It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual holes/openings/entrances found in Antartica

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
China and Iran are weaponizing Antarctica?

Australian academics have pointed to dangers that Antarctic bases are for the first time being militarised, despite the continent officially being called a land of peace and science.

Satellite systems at polar bases could be used to control offensive weapons, according to a report by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute and little could be done to prevent it due to the loose nature of the Antarctic Treaty rules.

The report highlights a Chinese base inland in the Australian Antarctic Territory for its satellite intelligence gathering potential and also flags Iran's recent interest in establishing a polar presence.

Abuses of the treaty's strict controls on any use of military personnel are said to have already occurred with many countries not reporting their use in Antarctica, while Australia is neglecting to use defence assets there.

Read more: www.smh.com.au... html#ixzz2iLIfcCGy

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Even now in 2014, Google has not updated the image

See in Google here

Rather than send some expedition, why not get a Kickstarter project going to capture a Digital Globe image of the area as it is today?
My recent thread for crowd sourced DG satellite images

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

qmantoo
Even now in 2014, Google has not updated the image

See in Google here

Rather than send some expedition, why not get a Kickstarter project going to capture a Digital Globe image of the area as it is today?
My recent thread for crowd sourced DG satellite images

The funny thing about that pic also, is that based on the scale that Google Maps puts on it, it's between 50-ft and 200-ft wide - depending on much of it you think is actually some kind of opening. Based on that, not sure why anyone would think its anything more a conventional cave or volcanic crater or anything way more conventional than and entrance to an "Inner Earth" or anything obtuse like that.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I wonder if sonar could be used to map the interior designs of these holes.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I know this thread is quite old, but I wanted to offer up my most recent thoughts on that matter anyway. The only image that I find remotely mysterious is that with the so-called "lid." Of course the other opening must be considered, due to the fact that both structures are gaping holes. Obviously the reason this image seems so strange is the fact that the smooth surface, coloration, and the lip of the edge "lid" appears unnatural. IF there is/was volcanic activity on Antarctica, which is not out of the realm of possibility in my opinion, perhaps the "lid" is the result of an old lava flow that has cooled and solidified. I have not seen anyone propose this explanation before, but it would be hard to imagine that no one has thought of it. This is the only natural explanation that makes any sense to me to be honest. I thought of ice too, which is another possibility, but is unlikely in my opinion. It is not water, which would have to be frozen and thus turn to ice.

It is unlikely to be a natural rock outcropping, again unless the rock is of a volcanic nature or originated below the ground and subsequently rose to the surface, which would have to occur considering that it matches no other surface rocks that we know of. I have never seen ice take on this color or shape either, given that apparent angle of the rock face it originates from. It is hard to imagine ice forming in this way, because remember that this is not flat on the ground. Viewing the image that depicts the hole from a distance this fact can be seen. Perhaps runoff could have frozen in such a way, but I doubt it considerably. This still does not explain the raised edge, color, or shape. It is hard to judge the exact angles of all the associated rocks and ice, but it still seems unlikely to be ice. So again I propose solidified lave, which would be precisely this color, and would also be smooth. The more exposed lava at the surface could have cooled and solidified faster than what was below the surface, and perhaps the rest of it fell back in the hole, while the surface lava had enough of a hold to stay put.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tauristercus

I've just been on google earth and i was looking around antarctica because there was rumour of an opening there too. Other images of openings to 'hollow earth' were covered as you know because government secrets... however when i was looking around antarctica, there was an interesting quickly-fading unloaded hole in the centre of the land. Zooming in while it was fading, it had more and more 'rings' of outline. I didn't manage to get a full print-scrn because of the fading but here's what i got:
gyazo.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This appeared this morning on Yahoo: Antarctic ‘UFO’ Spotted on Google Maps

s11.postimg.org...
To me, at least, it's quite clearly a hole in the snow. There's no shadow from the supposed disk-shaped UFO.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This was discussed on a TV program this evening and I thought I'd do an ATS search. Very cool! I'll have to go through the entire thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Which program?
Thanks!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but Phage is right...
Still it is interesting where this tube is leading to.
edit on 21-9-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join