It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Brace yourself: Beer prices are going up

page: 2
5
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


www.instructables.com...
this site is a step by step on how to make wine. it helped me out alot when my father wanted to learn how to.




posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


www.instructables.com...
this site is a step by step on how to make wine. it helped me out alot when my father wanted to learn how to.


Thanks for that link! I think Im going to have to make a LIQUOR folder in my bookmarks now..lol



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


It is my hobby to brew. I am thinking of mead next and since I live in Kansas I will have to check and see how much I can brew here.



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


It is my hobby to brew. I am thinking of mead next and since I live in Kansas I will have to check and see how much I can brew here.


You mean they only let you brew so much? Seems to me in your own home, you can do whatever you like..oh yea..thats in fantasy land..



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


psshhh your right I mean I live on an army post so I don't really know if I am allowed to brew any way so forget it who cares what he limit is it is usually some outrageous limit like 200 gallons any way and I wont have near that much. it depends on the state and its laws



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


psshhh your right I mean I live on an army post so I don't really know if I am allowed to brew any way so forget it who cares what he limit is it is usually some outrageous limit like 200 gallons any way and I wont have near that much. it depends on the state and its laws


God 200 gallons? You could have Homer Simpson AND Peter Griffin and still have enough...LOL



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


Yes indeed but than again I think allot of the laws are silly. I like your idea when the country as a whole is on hard times things should get a tad cheaper like BEER!



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


Yes indeed but than again I think allot of the laws are silly. I like your idea when the country as a whole is on hard times things should get a tad cheaper like BEER!


Well TPTB dont want us to have any fun!! That would be terrible!! I guess there will be a laugh tax next!




posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


Yes indeed but than again I think allot of the laws are silly. I like your idea when the country as a whole is on hard times things should get a tad cheaper like BEER!


Well TPTB dont want us to have any fun!! That would be terrible!! I guess there will be a laugh tax next!



LOL!

Shameless one-liner for that comic.



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That is totaly my wife right there that is too funny! tahnk you for the pic I will be sure to put it in my funny folder for work.



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That is totaly my wife right there that is too funny! tahnk you for the pic I will be sure to put it in my funny folder for work.


See, we cant do without it!!!



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


well I make my own beer now so she can't say a word! in the end I win!



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


well I make my own beer now so she can't say a word! in the end I win!


Now, you need to get her to make her own makeup..and you guys will rule the world!!!!!!

Well, im sure going to find out how to make my own..hopefully it wont come out like my eggplant Parmesan ...ewwwww



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


make your own cosmetics

And once more Nomadonte for the Win. And the crowd goes wild WOOOO HOOO!!!!



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


make your own cosmetics

And once more Nomadonte for the Win. And the crowd goes wild WOOOO HOOO!!!!


OMG what DONT you know!!!!
Do you know a website to grow your own money?? Please tell me you do..please please?



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 

money tree challenge
why yes, yes I do
but for real we are veering way off topic and I know you started the thread but I fear the mods they scare me in many ways


[edit on 26-8-2009 by ashnomadonte]



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 

money tree challenge
why yes, yes I do
but for real we are veering way off topic and I know you started the thread but I fear the mods they scare me in many ways


[edit on 26-8-2009 by ashnomadonte]


I am so LOLn! Thats too funny, yes I know the mods are scary!!!...so well...I guess we'll have to wait and see how much our beloved beverages will be increased..I suppose picketing the white house is out of the question..



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


Perhaps not maybe the president will invite us in for free beer I suppose Ill need to say your discriminating agenst me thoe in some manner that seams the only way in.



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 


I don't drink much (I get sick long before I ever even get a buzz going), so this won't affect me, but I am sorry to hear about it for everyone that it does affect. With the state that America is in lately, you would think that it would be common sense to lower the price a bit to encourage sales. Raising the price just ensures that more people won't be buying. If they can't afford to buy as much as they could previously, raising the price won't solve that. The comment you posted was right on with that.

Even though the taxes went up on your cigarettes, at least you still have the choice to smoke them if you can afford them. My cloves got lumped in with the flavored cigarettes that got outlawed and are illegal as of Sept. 1st. Examin er article I loved the comment the author made at the end of her article:

*Los Angeles Health and Beauty Examiner Sarah Torribio smokes clove cigarettes once in a blue moon, though she knows they are bad for her. Apparently, her bad habit will be kicked for her in a week or so.
My bad habit is being kicked for me, too.

I'm so frustrated that stuff like this keeps happening. The cigs got taxed like mad and some, like my Djarum Menthols, are now flat out illegal, next beer prices being raised, and the thread on here about the idea of junk foods being taxed gaining popularity...just grrrr. For the love of all things chocolate, I can decide for myself if something is bad enough that I need to avoid it. I'm getting darn tired of that decision being taken away and made for me.

I know that in this case it is just the company raising the beer prices, but I hate sitting and wondering what's next.

Take care,
Cindi

ETA: Grrr...can't figure out why the name of the article is being split like that, it isn't in the posting box.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by Glencairn]



posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch
 

money tree challenge
why yes, yes I do
but for real we are veering way off topic and I know you started the thread but I fear the mods they scare me in many ways


[edit on 26-8-2009 by ashnomadonte]


That's the most expensive get rich quick scheme ever.. lol, $444 for the "toolkit" .. I LOL'd hard on that one.


ANYWAYS

Who cares about Brazilian Budweiser going up? It's piss water in a can. Support your micro brews people! Or at the very least tasty REAL beers, not piss in a can!

I pay $11 for a six pack of Guinness. And I drink a LOT of Guinness! People shouldn't be drinking Bud anyways, they are American SELLOUTS



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join