It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She Lived...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
also like the names Angel or Destiny, whatever you decide please

let us all know! She sure is a sweet heart, and those "eyes"

simply adorable, take care.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
How about Hita it is a Native American name meaning lovable.

Or Grace

Or
NAIRA meaning big eyes.

Blessings to you.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by peaceonearth

I can see what You mean. S., You could call her "Little Big Ears", sounded like libby. Well, roo works good, too!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

The name Signet comes to mind. It is the name of a baby swan. Helen of Troy was called Signet. It is a name associated with strength and beauty, also it reminds me of a little coy thing with a tad of mischief.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Egyptia]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'm terrible with names. In fact, I had two cats that didn't have names for over 8 years. After using "Blackie" and "Brownie" on vet forms, we eventually began calling them by those names. How original, huh? lol

A name popped into my head when I read your post and saw the photo. ( Why couldn't a name have just popped into my head when I needed names for my cats? lol) Anyhow, how about Skewie. skyoo-ee short for rescue and spelled wrong too. lol

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Sundancer,

I wonder, You say Your other three are getting along fine with the puppy? How do You think their reaction is?

I mean is there anything like supernatural?

Something beyond the norm?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Thank you all so much for the kind comments and suggestions. It's so awesome to see so many people care about what happens to this sweet little girl. You're all a big ol bunch of softies

OmegaPoint
Princess would be a fine name for her.

.happygolucky
Sundancer lol. I'm honored.

Brainbow
I think she'd rather we pass on ticky but Sarah is pretty.

Little Niburu - I LOVE IT!

sanchoearlyjones
I think she'd rather we pass on squirt also.
I think that we're all connected some how and I think by saving her it will impact every ones future even if in the most minute way.

Clickfoot
Hopefully a name will magically appear on this thread. She needs a name.

Yummy Freelunch
I'm sure there were no more puppies, at least none that were alive. I would have picked them all up.
From the looks of this little girl the vet didn't think there would be any others alive.

tribewilder
She's been called precious more than once by all of us so far

JaxonRoberts
We started a name hat. Chance, Lucky and Little Niburu are the names in the hat so far tonight

Exuberant1
Aw Thanks! Lucky is in the name hat.

Egyptia
That was sweet, thank you.

truth/seeker
Looks like Chance is popular and getting thrown in the hat again.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I don't know - I might name her Grace or Hope. Or even Angel, though that might be a bit too sugary. Still, considering her miraculous story, something of that nature would be a fine name.

Or maybe Teshuva? That's a Biblical Hebrew word, and it has a couple of meanings. The word means "return", but it also has the connotation of "turning back" - which is what you did when you turned your car around and retrieved the dog. It was your turning back that saved her.

Anyway, I don't think it matters much what you call her. She's got her second chance at life now, thanks to you.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

AWWW she's adorable !!!! Those ears are almost as big as she is, she's so cute, and her eyes are beautiful. She reminds me of a baby deer. How about Fawn ?

My granddaughter (8) says she looks like a deer also, she says you should name her Bambi.

It seems as though you were destined to be the one to save her, so how about Destiny ?

Bless you for saving her, may you have many happy years together.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
All the best to you for the goodness you brought her. Saving her is one thing. Adopting her is really great. It's hard to say how long it may have taken for someone to adopt her. Animals bring out the best in people who have good hearts and compassion.

Names: Elsa, Butters, (Mira)cle, Akasha ?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Your heart is in the right place, how wonderful! You should name her Zuwayla, because she's a fighter. Pronounced Zoo-way-la... it's a very earthy name.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Rizaun
Your Dad sounds like the kind of man that would steal away my heart

Leben is going in the hat. What does it mean?

Epsillion70
I love Omega! It's going in the hat as well.

TheLoony
Chance and Lucky went into the hat again, we also dropped in Faith and even though it wasn't meant to be a name we dropped in Little Bit because we thought that was cute too.

peaceonearth
Lol, Roo had to go into the hat!

amazed
NAIRA is going into the hat along with Grace twice. We can't use Hita because it's to close to one of the cats names "fajita" lol

sanchoearlyjones
Libby would cute and heads for the hat.

Egyptia
Signet is awesome! Heading for the hat.

virraszto
I know what you mean, when I was young we had a dog named dog because we were so picky about a name that he never got named. Skewie is cute and headed for the hat.

chiron613
I think Teshuva is prety and it's going in the hat

chise61
The story of Bambi is too sad, no more sadness for her but Fawn is beautiful and going into the hat along with Destiny again!

stevochivo
Thanks - it was a hard decision because we travel so often and we always take the dogs with us, but it just felt like the right thing to do. Mira goes into the hat because it means look in Spanish and she has such big eyes.

LunaStar
Zuwayla is pretty and going into the hat.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
So much love in those eyes. Here are a few names that came to mind.

Honey,
Half Pint (a good friend of mines nick-name)
Bliss,
Karma,
Tawny,
Misty,
Sprite,
Roxy,
Bright Eyes

[edit on 26-8-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Rizaun
Your Dad sounds like the kind of man that would steal away my heart

Leben is going in the hat. What does it mean?

It's german, means Life, at least that's what i've heard!

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Rizaun]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Bless you for going back for her. It's sad that pets have joined the "disposable" list in the world today, so many just throw them away like trash.

How about Blossom, you're certainly going to enjoy watching her bloom

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheaWolf
It's sad that pets have joined the "disposable" list in the world today, so many just throw them away like trash.

Some high rank police officers in here have fun torturing animals, but nothing has been done against them because they're the "law", thus why i hate police.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Name her Chance. You have given her another one.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sundancer - I love your story!

I have a similar story - so your's really touched home.

We had a Weimeraner - The Gray Ghost - they look a little lika a Lab but Gray/tan in color with amber or blue eyes.

Ruger was a Royal Pain but we loved him to death! He would climb onto kitchen counters and the dining table. He would open doors. He had Terrible Separation Anxioty (oops sp?).

He developed seizures from a brain tumor and we had to put him 'to sleep' for his own safty.

I Swore I would Never have another Weimeraner again!
I Swore it would be ages before I would have another dog again!
(We have had dogs most of our 43 years of marriage) and it is just SO heartbreaking when we loose them!

Not quite a year after Ruger (our Weimeraner) was gone we got a call from a "doggy day care" owner that wanted us to "just take a look at"
a female one year old Weimeraner.

She had been left at the day care center and was nothing but bones. Starved almost to death. She had been beaten so she would cower if you got close to her with a broom or mop or if you raised your hand quickly.

Yeah - it was the "just take her home for the week-end" ploy

I told my hubby - no - I just don't want another Weimeraner! I just Can't go through this all over again......yeah he brought her home.

Of course she is Still here! Of Course we love her beyond measure!

We have fattened her up. She is one of the Most Loving dogs we have ever had - gentle and sweet, calm and loving.

And she has become 'my' dog. She likes to be where I am (we think some of that is that I am female and she was probably beaten by a male). But we have Bonded more than I wanted - And I wouldn't give her up for all the tea in China!

Yes I DO believe it is FATE that brings people and animals into our lives. And remember - Never Say Never!

Side note - Sundancer - we also lost a child to a car accident. Our youngest son - so I understand your pain and feel your heartbreak.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You made me cry. Thank you so much for sharing this story with us.

Why don't you name her Mercy?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I thank you for sharing this touching story. Somedays it's hard to keep compassion in sight I'm glad to know people like you are still around.

I think you might call her "Love". God bless you for your loving spirit.

I'm glad she made it, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join