It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The elitest agenda is taught in college classrooms. Watch out!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Alright. I've been in college for about one year. Before that I've been taking a few classes right at my senior year of high-school. I want to warn people that in college they teach the elite agenda. They always make it sound good. It's like what you would think about when you think of the book 1984. You know how many people lie in the world... saying something is better than it really is? That's what is done in college. In several political science classes they teach you how the two party system works, and, they act as if nothing is wrong with the two party system. They don't tell you how the electoral college almost makes it impossible for a 3rd party to be elected. In political science classes they tell you all the elites views on regulating the economy, on regulating your private life, and they don't really go in to telling you about the other stuff.

In sociology classes rather than just explaining why something is how it is... they'll just tell you thinks without telling you to be critical of certain things... they'll even teach you about the elitest view of depopulation in sociology. I think I've witnessed a lot of elitest stuff in my college classes already. In my political ideology class- a large amount of the time was centered on communism (which I think is important to know about), but, these people were believing it. They were saying bad things about capitalism. They only covered capitalism a little bit. It's just that in my experience I've witnessed the elitest agenda being taught in my college classes that I've taken up to this point... plus I've even taken a management class- it was one of my first classes, and I remember learning about the elite corporatist view of why corporations go to cheaper labor to start up their company. In my intro to communications text-book- the text-book writers I swear they think you're stupid. These text-books writers will put in a lot of propaganda in everything you read. It's not just their own opinion. My intro to sociology text-book had a pro-marxist view.

I just want to warn the students that are just about to start college that not all is what it seems to be. Whatever you thought about college, if you thought it was just going to be liberally biased, just forget about that. College is biased with elitests. That's the kind of people who go there.

I just had a lot to get off my chest. I hope that you take my warnings. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It's been like that for a while, even in tech schools. Back in the early 90's they decided that us techs had to take class on social sciences (only non technical class in the full program) and the lady who taught it kept talking about the "white male oppressor", and "femine guidance of the UN"

It was bad then I doubt it's changed since then.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
although sometimes there are exceptions.

Once i had this professor in this one class who taught all of us an invaluable lesson.

He came to the class and started yelling at all the students (note that we were all 18 and up) and told all of us to turn in an assignment that was not due until next week. then he gave us a quiz. No one said a word, not even I. Before the class was over, he wanted to lower our grades. no one said anything, probably because we did not want to go against this figure of authority that was right in front of us. but you know what he did afterwards? he told us to question him, to never allow others to get power trips. He told us to question authority, to never listen blindly like sheep. he told us to question everything and everyone. Probably the wisest thing a professor of mine has ever said.

In this political class, i remember that my professor would go over the standard left and right political ideologies, but then he started to tell us how third parties had no chance of winning and why. He usually started giving us the standard media information, and then he would give us this point of view in which there could be a shadow government, or ask the class questions on how the system could be changed, etc.

However, most professors will follow the media as if it was always fact, which it's sad. One needs to be lucky to find a professor who is at least somewhat skeptical on what they hear from the mass media.

In addition, university does not always allow expression of ideas. In a biology class I remember being ridiculed by the professor for not believing in AlGore's version of global warming.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
One of the reasons it is important to abandon the electoral college and go to the direct vote. Interesting that there was much talk of this before the 2000 elections and almost none by the time 2004 rolled around.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The gentlemen who wrote the Constitution were much smarter than you and I. For example, in order to vote you had to be a landowner. Why? Did it ever occur to us that if the vote was given to everyone, that the poor would take control and vote themselves benefits unending? George Washington advised this would happen.

Why didn't they let women vote? Any ideas?

Why did they use an Electoral College? Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I agree with the lack of thinking involved in college. Subjects are presented as their are only (2) points of view. Those that agree, and those that don't. A Thesis is basically reinforcing everyone elses ideas by combining all their work into your own work. We have built the biggest education fraud here in America where the dumb are smart, and the smart are crazy.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Women were basically chattel and inheritance rights were basically patrilineal. We've come a long way, but still have much further to go.

The electoral college was designed to prevent the uneducated from having a say in elections. Obviously this was before a public school system was fully in place.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I say this again:

United Nations Agenda 21

Yes, it is real, and it is, as you say in the OP, going on RIGHT NOW !!

It has been ongoing for many years, Wake Up !
It is called DUMBING DOWN of an GENERATION of kids and students.
New World Order requires New Worl People, why do you think the are killing us, they want 500 million NWO citizens in their little NWO-ville.

Ya'll better start acting out on this, or it will be too late.
The battle is taking plase NOW without any of us, and the few that know this, is getting rediculed..

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by newworld
although sometimes there are exceptions.

Once i had this professor in this one class who taught all of us an invaluable lesson.
He told us to question authority, to never listen blindly like sheep. he told us to question everything and everyone. Probably the wisest thing a professor of mine has ever said.

A good teacher doesn't always just give over the subject matter to be learned. They teach how to find answers on your own. How to think and analyze information. How to draw conclusions using rational logic where appropriate etc.
I'm using a broad generalization of course but the skills acquired should be skills in learning. Not memorizing.

new topics

top topics

join