It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual holes/openings/entrances found in Antartica

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

The Bunger Hill Area is used as a fuel resupply area by the CASA. As per my other posts, there is a permanent summer base there.

2 points I need to clarify ....

1st - the 2 anomolous entrances / holes are NOT located anywhere WITHIN the Bunger Hills region but approx 40 kms SOUTH of the Bunger Hills ... so no reason that any "tourists" in the Bunger Hills area should come across them ... unless they feel like a 40 km hike across a frozen wilderness.

2nd - You state that there is a PERMANENT summer base located within the Bunger Hills themselves. Now, Google Earth allows resolution of Bunger Hills all the way down to approx 400m which would make any base easily locatable ... and I have examined the entire Bunger Hills region and did NOT see any settlement or bases there.
Could you please supply coordinates of this base and I'll go take another look.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Guys and gals,
For reference, here are some pictures of collapsed or low level entrances into lava tubes... straight from google earth.
(Just a small part of the many that I have explored)

1. Kuna Cave

43 24' 43.72" N
116 26' 44.12" W

2. Higby Cave

43 17' 44.12" N
116 07' 56.94" W

3. Eureka Cave

43 07' 21.59" N
115 34' 27.73" W

I will say that I disagree with the idea put forth that the op's images are lava tubes.
For one, the size of the entrance collapse zone is too large. Secondly, from what I have seen by the pictures given... there is no noticeable volcanic flow nearby to trace it to.

The fact of them all being in line is something worthy of note here, as it could imply being related to the same system (since they are in a localized area) but it is pretty simple to draw a line between 3 points and deduce a straight line:

Take this for instance:

The same three caves mentioned above, only shown in a higher viewing altitude.

Now, that lid or hatch structure defies any natural rock formation or anything I have encountered near a cave, ever. It does not resemble the surrounding terrain at all,
That is the most puzzling aspect of this, to me... is what that thing is. It looks metal, and not natural at all. I'm gonna say that is one hell of an anomaly, and a great find sir!

[nevermind the edit]

T-

[edit on 09/8/27 by telemetry]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

The fact of them all being in line is something worthy of note here, as it could imply being related to the same system (since they are in a localized area) but it is pretty simple to draw a line between 3 points and deduce a straight line.

Let me clarify this "being in a line" observation that I made in my original post.

The main entrance / opening was extremely obvious and stood out significantly as being something unusual and anomolous at that location. At this point I assumed it was all there was to see but out of curiousity, I decided to take a look around the immediate vicinity ... at which point I very quickly located that second opening/entrance with the "lid overhang" at which point I became extremely interested !

At this point, I thought, if there are two such unusual strctures, could there be more ? So I looked around some more but unfortunately, couldn't find any other remarkable openings/entrances.

However, I did find 2 other unusual items which TO ME looked like possibly something artificial but covered in a layer of snow/ice. Naturally, these 2 items could be something as normal as unusually shaped ice or snow banks so I didn't really make much of a big deal about them except to mark their position on the GE map.

It was only when I zoomed out a bit that it became obvious that the 2 openings/entrances AND the 2 items all lined up in an almost perfect straight line. Now, 2 points or even 3 points in a line could be pure coincidence BUT 4 points representing 4 unusual items and all lining up perfectly ??? I just don't know ... seems like to much of a coincidence to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

2nd - You state that there is a PERMANENT summer base located within the Bunger Hills themselves. Now, Google Earth allows resolution of Bunger Hills all the way down to approx 400m which would make any base easily locatable ... and I have examined the entire Bunger Hills region and did NOT see any settlement or bases there.
Could you please supply coordinates of this base and I'll go take another look.

You are working on the theory that since 06/07 summer season that they haven't been moved to another location or the Australians have closed it down since then. Also they had no access to vehicles, Helicopters etc.

Location supplied by Australian Antarctic Division

Name: EDGEWORTH DAVID BASE (Bunger Hills)
Coordinates: 66°15'S, 100°36'E
Date established: 1986
Operating period: Summer 2006/07
Date last examined: 2006/07
Purpose: A summer base.
Accommodation facilities, including food, fuel, etc: The base consists of two Apple huts and two Melon huts and can accommodate 6-8 people.
Medical facilities: Nil

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Well, the fact of them being in a line like I said... is something worth noting, mainly due to scale of the area. (something I should have been more specific on in my post)

Now, in the last picture that I posted... you are looking at a roughly 48 mile span between the 3 points. From the GE image of the 'lid' to the second hole NNE is roughly 4.6 or 4.8 miles. On a large 40 miles scale it isn't much to be in line, but for several holes to intersect within just a few miles is a little bizzarro to me.
And it is odd, that is why I pointed that out: I wasn't trying to nitpick it... just throwing it out there.

As far as the opening itself goes, the eureka cave entrance is approximately 12 by 7 meters... it's a big freaking hole in the ground. The biggest around here that is.

So large, that a car was at one time resting in the bottom of it. Yep, you could drive right in... literally. It is much much smaller than the opening you have pointed out.

Here is a better picture of the size of Eureka cave entrance:
(although the picture is not mine)
Here
What those holes are, I don't know... but I got a pretty good idea I know that they aren't... and that is lava tube entrances. I've seen many.

That is my .02 as a spelunker of many years.

Regards,
T-

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

You are working on the theory that since 06/07 summer season that they haven't been moved to another location or the Australians have closed it down since then. Also they had no access to vehicles, Helicopters etc.

Thanks for the coords

As of 23 Feb, 2006 (according to GE), the 4 huts were still there and visible.

Now 2 questions to ask:

Are they aware of the 2 opening/entrance anomalies located 40 kms south of their base ?

What's the purpose for the bases existance ?
I tried a quick Google and found virtually NO info except that it's an emergency medical station during the summer period.
Will investigate further.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

star and flag for you. very nice

i think since the flags you have and the starts you should see about doing a research project on artica and bring your findings there.

once again very very very nice find

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by texasoutlaw

... you should see about doing a research project on artica and bring your findings there.

Thanks for the vote of confidence !

I have actually been thinking of doing something along those lines as my interest in what's going on in Antarctica has definitely increased somewhat since finding those weird openings/entrances.

Anyway ... we'll see what develops ....

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
there are many things to consider from that part of the region. that is a good year plus project. there are many theories like what you have found, government projects, the hallow earth. many things that you could put into your research if you fallow through with it. if you would like help hit me up. kina bussy at the moment but will throw what i can your direction. keep up the good work.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Great find tauristercus, S&F

I have been looking at Antarctica for a long time and never saw this feature. It is one of the worst mapped parts of the globe because of the slant angle that the satellites have to adopt to map it.

Anyway, I have been analyzing that opening and have produced this:

With a bit of image magic, the black opening shows some features inside.
The pole like object to the right is interesting as well as the other objects.

Keep up the good work

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Well as mentioned earlier, I'm down with "The Hollow Earth Theory" as well.
www.v-j-enterprises.com...
In case anyone on here doesn't know what that is. Even if it turns out it's a natural formation... doesn't mean it isn't being used for something. My Grandfather used to show me maps when I was little and he would often show me Antarctica and he would say very quietly, "You know, I think Atlantis might be somewhere out there underneath all that rock and ice." Maybe.
Hey if you all chip in and buy me a ticket... I'll go find out for all of us.
Anyone else wanna go with? It definitely beats hangin around here lookin for work!
I'm am serious though about going... just get me there!
You only live once, right? I'm a Gooney.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Numb2itall]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
That looks very intreasting.The roof reminds me of one of thoses roofs shaped like a dome which closes in a circular motion.Its a bit like blast door with a very think metal door.It looks like a underground hanger.I could not see a aircraft coming out of that hole but maybe a alien spacecraft.If thats a alien base entrence then someone at google earth imaging has made a shocking mistake not to discuse that area.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Interesting esp since I just watched GI Joe and they were in underground/underwater bases in the Arctic...Go figure. I swear that movie had a lot of stuff in it that I have read on here! S&F! I wonder what is there.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
And to go with the images of the openings/entrances that I started this thread with .... here's yet another Antarctican image that's screaming out for an explanation.

Can anyone come up with any idea how a rocky section of the mountain (A) can possibly come to be sitting on top of some strange flat shaped grey material (B) that is obviously composed of a completely different material from the rocks sitting on top of it

As far as I can tell, the rocky material above the flat grey material has NOT broken away from the main mountain and is still attached to it.
So how did the grey material come to be underneath and supporting the rocky material ?

Google Earth coordinates:
66 31' 37.58"S
93 00' 02.75"E

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d99508d8c68d.jpg[/atsimg]

Ok, I've just spent quite a bit of time re-examining this anomaly and have reached a conclusion that I'm kind of hesitant to make as it means I'm going to go out on a limb and I just know I'm going to get hit with "flack" from all sides

What I think we may be seeing is the top of a structure or building that's constructed somehow BENEATH the rocky outcrop. Take a look and you can plainly see that there is a solid, well defined wall with many visible sides. Measurements with GE give approx 5 metres to the height of this multi sided wall.
Now look at the centre section of the multi sided wall and you'll be able to make out a rectangular protruberance attached about half way up the wall.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/217c4378e70b.jpg[/atsimg]

Any geologists out there willing to take a stab at a more "conventional" explanation for this weird anomaly ?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

Hey you might need a partner and if so count me in!

How great would it be to go and check these things out while recording it on film (well I would go digital but you know what I mean).

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Congrats, you have found the secret entrance to Cobra HQ. I will forward these photos to GI Joe ASAP.

They are interesting though.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
GREAT FIND!!!

I was thinking about something!
Perhaps the reason why we can see this is because the global warming! And perhaps there might be MANY more secrets that will reveal itself under the ice, maybe that the earth is hollow.... We could have another civilization under there for all that we know...

And wouldnt this explain why some people want to fight the global warming - no matter the cost of human life!? (if the ice melts - everyone will know the truth).

Sorry if its little off topic - just wanted to share my thoughts and I cant post my own thread yet.. havent reached 25 posts yet..

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Have you noticed there have been no more cattle mutilated?
We kick them out.

This is not correct. There are still plenty of cattle mutilations going on.

RC

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to dig up this stuff and post it well, and respond to questions and comments throughout the thread.

I don't really have an opinion about any of the images as I'm not expert or even experienced enough with these things to have a good base for evaluating it.

If these are natural, the current state of antarctica in that region would suggest that they are quite old. They don't look that old however, any higher temp somewhere inside could cause surface-area melting to aid that impression, so just for the sake of rambling let's say they are natural and very old -- yet, new enough geologically to be 'on top of' whatever else is layers deep in that region.

What I find an intriguing idea -- no evidence, just imagination -- is that anybody who wanted to 'do' anything in that region would be well served to find pre-existing very deep natural caves, tubes, vents, et al. in the region that could be used for shelter or access to larger open areas farther down. And some governments, openly or privately, appear to have had an interest in that region for quite some time.

So what I'm saying is that even if it is natural not manmade, it is still a helluva cool thing, doubly intriguing for the line-up, and might possibly have something interesting within, even from quite mundane-yet-secretive (or now-defunct) sources. So I would find it a fascinating research, regardless of the 'creation of the interestingly shaped and interestingly aligned visual seeming-holes'.

Best,
RC

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Where are the cattle mutilations taking place?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join