?"

There, that's what I'd say. And I'd say it not really caring if anyone would actually listen, but knowing that I left something else of value behind.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I would probably say...

"Mary rose, sat on a pin, Mary rose"

After the 24hrs had passed, I and a whole lot of other people might be saying something along the lines of....

"Let there be light"

And it was all good wasnt it?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Please, delete...

Replied in the wrong thread...Mea Culpa

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Koyaanisqatsi]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join