It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual holes/openings/entrances found in Antartica

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TooRisky

This is no more than a vent or cave that has been filled with ice and snow in the past...and as happened many times in the past the climate gets a little warmer and exposes the hole...

I like that !!!! you must be a professional geologist to have come up with that SIMPLE and CONCLUSIVE explanation sooooooo quickly and easily !!!
Yup .... just a big hole in the ground.
Hmmmm ... but just how big ? only 90 metres wide and 30 metres high ... I'd say something a lot more than just a vent or cave.

But good try, anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Great find
They do look interesting. Here is an area that I just stumbled upon whilst looking at your images. It is nice to look at. It has many sculptures under the ice and snow. Although they are aged and broken apart in areas, they are still recognisable. Find this place and zoom in from all directions and see for yourself. You may like what you see.

Thanks for the post
Here are the coords - 66"37'43.67"S 99"43'25.02E

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6874eb34ace.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
If these are "entrances" then there should be tracks available.....Unless...of course...they are "flying" in the entrances....hint hint

Good spot OP.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Exoviewer

You're absolutely right, Exoviewer ... a very interesting lake.
I had seen it earlier but completely ignored it ... good spotting !

I assume that you're referring to what looks suspiciously like a rectangular area at the bottom of the lake as I've highlighted in this image ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/274598fc037b.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm finding it extremely interesting that all these strange anomalies are all to be found in a very small area and close to each other ... is this significant, I wonder ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e418e1bb51b4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overload
If these are "entrances" then there should be tracks available.....Unless...of course...they are "flying" in the entrances....hint hint

Good spot OP.

The main opening/entrance shown has a width of approx 90 metres ... and just as a comparison, the Airbus A380 has a wingspan of 80 metres and so it would be able to fly through that opening/entrance with room to spare !

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Looks like a whole lot of nothing.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Count me in for the expedition. Now, all we need is someone with a big wallet. Starwarp2000 are you in Antarctica? Grranny, great find on weird pipe like structure on pic 2. Tauristercus, great find on the wall. I believe it is a wall because I find it hard to believe its an ice crack or crevasse going over different topography. Especially when it goes down the mountain side, then over the water and back up the mountain side. If you look carefully you will see step downs in the wall to allow for the topography. When you build a fence down a hill you have to make adjustments in the fence for the hill. You will see a step down adjustment in the fence. Just like you can see it in the Wall when it goes down the mountain side to cross the water. Then you see it again when the wall goes back up the mountain side after crossing the water. Amaros, are you saying someone hacked into Google Earth? I have heard this clam before, that someone working with the satellite images are making these anomalies. Why? As a joke? Wouldn't they get in trouble? Fired from their job? Your theory is very far fetched. The best way to settle this and it is to actually go there and check it out. If that is not an option, then the second option would be to find a satellite company or aircraft company willing to fly over and take pics. I prefer the lets go check it out method.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
are you all blind it's obviously the new and improved tracey island and the aircraft looking pic is thunderbird 1

seriuosly though they are unusual lookin holes. the world is full of strange phenomon i found some lines a while back in the bearent sea

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Thanks for these interesting photos. After investigating these locations myself on Google Earth I surmise that these are a geological formation and not contrivances by intelligent beings.

A close up of second opening show a heat variance on the ice just to right side of the cave opening. And those paths are yes, paths but for ice melt run-off marks over great lengths of time.

A closer look on the surrounding areas, reveals no "man-made" marks or presence of habitat usage leading up to or within a 500yds of any opening. Although the "cap" just above the opening does give the impression of a "dome" closing cover. Only God knows how old these fissures are, yet they are intriguing.

My personal guess is that it is "the secret lab for manufacturing the famous confections called "Klondike Bars".
Trust me On this because I'm a Salesman.
Great photos. Keep up these good investigations!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrustMeImaSalesman

A closer look on the surrounding areas, reveals no "man-made" marks or presence of habitat usage leading up to or within a 500yds of any opening.

Talking "hypothetically" now ... isn't that what you'd expect of a man-made structure designed to blend in with it's surroundings ? All evidence of construction and use would be removed ...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have to agree, IMO this is not Nature's work, especially the inexplicably placed (if naturally formed) & almost identicle 2nd opening, where a laziness is apparent in the obvious (adobe) "photoshopping".

If they are 30m high by 90m wide each, and in a perfect line with each other, and the other anomolous areas further back, then it would suggest a "VERY" deep underground base. I'm no expert in engineering (yet lol), but classically it resembles some kind of oversized 2-stage dual ramped deep-mining entrance and lift system.

Remember, the size of the entrances to any building are always just slightly bigger than the size of the biggest thing one could possibly need to put inside. In this case, that's something very big indeed.

The people that know what is going to happen to "Our" planet very soon, the people who are secretly in control of the most powerful governments and organisations in the world, know that it is something so BIG that they can only run and hide from it themselves.

My opinion, is that the NWO and all the recent alien phenomena is a front, to buy them time before the event.

Is the current global financial meltdown the result of secretly having to pay for all of the unimaginably expensive provisions they must be making?

What did they learn in the last few years that has them spooked so much?

I know I really know nothing of what things they must have been up to over the recent-ish years, but whatever they found under Solomon's Temple, in Iraq, in Tibet, under the Giza Plateau, on the Moon and especially Mars.

Mars is a strange case as it is now clear with its ice-caps, identicle pyramidial complex to our own, buildings, roads, women crying on their knees "mid-burn", un-natural formations and craters and shorelines; WAS A PLANET WITH AN ATMOSPHERE AND PEOPLE at some point in the past!

This along with some of the other things I can now concede as conclusive, force me to the decision that what is coming is no less than a full ELE.

Maybe they figure if it is earth-crustal displacement, Antartical may be shifted back to where it was, outside the Arctic Circle and into a more temperate climate, and they can just open the hatch and start over. Ha sound familiar (Noah)...

Another interesting point to note, the top people and companies in the world own the film industries, and this is like something right out of all the recent movies for a reason, because they are to de-sensitise us to our own ELE, and to reduce panic if something does get out, but more so that real leaks are disregarded and not taken seriously enough for anyone to "TAKE ACTION".

I don't even think they care as much about stuff getting out now, as it is actually getting out. The ONLY reason for this is that it's too impending to matter anymore.

This is very scary.

I don't want to sound alarmist, but I am very alarmed.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Has anyone verified this on google earth???????????????????????

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by explore
Has anyone verified this on google earth???????????????????????

Are you referring to the images that I've posted ?

Yes, all originated from Google Earth and all coordinates have been posted as well so that you can confirm the images for yourself.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/953ee59ff9b0.jpg[/atsimg]
The mysterious Antarctican Mole Men are rumored to live in those holes.

Just kidding, pretty interesting stuff OP.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Thanx for your reply
Yes I am refering to that and more.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4fe4ffff4258.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bce399fb9b24.jpg[/atsimg]

Ive traced only a small few to point out what your looking at. If you get back on to google earth and scan around again with this in mind, its a whole new world.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I don`t know if this has been posted before, but you could try to compare the images found on Google Earth to LIMA ( Landsat Image Mosaic of Antartica )

lima.nasa.gov...

Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Thanx for the suggestion. I've just taken a look but it seems just as grainy when I zoom in to the same extent using their web based program. and takes for ever to refresh, unlike G-Earth, but thats most likely my sh*ty wireless connection.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Wow.. just found this

"UN chief Ban Ki-moon visited Wednesday a vault carved into the Arctic permafrost, filled with samples of the world’s most important seeds in case food crops are wiped out by a catastrophe."

and here's the rest of the article... link:

www.breitbart.com...

I edit to add... I believe there are underground bases there too!

[edit on 3-9-2009 by tracehd1]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I am trying really hard to see what many here seem to be seeing in those photos. I'm not seeing it. I see nothing that looks artificial or regular or uniform in any way. They look to me like natural formations. I also find it odd that I can't seem to find anything even close to those images on google maps. It makes me wonder if these images are fakes.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Exoviewer

yeah... DONNIE DARKO IS CARVED INTO THE ANTARCTIC ICE ON A MASSIVE SCALE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but sometimes I think people need to fix the tear on their tinfoil hats sometimes...

I saw a cloud and it looked like Mickey Mouse... it must be aliens!

--And the story of the seed vault, if you read the article, that is on the other side of the world near the north pole. Nothing about Antarctica. It is pretty neat though, and they included some video on how it was built.
Either way, the Svalbard archipelago is a LOT more accessable than our southern continent is and ever will be in our lifetime.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join