It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sparks and flashes of light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hi.
We have spirits in our house that occasionally get active. Sometimes when they do, very tiny sparks or flashes of light can be seen if it's a dark room. It's only lit for a micro fraction of a second and because of that it's usually seen in the peripheral vision but sometimes I'm lucky and it sparks right where I happen to be looking.

The flash happens so quickly it is difficult to tell if it is stationary or moving. I might see a flash in one area, then another a few feet away a couple seconds later at random but I can't tell if it's the same "Thing".

The light seems to be localized to what ever it is causing it. I mean to say the light doesn not illuminate anything around it, just itself. It makes no noise - they're completely silent.

They don't flash against a surface (They're not projectios on a wall) but in mid air.

Other people see the odd event as well and sometimes they are more noticable than other times. They happen in the height of other unexplainable events then disappear as the events end so I believe the two to be linked.

Have anybody experienced something like that?
Any ideas what it may be?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Never heard of that, it sounds like it would be neat to see in a picture, or in a real life! Are you scared when you see them? If you feel frightened by it, it could be a spirit trying to freak you out for whatever reason. If you don't feel perticularly scared by it, then it might just be a spirit trying to get your attention.

That is a way of looking at it as a ghost. If it is a different strange anomaly, I am of no further help

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I have experienced it many times, and still do. It can be called a 'soul spark'.

I haven't really come to a final conclusion to what it is, but from my own experience it is my self connecting with my higher self and my higher self is making itself present by integrating with my lower self.

here isa link that could help:

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hi Bananarama.

It's not scary, but one of those "Did I really see that" kind of moment.

Thanks jvm222.

We all have watched cloud to cloud lightning in the pitch dark of night. You can't see the cloud until the lightning illuminates it. You also can't see the actual lightning bolt, just the flashing cloud.

I've woken up twice in the past year amidst a lot of activity in the room. I would see a "cloud" about the size of a basketball flash. Looking I see nothing - no mist, no cloud or anything until it clearly and brightly flashes.

It doesn't make any noise, doesn't emit any light - just like the tiny sparks but much bigger.
I would notice and watch them for a while and eventually drift back to sleep. Once I woke up a few hours later and all the strange things including the clouds had gone.

There were two of these larger flashing things in both instances. They didn't move very much so I was able to stare right at the flash. It's not bright like a camera flash. Like looking at cloud lightning in the sky.

I had thought it was just a dream until my wife described seeing the same things on different nights.

I'm not going so far to say it's a ghost, but maybe some kind of energy discharge?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
My daughter also sees lights like this. We actually thought they were some type of firefly but they were not. They also are a greenish yellow in color rather than a bright yellow of fireflies. I also have seen these lights when she first started seeing them. She was in bed and I heard her and her sister screaming so of course I ran into the room ready to kill an intruder and she said "Mom there are bugs in the bed, they are glowing." I laughed at first not believeing her. We looked for bugs but found none. When we turned the light back off and they shook the cover to lie down, I saw it. It was like a firefly but not a firefly if that makes any sense. They are very fast flashes of small light. If you find any info I would love to know.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I figure that this will be debunked soon, but it may be ball lightning. Do youlive in an area with a lot of lightning? Also is there any pools or ponds or that kind of thing near where you live?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I also see these lights, I live in southern cali, middle of a normal city neighborhood. No ghostly activity occurs in my house. But when I'm in my room, with the lights off, i'll see, little sparks of light fraction of a second long out of my peripheral vision and, like the op described was exactly how i see them, not reflections off the wall, not on the wall, just suspended there between me and the door.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've experienced something similar. I got two flashes just above the floor near my bed. They were each present less than a second and the second ignited a bit later than the first one. They lit up the room a bit and there was a slight smell of burnt, but the good kind of burnt smell.

[edit on 2009-10-18 by bracke]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerlyConfused
Hi.
We have spirits in our house that occasionally get active. Sometimes when they do, very tiny sparks or flashes of light can be seen if it's a dark room. It's only lit for a micro fraction of a second and because of that it's usually seen in the peripheral vision but sometimes I'm lucky and it sparks right where I happen to be looking.

The flash happens so quickly it is difficult to tell if it is stationary or moving. I might see a flash in one area, then another a few feet away a couple seconds later at random but I can't tell if it's the same "Thing".

The light seems to be localized to what ever it is causing it. I mean to say the light doesn not illuminate anything around it, just itself. It makes no noise - they're completely silent.

They don't flash against a surface (They're not projectios on a wall) but in mid air.

Other people see the odd event as well and sometimes they are more noticable than other times. They happen in the height of other unexplainable events then disappear as the events end so I believe the two to be linked.

Have anybody experienced something like that?
Any ideas what it may be?

It's good to see people discussing this now.
I'm posting in the year 2010 when satellites and mobile phone technology, not to mention the internet, allow humankind to potentially communicate with anywhere else on Earth. Now, bearing that in mind - if we were to travel back to the year 1810 or even 1910 and explain about the things humankind would be doing in 100 or 200 years into their future they would probably have you condemned to an asylum for the insane.

Therefore we would probably not believe the things humankind will be able to do in 2110 or 2210.

These flashes of light are currently explained as previous comments here already mention.

But nobody has mentioned the likelihood that this is traffic. Microscopic traffic to us and, as the theory of relativity explains, moving a lot lot faster than traffic we have come to depend on in 2010.

I could go on but I'd like you to give me your opinions on what I've just told you.

Nobody has mentioned the fact that sometimes these vehicles crash and the explosion is almost inaudible to us which is down to our sheer size in comparison.

If you speed up video footage of a car crashing and exploding to the same rate it also sounds like an extremely high pitched spark.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Not to be Willie Wetblanket, since this is paranormal studies, but I had something similar. In certain parts of the living room, when it was dark, I could see a golden light blinking in midair off in my peripheral vision. It looked like a golden Christmas tree ball, if one were lit up by itself. It didn't illuminate anything else, and no one else could see it.

I had to be in just the right place, and have my head in just the right position.

I went to the eye doctor and found I had a retinal detachment waaay off on the periphery of my left eye. It had just gotten started. One tap of the laser, and it was gone.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I experience this nearly every day, at work, at home, out shopping. As my psychic abilities have increased the amount of spiritual energy that I'm able to see has also increased. I see these things with my eyes wide open and when they are shut as well so it sounds like what you're seeing is spiritual energy to me. I've seen flashes of light, orbs, sparkles (tiny sparks), "jello-ish" movement of energy in wavelike patterns, geometric patterns, mists, strand energy and had actual visions, etc. It's all energy. I've also found that if you can train yourself to not look right at it you will see it for longer also and if you can transfix (relax your eyes to the point of nearly seeing double allowing your third eye to take over) you will see it for longer still.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm wondering if with low humidity, there are a lot more static charges in the air. Today even though it was about 80 degrees outside, I felt a static electricity discharge coming off of my fingers. I seem to absorb the energy in the air and it builds up until suddenly, zaaap, I feel a static electricity discharge. I remember one time in a dorm room it was really bad for months. One day I could even hear the static electricity in the air making a slight buzzing sound. It was kind of fun one day when the humidity dropped below 10 percent. I sat on top of my bed and was able to zap the cinder block wall with each finger and then repeat. A couple of months before all this started, we were noticing lights in the room. I finally asked my roommate why he was turning his light on during the middle of the night. He said he thought it kept lightning. He shook his blanket and his small fluorescent light turned on. It was not plugged in. It did not have batteries. It stayed on for about 2 minutes. That is some serious electricity in the air.

I especially notice the electricity if storm clouds are passing overhead. Every once in a while when that happens, I can feel the electricity discharging between me and any metal object I touch or get near.

If there is something other than electricity, that might explain some occasional weird things I've seen. Sometimes I think I see something coming near me in my house. I'm certainly not afraid of any of this. I did have to ground myself with a screwdriver years ago to prevent lots of pain and damage to electronic devices when my roommate and I had a serious problem.

I'm not sure if this is related to the electricity or static discharges in the air but I thought I would mention it. I don't really like the thought that I could be absorbing more than just energy or static electricity in an area.

Some night time photos I took years ago have mysterious trails of light that go in odd patterns. The rest of the picture was not blurry so I wondered what that was. I saw these images in more than one picture.

I have not seen any stray lights in an area. That would be interesting. I have seen lightning streaking around the yard just a few feet off the ground (not vertically but horizontally).

I'm kind of speculating on this topic so I hope I'm not throwing anything off.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Ive seen this also before falling asleep at night. Ive often wondered what it was. It definitely makes me wake back up for a sec.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I don't have ghost in my house that I'm aware of, but i found this thread by googleing "I see random flashes of light in a dark room". I googled this because lately i been seeing flashes of light in my peripheral vision. I have no eye conditions nor health. I've read all these people's stories about these flashes of light, they all seem to relate to my story. I'm not much of a "ghost" believer, but wow the explanations people say are so similar to mines. The light doesn't spark off anything shiny. I can be in a dark room and randomly in mid air, i see a flash of light. Now that I've read all these stories, I've come to think...hey...this all started when they started to renovate my house. Never have I ever experienced something like this before up until last week. It's so strange, I'm not frightened by the lights, but it IS rather strange.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerlyConfused

I got that this morning - I was searching to see if anyone else did - exactly as you explained. I find that working very early in the morning just before the light has it's benefits. I am hoping this is just the beginning of much more for me.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well now, i have been waiting and searching for many years to find out if anyone could explain the "aurora borealis" that I have watch dance above my head. I have yet to find that answer ,but am happy I am not alone in the experience.

It does seem that mine still might be a little more unique in that..I have witnessed them in the presents of other people.
I still remember the first time I saw them. In a very dark room, I had just gone to bed, was wide awake listening to music when I saw colored lights appear in one of blackened corners of the room.It was quite amusing.. Slowly they danced along the walls toward me. I put my head under the covers to see if my eyes were playing ticks..Just blackness, but my pitch black room was alive and glowing brightly.. Still quite humourous I was thinking. Very entertaining , but can't be real.
The lights danced and swayed..swirled around just like northern lights, bright then faded, moving , alive.
This continued for a rather long time , until the lights converged just above my head. No more on the walls , or in the corners, just right above me. Now I was getting a little freaked out. They were too close , the house was too quiet.. I watch in lessening fascination, and growing fear..as I watched these lights become something I could recognize as a face , a face with eyes, and a mouth that seemed to be opening to say something... This was no night terror..nothing wrong with my muscles..I jumped out of bed threw open the door in search of someone to help ground me, tell me I was not crazy.
I woke up and Aunt who was visiting , and we sat up and talked for a few hours , until I figured I was to tired to stay awake long enough to see the lights again.. I never did , but I have seen them many times since. Once I even found a touch of bravery and stood up in bed to put my hands into the dancing coloured mist. I can say my fingers and hand tingled..in a not so electrical way.
I have several other stories a little more weird that I can write another time.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FormerlyConfused

If I was you, go see an eye doctor. It could be a serious condition known as retinal detachment. You would have a high risk of vision lost if you do nothing about it. In the day, are you seeing specks when you look at the sky in the day those are floaters. It means go to the eye doctor asap. If there was strange smells when you see the flashes, then it most likely be paranormal activity and not your eyes experiencing retinal detachment.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hahahaaha..Thanks for the medical advice..)))..This first occurred 30 years ago, and my eyes have been checked..Nothing you have described has happened..and if I started smelling something burning and saw lights..I call the fire department..or go to the hospital.. Not sure how paranormal it is..I have had at least three experiences with other people seeing what I see at the same time..in the same space. Don't think we had eye problems at the same time..)) Once I was in a tent..on a very dark dark night. I was with a friend. We were just getting ready to sleep, we had been picking fruit all day in Australia..

I was looking up through the darkness at the roof of the tent, when I saw the dancing lights...I thought my friend was asleep..They were less frightening to me by this time, and I actually found it quite amusing to see them here..in such a place.. Many thoughts raced through my head..At home in bed was weird enough, but out in the middle of no where, on a farm, in Australia..just made me laugh..laugh I did..quietly, and only a little out loud as I watched their performance only a short distance from my head.
What surprised me more was when my tent mate (who I thought was asleep) asked me what I was chuckling about.
I said it was nothing....Then she asked if I was laughing at the lights in the tent !!)))...She could see them too???
Made me feel better that I was not completely crazy..I could not see her, but we lied there for 10 minutes or so just discussing the colours, and what a beautiful sight they were..They can be very soothing, and most times put me to sleep.

top topics

join