Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

She Lived...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hi Sundancer. It sure was a wonderful thing you did for the little gal and I am sure it has set you back a pretty penny so far with the Veterinarian and not to be a spoiled sport or the Grinch that stole Christmas or anything but I would recommend taking the little dog to at least one more Veterinarian and having her checked out top to bottom.

It’s been my experience in rescuing animals in similar situations where the biological mother deliberately abandons them to die it is because of a sixth sense notion that the animal has that compels them to do that.

It’s not by accident or neglect any mother even in the animal kingdom abandons a pup or a kitten, the do so knowing that the infant has a mortal problem.

Sixth sense animal diagnosis might seem primitive compared to what human animal husbandry can diagnose and accomplish, but in some cases our science has to be specifically looking at something to detect it by the type of test utilized to determine it.

The little puppy’s problems might (hopefully not) extend beyond the obvious, and might even have something to do with why she was so targeted by parasites. My own experience in rescuing kittens and dogs abandoned by their mothers is that the rest of the litters were perfectly healthy.

I would be looking specifically for cancer or a malformed intestinal tract or other problems with the digestive system. You might want to ask your Veterinarian what all they tested for and what other possible ailments could mimic some of the ailments that the parasites do, especially if the dog continues to have trouble gaining weight or begins developing with odd physical characteristics.

Sometimes rescuing a small helpless animal from a lonely death of pain and agony, just ends up increasing the pain and agony and its length, and sadly an animal who’s only known pain and suffering is not always the best at displaying that it is in pain and suffering.

Hopefully the Veterinarian covered all the bases, but it’s better safe than sorry. You might want to get a second opinion or follow up with the first Veterinarian that treated her that all possible avenues were explored.

Good luck, I hope all ends well.

[edit on 26/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This story touch my heart.

There is a word in Italian.

Cuore, means to be kind hearted or means heart

Pronounced Koo-ore-day

Caramella, means sweet

Pronounced Kara-mella

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I can't see 'Spirit' being mentioned.

She may have been broken physically, but her spirit lives on.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by Brainbow

Was there any kind of supernatural feel to the kitty? I wonder sundancer, what is it that You feel exactly? I can see contribution to Mother Nature, as in She asking You for help, but do You think the little puppy would somehow critically impact Your future?

How about squirt?

Not to start crap on here that does not need to be, but, it wasn't a kitty. It's a dog. I just had to point out the obvious.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It's absolutely amazing to know that there are still people out there like you, Sundancer. You know, 9 of every 10 people would have kept driving, not given it another thought and moved right on with life.

This is a beam of sunshine through all the negativity we go through on a daily basis. I wish there were more people who would do things like this and share their stories, because that's really uplifting. You saved a life and that's something to be uber-proud of.

I almost think there should be a category for stories like this. Just genuine acts of kindness that we can share with each other to keep our spirits up in times of turmoil.

I applaud you and hope you and your new friend share some amazing times in the future!

As for a name? How bout Clover? (four leaf clover, good luck, get it? :roll

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
How about...

Delilah

I always thought that was a decent name.

Or...There's always Lazzy?

Short for Lazarus. She rose from the dead. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
what a great post , you have a kind soul ,
i had a similer experiance with my kitty altho she was not in the same obvious danger as your pup. thankyou for relaying your story

altho im not religious in any way..the name "Shema" popped into my head as i looked at her pics.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What a great story! Pilot and Doodly-Doo salute you! The creature to your left is actually only nick-named doodly doo, her name is Sweetie and she was rescued from a similar fate as your little one. The photo was taken at the shelter after she had been shaved to the bone ...she was found by a garbage collector wandering around in Queens, filthy and matted. Now she thinks she's royalty. I don't mind a bit.

Her name was easy...this one...hm.
How about Genie?
No rhyme or reason, I just think it's cute.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
To the OP...You and people of your type of character keep the rest of us from burning in our own selfish materialistic needs. Bless you and Raul and may you both find peace and happiness. I agree with you about the Micro- and Macro- of our existences. I like to refer to it as the Holofractalgraphic nature of creation but whatever it is, you proved to me it's alive and well in the hearts of those who choose to accept it with an open mind. Wow, you just SO RAWK!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Well done on you!

I'm a dog lover and cruelty to animals is the only thing that gets me truly angry.

I'm very glad you stopped and took the time and effort and don't envy teh gut-wrenching anguish it mush have been to see the puppy like that.

S&F

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Excellent
Just a shame we don't know what happened to the mother.

Anyway, aslong as you dont feed her after midnight or get her wet...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

That brought a few tears to my eyes.
GOOD FOR YOU!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think Tuffy - because she is and appears to have a tuft of white hair. Also she appears to be chihuaha (sp?) so maybe Tequila.

I had a similar situation with a cat we found. The owners had cut his claws back and when he got away he couldn't catch anything to eat. His condition dictated his name "Bones" now aka Bone Daddy. 2 of my 5 dogs are rescue but none in that bad of condition.

On the name, we generally just watch our critters and by their actions they will name themselves.

We just found homes for 3 that were dumped at our local hangout. The worst was a hunting dog - probably at least 3-4 years old and weighing about 15 pounds. His name is now Ribs.

PS - I also understand about your daughter. We lost our oldest son in a car wreck 7 years ago.

May God bless you.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Awwww loved the story! Name Kismet came to mind. It fits... the two of you were destined to be together.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I hope you are right. We need to wake up from the hedonistic dream we've been in for 90+ years and repair the damages we have done.

What a special and lovely baby! For some reason Esperanta comes to mind as a name. Naturally, it means hope. "Espy"

What a wonderful person you are. Every stray cat in the neighborhood is drawn to my house. They know I'll take care of them I guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What a wonderful story..This little one has been blessed.
How about the name ANGELICA..........because she is an angel.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Strange, because I also thought "Precious."

I think it fits.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone suggested this name but how about Nissa? We named our little dog this because it fit her perfectly.

Here's some info on Nissa:

The girl's name Nissa \n(is)-sa\ is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "to test". Also possibly (Scandinavian) "elf", or "brownie".

The boy's name Nissan \n(is)-san\ is pronounced nee-SAN. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "miracle", "Sign" or "the test". Name of the first month in the Jewish year, when Passover occurs. Pronunciation emphasis is different from that of the Japanese car company.

Nissan has 1 variant form: Nisan.

Hope this helps, great story.

DK

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
pugna, macto, litis, certo; all latin for fight, signifyinh how she fought to survive.

not to step on anyones toes (see page 1) but Abeo is latin for chance, and sounds more "name like"

or maybe vivo, latin for "to live"

I know, silly latin words, but hey, they fit. Great story by the way, glad the pup found (or nature chose... depending on how you see the story) a good home.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
How about 'Gaia' (or 'Gaea')for a name? It's the primeval mother in Greek Mythology... or Mother Earth. Might be a nice link tot the message you feel the pup brought you...
Thanks for your story and for saving her
Lots of life and love for both of you - and for everyone, actually.
Bless

[edit on 26/8/09 by Movhisattva]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join