It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual holes/openings/entrances found in Antartica

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LosTNForGotteNWayS

"Bell Shaped?" I heard the Nazi's had a 'bell' device. Very mysterious, but No one knew what the purpose of the 'device' was for. (some speculate time travel) You have any info on this!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I saw these pictures on a video on youtube as well, the voice in the video claimed that these were entrances in the inner earth or hollow earth. These pictures are alot better quality though.

Nice find

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Gee, why didnt you post the Comments section????

Comments

It's great to get higher resolution terrain. But, that just makes the mis-alignment with the imagery more apparent. Look at Half Dome in Yosemite to see how sad that magnificent rock looks when you tilt the view.

I just love these improvements in both imagery and terrain. Now I'd like to see some method for matching the two so that a river, for example, is at the bottom of a canyon instead of on the side wall. I'd like to see some way that the user community could get involved in this effort.

Posted by: Ernie at June 6, 2007 11:05 AM

Google Earth Blog

If you posted the Comments, we might have been able to get a corrct view on the subject

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarp2000

Originally posted by starwarp2000
reply to post by Phage

Interesting!!!

In order to incorporate your DEM terrain data with the imagery and vector data displayed in Google Earth you'll need to have the Enterprise version. To learn more check out:

Google Earth Enterprise Version

So Google Earth only uses Imagery and vector data

I posted the link. You did not.
You want I should repost the whole page? That's frowned upon here, as is posting unreferenced external quotes. You should be aware of that.

But the fact is, Google Earth uses DEMs and the mapping has improved somewhat since it was first introduced.

[edit on 8/28/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Blah,Blah,Blah.

You love dictating to others while you flaunt the rules

Maybe stick to the subject and we will have a smoother ride

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The primary source of imagery has a resolution of 15 meters and is from NASA's global Landsat program. For some areas, including most of the USA, many cities, and mountains including Mount Everest and most other Nepalese mountains over 8000m, there are higher resolution images.

Google Earth images can be tilted to give realistic three dimensional views. But these views require DEM data. Prior to 23 November 2006, the only sources of DEM data that they were using were USGS, GTOPO30 and SRTM. The USGS source is good but only covers US territory. The quality of GTOPO30 is variable and its resolution of 30 arc seconds is not adequate. The quality of SRTM is almost uniformly good and its 3 arc second resolution is adequate, but it mapped nothing north of 60°N or south of 56°S, and missed many areas of very high relief. This spoiled the 3D images of thousands of mountains, including Matterhorn and Everest. However, GE have now incorporated DEM data from alternative sources, and the majority of mountains are now much better.

VIRTUAL EARTH PRODUCTS

So we can see that the SRTM didnt map latitudes below 56°S, USGS only covers US, GTOPO30 has a resolution of 30 arc secs and is crap.

So has the new GE incorporated any new data?
Yes, but the SRTM is the only world wide (Partially) data that has been incorporated in GE. Other systems are fine for the largely populated countries, but not for other regions.

So, back on the subject, there is no possible way that any features, when tilted in Google Earth, in Antarctica, can show 'height' information.
Unless you can tell me of a 'secret' shuttle mission that mapped that region.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Ok, time to reveal some more unusual anomalies and structures that can be found littering Antarctica !

Take a look at this image ... it's cylindrical and has a highly reflective surface ... and obviously ARTIFICIAL. There is also the suggestion of a cable leading from it to an overhang behind it, though it may simply be a crack in the ice looking like a cable.
I've looked but there's nothing else anywhere in the vicinity ... it's just sitting there all by itself.

PHAGE ... guess you're going to come back with your usual simple explanation of it being nothing more than an unusually shaped chunk of ice reflecting sunlight !

GE coordinates:
66 45' 2.73"S
89 24' 25.60"E

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ed96dcd6cf5.jpg[/atsimg]

The next series of images show something VERY interesting, indeed !

According to GE, the date of the image was 15 Feb, 2006.
Now if we examine a list of ALL countries operating research stations in Antarctica, there are a total of 30 countries (as of October 2006), all signatory to the Antarctic Treaty, and operating seasonal (summer) and year-round research stations on the continent and in its surrounding oceans.
Each one of these stations also has a listed lat/long associated with it.

But the location of the station in the following images DOES NOT appear listed as being one of the signatory nations. This means that it's being (or was) operated by an unknown government and clandestinely i.e. in SECRET !

GE coordinates:
67 39' 30.30"S
46 09' 29.51"E

Now, I've examined a number of officially listed stations and they are usually a modest affair with just a small number of structures.
And yet, looking at THIS particular station, it's immediately apparent that it's a HUGE installation with buildings and items scattered all over.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4301207a5ced.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's a close up view of the main complex compreised of 5 main sections.
Look just north of it and take a look at this very unusual structure.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d3fb7ccddcd.jpg[/atsimg]

One can assume that based on it's shape, the obvious straight lines and right angles, that in all likelyhood it most likely is an artificial construct of unknown purpose.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2e88dd891d3.jpg[/atsimg]

This image shows (on the right), another large structure.
I'm unsure if the other structure (on the left) is artificial or natural in nature but there's definitely an unusually coloured (compared to the surrounding rocks) artifact to the left of the structure / opening.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d405acf371f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/988d65df5b22.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51e82973e9ea.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/845a39360dd2.jpg[/atsimg]

And in this last image, I'm fairly certain that lower structure is a tower (communications, perhaps) with a vertical dark rod (antenna ?)
Now take a GOOD look at the upper structure ... bear in mind that this is just MY interpretation alone ... but doesn't that look disturbingly JUST LIKE a cannon turret ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf0615067c80.jpg[/atsimg]

PHAGE: Yes, I know ... nothing to see here except melt water, rocks and lava tubes !
Sorry, couldn't resist having a dig

But if you CAN identify this station, please do so !

[edit on 29-8-2009 by tauristercus]

[edit on 29-8-2009 by tauristercus]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarp2000

So, back on the subject, there is no possible way that any features, when tilted in Google Earth, in Antarctica, can show 'height' information.

Really?
Mount Erebus, Antarctica:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bc2ee93719d.png[/atsimg]

Originally posted by Phage

Google Earth does incorporate DEM (digital elevation model) data in it's "terrain" mode. But the resolution of the model does vary according to the available data. The data for this area shows only a steady slope upward the east, indicating that the data may not be very high resolution. In a way, my point in showing the "tilted" view was to demonstrate exactly what you are saying. (I misunderstood when you said I applied perspective). From an overhead image it is impossible to judge elevation without additional data. The dark area could be a hole or it could be a flat surface.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is elevation data for this area. But thanks for the detailed information.

[edit on 8/29/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Removed embedded images to save on thread length. They are already posted anyway.

Originally posted by tauristercus
GE coordinates:
66 45' 2.73"S
89 24' 25.60"E

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Circled area looks like ice or a crevasse, leading from the main blue part

Here's a close up view of the main complex compreised of 5 main sections.
Look just north of it and take a look at this very unusual structure.

One can assume that based on it's shape, the obvious straight lines and right angles, that in all likelyhood it most likely is an artificial construct of unknown purpose.

or discolored glacial ice or snow that picked up sediment from the nearby rocks. If you look around the rocks on the right side of the photo near the "base" structures, it has a similar discoloration. The angles could be formed by the rocks beneath.

This image shows (on the right), another large structure.
I'm unsure if the other structure (on the left) is artificial or natural in nature but there's definitely an unusually coloured (compared to the surrounding rocks) artifact to the left of the structure / opening.

The object on the left there is quite interesting looking, however the orientation of these photos is misleading. How it is oriented, it appears as if this was the side of a cliff-- especially due to direction the ice top right from the circled rock "opening". This could also be an optical illusion created from viewing straight above. Vertical definition tends to flatten and appear differently.

Now take a GOOD look at the upper structure ... bear in mind that this is just MY interpretation alone ... but doesn't that look disturbingly JUST LIKE a cannon turret ?

WAY too big to be any sort of cannon turret. Most likely a cylindrical shaped building, built that way to not be crushed by snow and ice if it is a permanent structure.

HOWEVER nice find on the base, I am going to go play around in GE a bit now.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by SlasherOfVeils]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

But if you CAN identify this station, please do so !

These are oil tanks of field base Gora Vechernyaya about 12km SSE of Molodezhnaya station.

bbs.keyhole.com...

Molodezhnaya station:
67°39'57.10"S
45°50'41.83"E

You might find this site interesting:
www.ecophotoexplorers.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for that !

But it certainly does appear to have a functionality more significant than simply storing fuel tanks as is mentioned here:

"Russia will hand over its Antarctic station “Gora Vechernyay” to Belarus."
Source: news.belta.by...

The question then needs to be asked WHY this particular Antarctic station (originally owned by Russia) does NOT appear listed amongst the Antarctic stations operated by the 30 signatories of the "Antarctic Treaty" ... of which Russia was one. This station was definitely in existance and functional PRIOR to and DURING 2006.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

The fuel tanks store fuel for use at the station. In Antarctic winter, engines are kept running 24/7. If they are shut down the oil in them freezes solid, destroying them.

It is a "field station", a meteorological station that is not occupied full time. There are probably others that are not listed. That does not make them secret.

Gora Vechernyaya

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It would appear that a "big deal" seems to have been made in the Russian press about a hand over of something as simple and mundane as a "so-called" fuel storage depot.
One wonders just why Belarus found that particular location so appealing. It's not as if Antarctica is running out of room to conduct research and they couldn't build their own facilities !
And as you've gone to such trouble pointing out that there's nothing of real significance at that location except fuel tanks, I have to ask myself why Russia found it advantageous to give up those "fuel tanks" and where they're storing their fuel now (as the Molodyozhnaya station is still operational) ... and why Belarus thought that location was ideal for whatever purposes or research they had planned to conduct.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

The article you linked is not from the Russian press, it is from Belarus. It is not the Russians making a "big deal" over it. It doesn't really seem the the Belorussians were making a "big deal" over it either. It just seems like a matter of fact news item.

It is not a fuel storage depot. It is a meteorological station. The fuel tanks supply the fuel for the station's generators.

Belarus is just as interested in doing research in Antarctica as any other country is. As explained in the article I linked, they have made use of it by setting up an automated weather station and testing other Belarus made climate instrumentation. Why build a new facility when they can buy or lease an existing one from Russia?

I did not say "there's nothing of real significance at that location except fuel tanks", you did. I did not say it was a fuel depot, you did.

Molodyozhnaya station is a manned station which has it's own fuel storage facilities. I don't know that Belarus thinks that Gora Vechernyaya is "ideal" but I do know that establishing a new base is much more difficult than acquiring access to an existing one.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Turret, erm, a kind of lazy susan, turntable for train engines, rail cars, that kind of stuff. Kind of hard to identify it after it has been bombed, burned, and salvaged.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

The term used was "cannon turret".

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

Yes, it looks vaguely familiar. Kind of like generator banks. Explosive ones, for very large amounts of power generation. Could be something else, but the setup sure looks that way.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Could be. Had to have a structure to protect it. But wouldn't that be begging to be targeted? Or another possibility, a converted train car turntable to function as a cannon turret. Most likely not a time machine at any rate. Or antigravity device. Man, the stories.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
does anyone know where you can get a detailed map of antarctica, showing the names of ridges, topography, etc. ?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by likeabull

Antarctica is a large continent so you won't find "a" detailed map, but there are a few here.
usarc.usgs.gov...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join