It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She Lived...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
She Lived,

A couple of weeks ago I was driving through the countryside with my friend Raul. We came into a small village where I noticed a Momma dog on the sidewalk licking her baby that wasn't moving. I mentioned it to Raul, and we kept driving but it kept eating at me. Finally, I convinced him to turn around.

We went back, and the Momma dog was gone, but the baby was still there. It lay in the middle of the sidewalk. I got out of the car hurriedly, I was afraid the puppy was dead, but then a little ear popped up. From appearing dead, the puppy got up, and ran for cover; not finding any, it cowered in a corner waiting for what it must have thought would be the final blow from an uncaring soul sending it in the next realm.

No, I scooped her up in my shawl. Raul drove me an hour, and a half to my veterinarian. The little puppy had never been in a vehicle before, and was continually throwing up. It had only ever known pain, and hunger; as it's whole body was covered in contagious mange, ticks, and ants feasting on her flesh. Yes, my Heart almost broke as she lay shaking in my hands.

We finally arrived at the vets; they took over from there. She vomited again, and began licking it up; to my horror her food consisted of the very parasites/ticks which had been feasting on her. The Vet squished one, and it popped full of her blood.

We left, and later the vet called to let us know how she was. He told us that had the puppy been left on the side walk she would have been dead in less than a couple hours; but now she has a fifty fifty chance.

She had to stay at the vets clinic for 2 weeks. She was in critical condition for over 5 days. They had to give her mange baths; which consist of an extreme burning sensation; followed by the contaminated skin falling off. Extreme agony, or torture don't come close to an adequate description of the pain the poor little thing went through.

I brought her home the other day, and she fit right in with my three huge babies; all weighing in over 100lbs each. She'll never grow to size do to mal nutrition, and all she's been through. The vet said she may get up to around 20lbs. maximum.

Why am I telling You this?

I am almost in a state of shock, and awe; as to why Nature picked me to save this little doggy; literal hours before death. See, there's more to this story. I've had quite the run in with death through my life.

My husband, and I lost our little girl in a car wreck almost 10 years ago. After that neither one of us fully recovered, and my husband finally had to pay the angel his tokens for crossing 6 years ago. My life really fell into a tail spin, and I've associated with nature more than people now.

My heads spinning a little bit watching how this puppy fits in with my other babies now. A little puppy, now around 9 weeks old is full of life, and energy with a new home, and a real life full of joy, food, and love. All that from what must have been a living hell, and from the clutches of death. Why?

I am a big believer in Microcosms, and Macrocosms; as above, so below. Having that said I think the Earth is healing itself now, and as we move closer to 2012 many more people will be tested in the way I have been; with loss, and with life. I am confident in my heart that in saving a little puppy with as miniscule as that may seem, I have taken one small step, but an important one toward helping Mother Nature, and Earth heal. I think I was chosen as are many others RIGHT NOW on the Microcosmic level to help the healing of Earth. After there are enough of us who have been blessed with opportunities on a small scale, it will grow to the Macrocosmic level.

Besides knowing that with everything I help I'm helping heal the Earth, I gaze in wonderment at this pup, and how many ways through Mother Nature, she'll give to me.

I still don't have a name for her, nothing seemed fitting. Any suggestions?
I'm trying to upload a photo of her now.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/765118d3301c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Sundancer]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26 Aug 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
A name..

How about..

Joy

or

Princess

What a wonderful story, and now you get to see her little face every day!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

How about Sundancer...for several obvious reasons?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thats a nice story, its good to know people can still afford compassion and tenderness after suffering tremendous personal loss.

Um... my cousin found a kitten abandoned in some building before. She had been living under the water heater or furnace or something, and in anycase all her whiskers and a lot of her fur had been singed off, and she couldnt breathe properly, she just kept making noise whenever she took a breath. . . so they named her Wheezy.
But maybe Ticky isnt the best name for your puppy.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

How about Little Niburu?

It all comes down to love in the end!
Thanks for sharing your story.

"It is only when you have lost everything that you are free to do anything."-Fight Club

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainbow

Was there any kind of supernatural feel to the kitty? I wonder sundancer, what is it that You feel exactly? I can see contribution to Mother Nature, as in She asking You for help, but do You think the little puppy would somehow critically impact Your future?

How about squirt?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What a great thread

Please do post the photo, maybe a name will magically appear.

[ edit after photo appears ] She's a cutie
For some reason the name 'Jackie' popped into my head.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wonderful story, and blessings to you for saving the pup! I just wonder about the poor momma dog, too!! Wonder if she has more pups

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

haha no. . . shes just your average ornery grey cat; they should have named her Scratchy, lol.

ps I think you should name her Sarah.

Or is it still weird to name pets people names? Im not sure how that rule goes yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Looked at the photo and thought "precious"..

Glad there are people in the world like you..makes it more tolerable..

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4b4033b973a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
What a great story, and what a cute pup! As for name suggestions, the names Chance or Lucky come to mind...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Good work! You do us proud!

I say you call her 'Lucky' - 'cuz that's what she is.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

In a world filled with so much pain and suffering, this story is truly wonderful.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
How about "chance" she has been given a second chance in life thanks

to you compassion and enduring spirit. GREAT THREAD!! S&F.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
S+F Great story, and nice job! you gave a future to the lil' pup, who knows how many people passed by and ignored it or would have done it, i bow to you
it reminds me to my father when he brought a puppy some years ago.

We already had 2 dogs and a cat but, when he was coming back home from his work, he saw the pup under a delivery truck that had recently parked, the pup was thin to the bones, had a broken paw, dirty and was exhausted, and he decided to sleep next to the truck's wheel. where he felt it was warm, but those delivery trucks come and go and since it was dark, my father thought the pup won't live much longer because the drivers won't notice a black puppy next to the wheel in the night, so he decided to bring him home, we gave the pup to the security guard and had a happy life

Anyway, enough of my hijacking, you can name her hmm...Leben!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Yeah that was one great post about survival. I believe you were destined to take care of this little Doggy. I had a a Cat that unfortunately didn't have the best of experiences and the chance to live life 2 the full after being mauled 2 death by 2 Dogs.
Though at the end of the day I had a good cry and then next day went to the Animal Shelter and got 2 little Kittens and looked after them as my own again.

You should name your Doggy
"Omega" Because life never really ends just Transforms

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Crap, I just deleted my post.

Anyway, long story made short now, the name I had was Faith, from the character in the Buffy/Angel series who was rescued, a little bit.

Faith, Chance, Lucky, all good ones, but what do I know, I named my girl cat (Wini)Fred. Another character from the Angel series.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I would call her "Roo" because her cute big ears remind me of a kangaroo.
Well done for saving her

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4b4033b973a.jpg[/atsimg]

Wow!

There's something in that look.. I can see it. Stunned awe and gratitude.. and a deep well of something else I can't put my finger on. Yes, in a dogs eyes, you can see it. The eyes are the lamp of the soul, even for a dog why not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join