It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She Lived...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Nice thread and well done!!!

I think a nice name would be "Gift". You are a gift into her life and the way you speak about her , she is a gift to you.

I hope you enjoy each other for a long time!!

Ps. Nice pics!!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by freeyourmind1111

Sorry I hadnt read your post!!!

opps!!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So,

I'm now wondering if all the people who think this is such a fabulous story (as I do)...

... are going to do their bit and stop eating meat.

Poor, defenseless animals murdered in a white-washed building for the priviledge of filling your bellies.

Well...?

Go on, do as the OP says and start fixing the Earth bit by bit...

DO YOUR BIT AND STOP BEING PART OF SLAUGHTER.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

And yet you chop up poor defenseless plants to eat them Im doing mypart to battle greeenhouse gasses by eating methane producing animals. Yet you eat Oxygen producing plants that enable us to sustain life How bassakwards is that?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here are the answers to page 4s comments - Thanks everyone, I'm working on pg 5 now
And big thanks to BadBertha and Stardust13 for sharing the name Kismet which now belongs to puppy

DonnieDarko
I'm trying... You know I'd never forget you.

celticdragon23
How much of this world is destiny I couldn't even guess but in this case you're right I believe it was meant to be.

jackieps1975
Thanks so much for sharing. You said ->
"Nothing eats away at my heart more than the senseless suffering of our beautiful animals."
I feel your pain, it's hard for me to see them suffering and do nothing to help them.
Many blessings to you and yours mi compadre.

MarshMallow_Snake
Better odds than in Vegas lol and bigger payout in the end too!

cenpuppie
Thanks for the kudos and thank you for being one of us. They need all the help they can get.

Freezer
One of the other people that live here on the ranch went looking for the momma dog last week and had no luck.

Night Star
Aw how sweet
She just needed a little love. Thank you for giving to her.

White2098
Thanks

TommyG
You said ->"Its amazing how it is so much easier to rescue a puppy from the clutches of death than it would be a street kid. I just think we have a lot more growing to do."

True that rescuing a puppy is easier but that doesn't mean street kids are any less important. For five years I shared my home with many drug addicted teenaged girls, several of them finished high school or got a GED while living in my home. All of them would have done the same I did for this puppy. I gave the girls a little and for that they will give the world a lot more.

We can change the world...

Turtledub
Kudos to you for giving a rescue dog a good home!!!

zarp3333
That's so awesome! Good karma's always welcome around here

simmm
A lot of hope and a tough little girl that wasn't giving up. Thanks.

mckyle
Thank you so much! My heart is where it's always been but my head has gotten a lot tougher through the years.

On the level
My best friend in college had a Scotsman for a Dad and he had a dog named Lucky now that I think about it, that had been hit by a car poor thing. When you're right, you're right lol.

ugmold
Thanks

FlyersFan
Thanks - She's full of energy too.

undo
A lot of people believe that dogs can communicate with each other via telepathy. I'm one of them.
My dogs communicate with me without words all of the time.

jane_of_CA
You said -> "I feel hopeless about our race."
I feel the same way much of the time. Then I get the feeling that it's going to be ok and that together we can change the world and for the earths sake we're going to do it. We're starting out slow but it's going to snow ball once we really try. Blessings to you and yours.

sdp333
Thanks so much for caring and sharing. I love Phoenix for a name!

havanaja
Thank you

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Sundancer]

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Stay on topic folks. This thread is the last place for *any* kind of argument.

Kudos to you, Sundancer. I can't articulate how altogether *good* you are for doing this for the puppy. My mother took in a chihuahua that had been badly abused her whole life last year. It's an older dog, about 12 I think. Her final years will be an absolute contrast to what she's used to. She's pampered and spoiled. Very sweet little thing but she will never let you pick her up. She'll let you pet her, but she squeals if you put two hands on her.

If I was in charge of naming yours I'd call her 'Vivian'.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

I agree it is such a heart warming story. Such a cute puppy with those big 'o ears!! Really is a miracle he is alive.
(I have become a vegetarian in the past year, because of all the horrible stuff I have learned that is happening to animals, thanx to having a computer now.)
Also, my son rescued a new born baby raccoon, so tiny he would fit in my hand and I could close my fingers over him. AND HE LIVED TOO, being fed special baby formula with a medicine dropper. By the time he was 2 mos. old, he would nearly tear the house down playing. 3 mos. old, he was outside playing with the cats and chasing the chickens!!! 4mos, he stayed outside and would leave for a day and come back. 5 mos. stayed away a week at a time and finally never came back. We lived in the country then, so it was easy for us to get him used to the wild. His name was simply Coonie. This was just one of a menagerie of animals he would rescue and bring home.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yay!!

I would call her Hope.

You're a generous soul, Sundancer. Thank you for sharing your story and the pics of your youngest.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot to post a name for her. What about Lulu, which means precious, or pearl. It's a pretty name and an easy sound for a little puppy like her.
A really beautiful story, it made my day.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

Originally posted by Sundancer
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4b4033b973a.jpg[/atsimg]

Wow!

There's something in that look.. I can see it. Stunned awe and gratitude.. and a deep well of something else I can't put my finger on. Yes, in a dogs eyes, you can see it. The eyes are the lamp of the soul, even for a dog why not.

Yes there is definently something in her eyes. What a wonderful soul. I thank the OP a million times over for saving this wonderful pup. You will be repaid 10 fold.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Great story Sundancer, it's good to know people like you still exist!

My little brother rescued a kitten a few months ago. He was leaving work and noticed a box in the middle of the street. He opened it up and found a tiny, frail black kitten inside. If we would of found the person who did that...anyways...

One of his ears were half lopped off so he named him Samson.

Your pup, she's obviously a tough little girl after enduring so much so how about a tough name like Chainsaw? j/k

I like Karma or Roo, gotta love those big ears and big eyes!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I just loved your story!

My fiance and I took in a stray cat about a year ago. It started by just putting food out for all the strays in the neighborhood. We had one kitten that would come on our porch and scratch at our door until we would feed her. At the time my fiance said he would never have another cat agian, but we all fell in love with her. We named her kitty lol. orginal I know. We have 6 regular strays that stay outside that we feed daily and more show up every now and then. It is so refreshing to hear that other people out there still care. And I am so sorry about the loss of you daughter. The hardest thing is to lose a child.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Its wonderful people such as yourself that makes me think all hope is not completly lost for the future.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

And your post was gross. The dog was eating vomit and bugs?!

Although it may be gross to humans, it's simply nature. It's normal for puppies to eat vomit (some even do it as adults) it's how their mother weans them. Same way birds are fed when to young to eat on their own, etc.

I would have just kept driving and never looked back.
Actually, I might have swerved to put her out of her misery.

It is truely a shame that you have so little compassion, may the universe have more empathy for you than you would have had for this puppy.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hi there

have you seen the movie 'Fluke'?

Quite interesting movie... and seems relevent.

Very sorry to read of your loss. Perhaps the puppy was found by you by chance or the will of spirit?

How do you feel now having the puppy?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I named my last dog vivor for "survivor". When we found him he was starved to the point where almost every bone could easily be seen. He also had a collar around his neck that had been put on so long ago that it had dug about 1/2 an inch into his flesh and we had to take him to a vet just to get it removed. After that we had to feed him special food and put ointment on his neck for a month or so.
Anyways, good luck with the puppy.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reject
That was sweet but I can't see her throwing down shots of tequila and dancing on tables lol.

Nineteen
You said -> "The recompence for suffering is the development of empathy and the growing of ones soul. This is true knowledge, not the rubbish which is officially taught in institutions of so-called learning. This is the wisdom we take into the next life."

That enlightening and something to think about. Thanks.

Victoria 1
Thanks so much for the kudos. It makes me feel good to know that someday, some place in NC there will be one less animal suffering because of you
The name was Kismet...

THX-1138
You said -> "And your post was gross. The dog was eating vomit and bugs?!
I would have just kept driving and never looked back.
Actually, I might have swerved to put her out of her misery."

She ate vomit and bugs because that's all she had

Iamonlyhuman
Thanks for sharing a name. Hope was added several times. Great minds think alike

xXUnseenXx
I never knew Ash meant happiness. Thanks for sharing.

freeyourmind1111
Shai is a beautiful name! Love your signature. I will not forget...

TXTriker
Please keep us updated I hope the poor baby makes it. I sent some healing and comfort thoughts his way.

celticdragon23
You said -> "In 2002 my niece and nephew were killed. They were like my own. It seems like after you lose a child all life becomes precious. Every living creature unable to take care of itself becomes your child."

I'm so sorry for your loss. What you said is absolutely beautiful and so true. Thank you for sharing!
Every life is SO precious.

undo
Once when I was a kid we named a kitten we found on the side of the road freeway. Sometimes it just works.

boaby_phet
You said -> "a bit like calling an abandoned baby doorstep or dumpster"\
I'm ROTF! Thanks for the giggle.

badBERTHA
First I'd like to oficially thank you and Stardust 13 for picking the name for the puppy, she's already coming to her new name.

Second I'd like to thank you for the laugh every time I see your avatar

Draves
There are a lot of people out there that would do the same for a person. What we need is many more people who would do the same for both human and animal and earth. Then we'll be getting somewhere nice

Irish Matador
Love the avatar! Thanks for the comment. She surely is a gift in my eyes.

Stanton Dowd
I'm glad there are people like you out there that will speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.
Thank you.

Teratoma
You said -> "Her final years will be an absolute contrast to what she's used to."
That's so wonderful! You may not be able to pick her up with your hands but you did with your heart
and that's what really counts anyway. Blessings to you and yours!!

moonwize
What a wonderful child your son is to be a willing steward of the earth in caring for those who can't care for themselves. Especially wildlife, it's a lot of work to keep them alive.That is how change takes place. Thank you both.

KSPigpen
Thanks for the kudos. If you were here I'd give you pie

LooseLipsSinkShips
Awww thanks...

lucentenigma
How can you be joking about a name like Chainsaw?! I rolled laughing. I can't wait for someone I know to jump on that name for a little tiny ankle biter dog. How Cute!!!

4thefight
I know what you mean about others who care. We're out here in numbers standing right beside you in spirit - just read this thread. It really makes me feel good. Kudos to you for all the kitties

trig_grl
Thanks so much. The future's not lost at least not yet. Hang in there

chise61
You said -> "It is truely a shame that you have so little compassion, may the universe have more empathy for you than you would have had for this puppy."

Thanks for getting that one with such grace and class. That was beautiful, really beautiful. All I could was shake my head.

Thurisaz
I haven't seen Fluke but I'll look it up.
You said -> "How do you feel now having the puppy?" Really - really tired lol. Puppy doesn't need near the sleep that the rest of us do
Thanks for asking.

The X
You're next mi amigo.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The X

I have a Jack russell terrier and feel a bond with him that is very strong, Im sure he would like me to say thank you on behalf of the canine fellowship for such care and real interest you have shown this little needing soul.

Awww Please let him know he's very welcome by giving him a big ol kiss on the snout

I know what you mean about the small seemingly insignificant actions that make the world a better place, i catch moths in the house before the cat gets them and turns them into playthings that causes a no doubt miserable and painful last few moments for them. I have even picked up earth worms from a pathway and put them back onto the grass lest they get trampled by unthinking less thoughtful souls going about their day. One of the worst feelings is that caused by the sound of a snail shell crunching under your foot on a dark pathway at night, do you know what i mean?.

I so know what you mean. I don't like to see anything in pain. Science has proven that even a plant feels pain, so why should you not care about a moth if you don't "have" to see them in pain. I think that's noble.

I hope i dont offend you by asking this question but did you become more caring after the accident that took your daughter or have you always offered the same level of care and love for needy souls?.

I've always tried to help where I've seen pain, but I do think since she's gone I've expanded my ideas on how much I could help and how often. My little girl loved animals and so at the point I may have given up before, now I'll stay in the fight that much longer - for her, if you know what I mean.

I was not a good person when i was younger but after a lot of soul searching brought on by a combination of growing up and being homeless for about four years on and off now i can say i truly really care what happens to everything and everyone.

What a beautiful thing to be able to say. You learned a lot from a very rough time in your life, it wasn't wasted on self pity and hate.

Not being able to make a difference to many things because they are way out of reach is my biggest regret with life, i hope that the little things we do sometimes get seen by others for what they are and in turn inspire others to do a little something where its needed when they can.

Every life, every breath is important. Everyone animal and human alike feels pain both physical and emotional and every life is connected to ours somehow, like a ripple in the water. Don't regret not being able to make a difference on a grand scale because every day a person with a soul like yours causes the ripple that makes the wave. You just can't see it because it happens so far away.

And then maybe some will go the extra step just like you did and turn around and go out of your way to do something that meant a whole lot to a sentient feeling little soul when it really needed it. That's REALLY beautiful.
With Love.
Lee

Thank you for your post Lee. It was truly inspirational.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

That's so sad. I saw where that happened to a dog on animal planet. It made me sick that no one would have removed it before it got to that point.

Thank you for being the one to finally show this poor creature the love and compassion that every living thing on this earth was meant to have and know.

Blessings to you and yours.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Kismet, eh? I like. Glad the pup has a name now. Kudos for your efforts, SD.

On a related note(I put this in my original post but deleted it due to idiocy), I was able to "rescue" a pigeon the other day - from my own damned cat. I kept the cat indoors for two years but moved and can't keep her in anymore. Little heathen she is. I woke up and found the bird in the bathroom and took it outside. Poor thing was bleeding a little bit but eventually got out of here.

I dig my cat but wish she would lay off the birds. I've found a half dozen or so dead ones in the last two or three months. Not to mention the freakin dead moths all over the place. Dozens of toys laying around and she has to kill the birds and moths. She's not too terribly bright.

Good luck with the pup!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join