It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Minutes, And the world is listening.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I've held this back, for, I'm not sure, maybe a few weeks. Figured a mod would quickly remove it, and well I've been pretty mild lately, so figured I'd be granted some leniency.

It's a simple question, which, is one i've often pondered upon.

Imagine a Television broadcasts, this station presents to the whole audience of the world.

Every 6.7 billion people can watch it (hypothetically of course) the sex slaves, the children, the CEO's, wall street bankers, the rappers, the acoustics. Everyone.

Here's the clincher. You've just been told you have 24 hours to live, your brain and body will immediately shut down in 24 hours.

Now, for those ADD, you have a 100% guarantee of being dead in 24 hours. The doctor isn't wrong.

Now upon discovering this news, the International News Station, comes to you and asks you to speak for 10 minutes, just ten, and tell the world a important message.

Now you can sum it up, into a few lines, one word, or a ton of paragraphs, you do in all senses have a full ten minutes. Uneditted, uncut, raw.

What would you tell the entire populace of the world, in your dying moments?

After you've written it read this........ Do you think what you even wrote, made a damn difference in anyone?

EDIT TO ADD: For those Just tuning in. Hypothetically Imagine, 10% of the World, actually takes what you say to heart, that least amount of people. And the other 90% listen to it, like they did when they found out Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt split up.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Republican08]

CX

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Good thread. S & F.

It probably sounds a bit negative, but i don't think i'd bother.

Thats ten minutes i could be spending with my kids and partner.

Why wouldn't i bother? IMO theres enough people able to listen in the world already, yet they refuse to. You can tell them till you are blue in the face, but it will never be enough.

For the sake of the topic though, if i knew that people WOULD listen and act on my words, i think i would like to highlight in brief, a few of the major conspiracies discussed here on ATS.

There are still many people out there that don't have a clue what is going on in this world, and if just a few words can open their eyes like ATS did for me, then i will die a happier man.

Maybe after my passing, millions will act instead of the odd few now and again.

CX.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

That's the thing though that i'd like to address (sorry had to break the T cycle!)

You can talk to people blue in the face, but if every single person in the world was listening.

What would you conjure up to say, what do you think would be the most Profound, insightful thing to say.

I know what i'd say but I want to hear others, (incase theirs is better
)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I believe I would have to say perhaps one of the coolest quotes Ive ever heard by of course Bill Hicks
“The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we kill those people.”

rather than say my own I feel that this sums up what I would say.
Besides 10 minutes isnt enough I would get cut off after as soon as I finished stating my main thesis of my speech...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
"YESS! Finally justice on earth.
See you all on the other side. I live the rest of my 10m to Dalai Lama"

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akoostikreiki

Took me 30 seconds to read that, If you've got something to say, even on a blogging site, it's worth saying.

Bill Hicks, I should've seen him coming

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Lol you know it never crossed my mind how short that quote really was...haha man..
Wouldnt matter im sure as soon as the quote finished the MSM would cut to a breaking news that michael jacksons doctor is now dead or sum BS distraction, even in the last 24 hours of the world.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
In Space, No one can hear you scream...

It's the same on the internet.

(I'm smiling on this side of the screen.)

[edit on 8·26·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't say anything, whats the point?

If everyone will die in 24 hours, saying anything would be a waste of time.

They didn't listen before, when they had 'all the time in the world', so now they have 24 hours left they definitely won't be listening. I know i wouldn't want to spend my last 24 hours alive listening to people blaming me for the world being the way it is...no thanks

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
I wouldn't say anything, whats the point?

If everyone will die in 24 hours, saying anything would be a waste of time.

They didn't listen before, when they had 'all the time in the world', so now they have 24 hours left they definitely won't be listening. I know i wouldn't want to spend my last 24 hours alive listening to people blaming me for the world being the way it is...no thanks

Oh no, Maybe I worded it wrong.

If you have 24 hours left, they still have their lifetimes and so on. Just you personally, you're going to die. Not them.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
In Space, No one can hear you scream...

It's the same on the internet.

(I'm smiling on this side of the screen.)

[edit on 8·26·09 by DrMattMaddix]

Butterfly effect.

If one person hears another, another will hear it in them and so on and so forth.

It's all purely hypothetical though, let's not over analyze the wrong portion of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akoostikreiki

Lol you know it never crossed my mind how short that quote really was...haha man..
Wouldnt matter im sure as soon as the quote finished the MSM would cut to a breaking news that michael jacksons doctor is now dead or sum BS distraction, even in the last 24 hours of the world.

In all seriousness, it probably would. But what you'd have to say, would surely have to give a standing impression on the person, not be so swayed to the hot topic.

I think that if one person was given the attention of the world, it wouldn't be useless, guess you guys have much less faith than this atheist lol.

I think I could come up with some awe inspiring, and a tad mentally disturbing enough to stick.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

this is what i'd say:

"Don't do what i say, don't believe what i say just listen and think on it.

open your eyes, open your mind and look at the univerese. if you say you already have then ask your self have you realy?

think and ponder on all that surounds you, all the intrests, anything and everything.

don't just look for answer but look to understand the answers you find. from the smallest mollecule to the vastness of space the universe holds wonders beyond imagination that make to problems of the world seem trivial at best. think for your selves and know that there is always more to know.

put aside the selfishness of the self and look to help your neighbours because are we realy all that different. the evils of the world will only wash away when we admit that it is our fault and our problem to deal with, not some higher power or alien beings. until we can learn to live with our selves can we learn to live in the expanse of the galaxy.

the chapter end and the page turns, it is up to us were our story goes. "

and then i'd end with a joke

would what i say make a difference... probly not. people are stuborn.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This is what one man said to a Graduating Class. I thought it was pretty inspiring.

And he wasn't even dying. Just giving advice.

Honestly listen to the whole thing, you're jaw will drop.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Ah right, i get it now

Erm, it would still be the same to be honest. 30 minutes after my ten minute slot people would have forgotten all about me and what i said. It could have been one of the most articulate, spellbinding, prophetic speeches ever made, wouldn't make a difference.

"If you want someone to be ignored, then build a life-size bronze statue of them and stick it in the middle of town."

That kind of sums up my feeling on the matter.

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die tomorrow......

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RokNinja

Just so this whole thread doesn't turn Anti-People.

Some people are listening, and it's always that one person that makes the difference.

I have a chance in thought that this thread, could make a difference in someone and change the world, not a great chance, but still just thinking about it, is a pretty great thought I like to have.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
life is short, stop being so afraid all the time, it's a waste of time. (i can't do that myself, but it's good advice) and you need to legalise and tax all recreational drugs today, the only people who benefit from criminalization are the criminals. this is the single biggest injustice in the world. all injustice springs from this well.

[edit on 26/8/09 by pieman]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

IMO there are always people that will listen and be inspired to change the world.

i just see two problems

1- who will listen to those people

2- there will always be disagrement on in which way the world should change

an optimist calls a pesimist a realist

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
life is short, stop being so afraid all the time, it's a waste of time. (i can't do that myself, but it's good advice) and you need to legalise and tax all recreational drugs today, the only people who benefit from criminalization are the criminals. this is the single biggest injustice in the world. all injustice springs from this well.

[edit on 26/8/09 by pieman]

Aw, something I can think upon. Something that leaves a indentation.

GJ

I appreciate it. I can hear someone saying this, albeit in the voice of Sam Harris...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RokNinja

But still it's the content of what you say, that will be yours to choose, your facing death in a few hours, and you have something to say to the world, you won't suffer any backlash, just something to say.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think i'd like to have this chap around when I say what i'd say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join