It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She Lived...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
How about Serendipity? Becuase we are all destined to be with someone and she was obviously destined to be with you.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Oh wow, that really got me. In tears over here! What an amazing gift that she lived! Nothing eats away at my heart more than the senseless suffering of our beautiful animals.

My blessings to you OP! In this life so full of tragedy, many people do not realize how much love and hope can be forged in a human/canine relationship. Yep, I sound fruity...... but I have a special relationship with dogs so

As far as names go, if you are still raffling, I'd like to nominate 'Promise'.

Best of luck to you and your furries! xo

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

I say Chance...because you took one and save her! Chance seems to fit for me.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sundancer as a dog lover, that's what's up!

IF only more people showed the same compassion and caring you did, the world would be a better place.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I am glad you liked it, good luck! She looks like a little Niburu. I am not sure what a little niburu actually looks like but after seeing the dog it is fitting. Reminds me of little nemo but Little Nemo was a couragious fish. Little Niburu might be a couragous dog.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Great story, and a truly compassionate thing you did. I wonder if you could find the mother dog and reunite them.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I love stories like these! I have been rescuing animals my whole life. My white persian cat was found near a dumpster, she had fleas and a bad ear infection. At first she was like a wild couger, growling and hissing and terrified of everyone and everything. Being deaf didn't help, but I soon learned how to communicate with her and in time she became the most angelic and loving kitty ever.

You will have many yaers of happiness and love with this little angel.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Night Star]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
for some reason the first name to pop in my head was Molly, I don't know why lol.

Amazing story and very well written, that was a nice pick-me-up

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I would name him Lucky.

I'd like to point out a couple of things here though.... not to blow the wind from your sails... what about all the living things that you killed by saving that pup? The other organisms and animals that could have potentially befitted from its death?

I think it is great that you saved the puppy, and I am sure the puppy is grateful. Perhaps one of the millions of children living the same way could benefit from your ability to rescue as well?

Its amazing how it is so much easier to rescue a puppy from the clutches of death than it would be a street kid.

I just think we have a lot more growing to do

just thoughts.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
if no one has posted this yet, (i havent read all the way through the thread!) how about Gizmo for her name, as with those ears she really looks like a mogwai from the film gremlins!!!

great story, my little beagle is a rescue dog too, he cant stand being away from me for even a few mins

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the positive thread. I read recently that Karma has speed up. The reaction to such a good deed will be soon.

She looks just like a "Winney" to me. She had been an utter loser and now she's a winner.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hope.....because that's what we all have....and she clung on to...

[edit on 26-8-2009 by simmm]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

What a lovely story Sundancer.

I knew I chose wisely when I added you as a friend
A gentle and kind heart means more to me than anything else

As for a name.......

How about: Zoë, from the Greek, meaning "life"

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The name Lucky springs to mind

Nah seriously being from Scotland we always call the runts of the litter or dogs that have been rescued or have been in an accident Lucky, is part of the sense of humor. plus has a double meaning that the doggy seems very lucky to have you in its life, well done saving her life and I hope you get many happy years with her.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Nice of you to do such a kind thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
LOVE THOSE EARS!

What a cute little puppy dog. Congratulations on the adoption.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
hubby and i were talking about animals one day, while observing our dogs. we concluded they must be an alien life form brought to earth. they communicate with each other silently (or beyond human hearing anyway). we watched our collie and terrier carry on a silent conversation with each other, it was amazing really. the collie was in the house and the terrier on the back porch. the terrier wanted the collie to come outside and play, you could tell cause he was staring at her and she was staring back and it went on for a like a couple minutes.

your pup also reminds me a bit of ET in the film by the same name, especially the scene where they find him in the ditch, and he's sick and they rescue him.

A song came out for the film about ET, sang by Neil Diamond, called HEARTLIGHT.

so, how about you call her Heartlight?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story. When I hear about all the animal cruelty that we human's perpetrate (such as troops in Iraq using dogs for target practice), I feel hopeless about our race.

If we can't learn to be responsible, mature stewards of nature and all the living, breathing creatures under our dominion then maybe we deserve to be extinct.

Hopefully, those people who do try to make a difference and who do the right thing make up in some way, spiritually, for those who are the worst offenders. I hope you are right that now is the time when more people will turn to helping rather than harming.

I love our two dogs and hope we will have the opportunity soon to rescue another in need and add to our household. Thank you for the inspiration you've provided.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
First, my condolences regarding your daughter. That paragraph made the tears turn on.

How about Phoenix for a name? Meaning reborn.....

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
World needs to hear more stories lke this. This makes for a bright shining day. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join