It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slave to money, then you die.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I've seen quite a few 'posts' I won't say threads, because i've seen more posts then threads about it, in respect to Neo.

I hear people say, that my 9-5. Is me being a slave to Obama, I just don't see how that is so.

Well then I hear that, I work to live, and I live to work.

That they control me by throwing a little coin my way, while they feast upon feasts.

Well, i'm young I suppose, and I work to get a better job, and ultimately to work to become the next Nobel Prize winner, to be somebody. And there is a ladder you have to climb, or for some they create their own ladder, which is a little better i'll admit.

I work, I due my 'deed' to society, I get a piece of green paper, which I later turn in for a Iphone. Something I want. I worked for it, I earned it.

I don't see how i'm a slave?

Maybe i'm just not that savvy of how slavery works.

But, I work and don't use any type of credit, (except for my student loan
) everything I have, own, possess I bought with cash.

I know of a credit slavery, that's awful.

But how does working and earning and saving and spending, make me a slave.

I can only imagine the world these people want to live in, as one brilliant person put it on here, awhile back. Would you like 1,000,000,000 apples for that lamborghini. There excellent apples.

It just wouldn't work.

If I work hard enough, I can buy a house, I can have kids, and support them. I can do tons of things.

But if I contribute nothing, I suppose I can get on welfare and at least make a small try?

If I don't contribute, what does that make me?

If someone mows your lawn, do you not pay them for it, as in hopes not to make them feel like a slave.

I'm sorry but I just simply don't get this concept the people on here come up with. It's illogical to me.

But fear not, I'm NOT bashing. lol. Treading softly. If you can explain how it works better, go for it, make my day.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Heh , thanks for the invite Rep.

Anyway, Everyone has to work , or do they?

Work is an occupational hazard to living, its takes time up in our lives , time IMOP that could be better spent learning new things, learning about ourselves and our place in the universe.

Here's we I get confusing and freaky.

I believe that we have so much 'bottled' potential that we would , should we learn to harness our latent gifts, become a different species or lifeform, evolved into something else, something better.
We have been given 'work' to prevent this from happening, look at our 'pre-history', we have been here ( apparently) evolving for the last 2 million odd years, only in the last 10-20,000 have we actually progressed to the technologically advanced point, we have created all sorts of devices to make our lives easier ,before the 10-20000 point what did we do with ourselves? we lived in harmony wioth nature, we were spiritual.

But has it become easier?
Sure we have computers to do jobs for us, but that means more work during the day, otherwise we have a lot of downtime ( I have a fair amount otherwise I wouldn't have the time to write this nonsensical post :lol

Work has put a stopper on our becoming something different, after all look at our lives ( my example ) I was born , I went to school to learn how to be a productive member of society , I didn't really learn anything to better me , I started work, I bought a bike, a phone, a house , got married, got loans, got credit cards, got debts, got to work harder and longer to pay them off, I'll probably die with very little to show for it.

Now look at my day ( my example again) I wake up at 6am, get a shower, get dressed , leave at 7am to go to work, takes an hour , get to work at 8am, work till 12, have lunch, back at 1pm, work through till 4pm, go home , arrive at home at 5.15pm, prepare evening meals and eat, do some more work at home from about 7, go to bed at 10pm, sleep till 6am

Where's the time for me to better myself?

Probably could skip working at home , but the 'job's' I have to do are important ( to whom?) I do housework tidying , maintenance as well as a bit of 'homework' from my day job etc.

There are times in my life I just want to say to the boss " up yours" and walk out, but then I realise I have bills to pay, petrol for the bike, etc. I have to work, if I had the money I wouldn't work , I admit there are people who lOVE to work, there are jobs that NEED to be done, Doctors and water treatment etc, but given the choice most people would prefer to be sat at home, think about this, if there was no work there would be very little on TV, people would read ,and with that expand their minds.

Money is the root of all evil, it forces people to work , after all your told to have new gadgets and toys, fast cars, and to have all this you have to have money, to have a relationship you have to pay for it with dates, movies and meals out. But if the world had no money, people wouldn't work, jobs would still have to be done, but you could do so much without it, medical care would be free, homes would be free, energy production would take new unpolluting routes, and to cap it all space exploration would literally take off.

Mankind could progress and learn new things.

We are slaves of our own choosing, we want to have the new toys, to have them we have to have money, to have money we have to work, but as life goes on, you have to have move to live a 'comfortable' life, that means more money is needed, unless your born with a silver spoon up your jacksy and rich parents, then you'll have to knuckle down with the rest of the world. 95% of the worlds wealth is owned by 1% of the people,, I say take out the 1% and let everybody have a year off work.

Rant and confusion over, and to let you all know I do work , for a bank I might add, but I'm crap with money same as the rest, only the financially savvy know how to keep theirs, my advice for my perspective is pay off your debts as quick as you can, want that Ipod? save the cash for it don't get loans, take the cash to the store, have it in your hand and decide , do you REALLY need it? or do you simply WANT it? what benefit is it to you? .

Man I need some sugar. sorry if my post is confusing, I know what I'm trying to say, but always have trouble conveying it to others.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Just a few things to consider. How much of you, the real you and not the card board fake you, can you apply in your job? How many times have you been ignored, ridiculed or simply humiliated at work? How many times have you been treated like shi#?

Or let me put it in another way. Suppose I gave you one million dollars, would you go back to your current job? Listen to all the BS that continiously flows while you now can do what you want? Knod yes sir no sir while this one million dollars of FREEDOM is burning on your bank account. Listen to 1 plus 1 is 5,78 because I say so and by the way you are an imbecil.

Food for thought

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Yeah, I get you in most parts, I still get a dumbfounded look on my face, when I find out that Money Isn't available for NASA to look for Asteroids coming to hit earth or for any manned missions. Do you need money for that, i'd work for free and find for free to get these things going, heck i'd be homeless to make it happen.

I understand the conveying point and appreciate the long post, please allow me more time to look over it, so I can 'really' understand it

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

Just a few things to consider. How much of you, the real you and not the card board fake you, can you apply in your job? How many times have you been ignored, ridiculed or simply humiliated at work? How many times have you been treated like shi#?

Or let me put it in another way. Suppose I gave you one million dollars, would you go back to your current job? Listen to all the BS that continiously flows while you now can do what you want? Knod yes sir no sir while this one million dollars of FREEDOM is burning on your bank account. Listen to 1 plus 1 is 5,78 because I say so and by the way you are an imbecil.

Food for thought

Lucky for me, my boss specializes in Micro-Managing.

I still think though, if I got 5,000,000 dollars right now. I'd probably donate half of it, and you know where i'd donate it too. Or you should.

Then take the rest bury it in a coffee can in my backyard so to speak, and get up and put up with the same bs. Just knowing I was secure would make my life easier and stress free.

It's the emergencies that worry me.

5 million, wouldn't change anything for me.

I can only say hypothetically. I like the day to day struggles, and seeing if I can make it, because if I can't what does that say about me.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I believe in a 3 day working week, ok we may not make as much money and our economies may grow at a slower rate, but is the goal of constant growth that important. Its certainly not sustainable. With the remaining four days we should be encouraged to follow what we really want to do, learning musical instruments pursuing a hobbie no matter how bixarre. This would hopefully procuce a well rounded citizenry, who are less stressed and more creative.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I betcha that if we would have this talk 10 years from now, you mind reconsider
Nice boss you have........

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I believe in a 3 day working week, ok we may not make as much money and our economies may grow at a slower rate, but is the goal of constant growth that important. Its certainly not sustainable. With the remaining four days we should be encouraged to follow what we really want to do, learning musical instruments pursuing a hobbie no matter how bixarre. This would hopefully procuce a well rounded citizenry, who are less stressed and more creative.

HELL YES
That is exactly how I live. 3 days! My life is MINE. And I don't need all the crap that can be bought. And besides a spine for example can't be purchased, or say half a brain

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

I betcha that if we would have this talk 10 years from now, you mind reconsider
Nice boss you have........

Out of all the bosses i've had, this one has to be the most awful.

I can't hate him, because the fact he speaks very little english. And Neither of us really know what we're saying, (it's come in handy for me in the venting status, and he just laughs and smiles unknowingly).

I've had only one good boss, she was strict, but very good at her job.

This guy, micro manages. It's incredible what minute things he'll pick up on, and point out.

Ever come into work with a list of the tiniest things you did wrong. And you work 7 days a week.

This beer is to you Pushpa, and ramachandran. Screw both of you.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Sorry Mate, I have had a busy day already and it's only 10.15 GMT so far, Yeah I can be confusing sometimes, I don't mean to be, but sometimes when trying to say something it never comes out the way you want it to, YOU know what your saying but no one else does

Anyway, what I was TRYING to convey, is that money is bad for people, it holds them back from being people, from being individuals from progressing .
We all want the best but we are seldom given the opportunity to be the best we can. We stumble throughout our dialy lives chasing after the next Dollarbill or Pound note, we live hand to mouth on a daily basis, we have the very best technology to make our lives easier, but look at the world we live in, we have better weapons to kill ourselves with, we have polluted our Planet with our fuels and cars.
Now look at the African Nations, ok they're not a technologically as developed, a lot of them don't even have money relying on barter and trade.
Back in pre-history we all had the same, barter and trade, I bet even the native American Indians before 'colonisation' didn't have currency, they bartered, but they were peaceful and spiritual.
Now along comes money , we fight over , we kill each other over it, we lose our families over it, but in the end it wins, because WE LET IT.

All the money spent bailing out the failing businesses and Banks could have been put to better use by eradicating money alltogether. No-one has come up with a better option, simply because they can't be bothered to look into it, money wins again.

We work to get money, money rules our lives, it shouldn't, but we let it, take my example, if I want something I decide do I truly NEED it? there's a huge difference between WANT and NEED. I didn't NEED my Ipod. I wanted it so I got some cash out and bought it, it was a fad item.
My bike needs a service to get me to and from work , to get me around, but I WANTED the Ipod MORE. I NEED the bike to get to work so I can earn money, the bike fails , I don't get to work, I don't get paid.
Its a vicious cycle , we are bombarded with ads for this new shiney, or that new gizmo, we are told WE HAVE TO HAVE IT, truth is we DON'T.
We don't look at the necessary, we only see flashing lights . We waste the money we work long hours for, food for example , we Brits waste a a third of our food every week, thats a lot of wasted money, money that could've paid off a loan or at least pad a bit of a loan.

We borrow to have nice things, then new things come out to replace the old things, now we're STILL paying for the old thing when we bu the new thing, so we're paying twice as much now. See my point yet?

We don't need everything we can get our hands on, I for one would like a lot of money, I have a plan for it should a windfall ever come my way, debts be gone, maybe then I can start to change the world.

If we had the choice to live in a world without money I would jump at the chance, we are slaves to money IMO. we get ourselves indebted to someone else when we borrow money, that means we don't work for ourselves but we work for them. Interest on loans borrowed mean we own them more for longer, if we didn't have interest we'd pay our loans off faster.

I remember back in '87/88 I worked for a high street electrical shop and a girl I knew came in, she wanted a new stereo system on hire purchase, I told her ( even though I got commision on HP agreements back then) it was a bad idea, save the money and pay cash. She argued a little with me and she finally took out a loan, Anyway 2 years later she came to me, ( we were still friends ) and said " I wish I'd listened to you, I haven't even paid off the Interest yet let alone the item".

So my advice to ALL , is pay off your loans quicker, go without something for a while longer, use that money you were saving to buy a new laptop to pay off a credit card, or a chunk off your mortgage, look around for better deals, or if you really need the item, shop around, you may save $20 or £20 , but it's better in YOUR pocket than some facat CEO.
Buy food that you will eat, DON'T impulse buy because the wrapper looks bright.

If your going to die don't die in debt, after all its not only you who's in debt when you shuffle off this mortal coil but your family as well. Your children will have to pay for YOUR mistakes. Get everything organised, pay for your funeral before you die, set aside a fund to cover it, and besides save now and pay for it as soon as possible, only because the prices are going to go up in the future.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I read a good description about slave to the system in the ringing cedars. It is not exactly how i explain it but i will try and explain how i see it. We are slaves because we have been given a false sense of security. A false sense in that we still pay taxes to the rich.

Materialistic things that you buy have no sense of purpose. I realised this after how much we are bombarded with more useless technology as time goes by. I observe people using them and when i take an outward view looking in, i see people using them like toys that have no meaning which gives the sense that a persons life has no meaning!

I will elave you with this interview piece form Vladimir Megre of the ringing cedars:
www.ringingcedarsofrussia.org...
Excerpt:
[ex]Five thousand years ago the priests living in ancient Egypt created many religions. Those priests were ruling whole nations. They were the richest people of those times. Their basements were full of gold and jewelry and they mastered many secret sciences. Even the Pharaohs used to come to them for advice and money. And each of those high-ranking priests had his hectare of land, where no slaves were allowed to work. Those richest people, who mastered many sciences, knew the secret of a hectare of land. The walls of ancient temples of Egypt had the inscription "Do not take food from your slave". This is one example.

Here is another one. The senators of ancient Rome issued an edict that if a slave could do some farming, and has been given a plot of land, his master could sell him to another master only with land. And why did the Roman senators give land to some slaves? And sometimes even money so that they could build themselves a house? For one and only reason - to take 10% of the crop.

Both Egyptian priests and Roman senators knew which food was good for man. In no form or shape should we eat the food we are actually eating now - it is dead. There's a great difference between the berries you pick from the bush and eat right away and berries sold at the store. The thing is not only that they are old. They don't have any energy. They cannot feed human soul. To say nothing about our technocratic world, which created plants-mutants.

So, if you do not have your own hectare of land, there is no place where you can get the food that man deserves. Of course, you can buy some vegetables, but make no mistake - those vegetables were not grown for you. They were grown not for man at all. They were grown for money.

There is no sickness that can't be cured by the space of love created by your hands and soul.

Men are children of God. Flora and fauna, air and everything around us is God's creation. And all together it is nothing else but materialization of God's spirit. If a person calls himself highly spiritual, let him show materialization of his spirituality.

Just imagine that God is looking at us now. And he sees some of his children driving a streetcar, some building houses, some salespeople working at stores. But he did not create those professions. They are for slaves. God did not want his children to turn into slaves. And he created a wonderful world and gave it to his children - take it and use it! But one must understand this world - what is the Moon, and what is small grass called milfoil.

So what is a hectare of land than? Is this the place where man must work up a sweat? NO! This is the place where man should not work at all! This is the place man must use to rule the Universe. Tell me, who will please God more: someone driving a streetcar or someone, who has turned his little piece of land into paradise? Of course, someone who has turned his land into paradise.

Can we allow people to open their way to the space today and teach them how to develop Mars and Moon? No way! Because there will be weapons and waste, wars will break out just like on Earth. But Man has been created so that he could go to other worlds. This will happen only when man learns and develops the planet he lives on. The planets of the Universe will be mastered by means of psychotelepathy and not by means of technologies.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Nice.

Thanks, that cheered me up no end.

new topics

top topics

join