It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny Things You Do When You Think Nobody Is Looking...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well, when I was a little girl --
had you lot wondering there for a second didn't I? XD --

Hmm in all seriousness? I talk to my dog compulsively. Even about football scores, stock exchange and tax returns?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

I talk to my little "manpanties" like he is people! Is that abnormal?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I used to sing in a high pitched voice while having my mute button on.(call center)

Stopped that though when the dam button didn't work and I was singing Barbie Girl to a customer. Bugger didn't let on that he could hear me until I was finished.

Didn't last long at that job.

But still sing Barbie Girl to my cat every now and again.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

I spent 5 years working at a call center..there is lots o' fun to be had!! I used to answer my phone and tell them my name was Sadie...it isn't...it was funny to hear someone annouce "Sadie you have a call on line 3"..lol I would be rolling!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If noone is around, like if i am alone in my car, I will scream at the top of my lungs. It feels great and relieves a lot of pressure. Oh and i also make weird faces in the mirror, just to see what i look like..

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I just do what i do regardless if anyone is looking.

I'm frequently caught talking to inanimate objects, and making little girl-like sounds when i'm having fun. I'll be skateboarding, ripping up the park like a madman and giggling like a little girl on a rollercoater, "Yippee!!!" and "Wheeeee!!!" and other assorted silly sounds. I don't realize i'm doing it because i got my headphones on. Sometimes if i'm not feeling so little-girlish i'll be skating around making monkey sounds. I've been employed in the past as a primatologist and i've worked extensively with monkeys, as a result i've picked up a lot of their language of expression, and also am caught frequently skating around whooping and screeching like a monkey on a sugar rush.

I also rap a lot, to myself, i just always walk around with some kind of freestyle poetry happening in my head, and a lot of the time i'll be rapping to myself and just going on like nobody's there.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTeaKettle
I never quite understood why people have the mentality that they need to come off as serious and mature all the time, if you will. When I was little, I'd play with my toys out and about in front of people - I didn't care (although when confronted, I'd naturally shy and go hide behind dear ol' dad).

Even nowadays when out in public with family or friends, I'm still open and nutty. If I hear music, I'll jam to it. I'll speak in funny accents and put on a show - and it often brings smiles from passerbys. Although sometimes, there's the common shake of the head and muttering about the hospital needing called. Bunch of old curmudgeons don't know what they're missing, eh.

Exactly.

One of the main problems we have in this world is that people are way too serious!
They really don't know what they are missing. Once you stop caring what strangers think you can feel more free.

Did anyone here when you were kids think like this, would you look at adults and think to yourself, "Why are they so serious all the time?.... I don't want to grow up!
)"

But that's the thing, you don't have to be too serious to grow up, it's highly overated haha.

If you truly want to enjoy life and make the lives of others around you more full of joy, then please stop being so serious
Laugh and let go, enjoy yourself, make people laugh etc

I get along so well with my lil kid sister and bro because they can still relate with me in a way, we joke around, hang out, play when I have free time, like friends, and I can relate with them in a way, adults and kids are not so different. Growing up doesn't mean you have to stop having fun/play or enjoy life.....

I don't tell them this, but it's moments like those with my family that truly makes my life worth living, enjoying life with your family is most important. I've realised this more lately after visting them more.

I remember thinking as a kid that adults tend to underestimate kids way too much in everything. Well they do, some kids are suprisingly wiser in their unique way than adults I meet everyday.

Anyway to those who are depressed or stressed with life, try to let your inner child out every once in a while.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I second that motion!! I have found that with age, I am more outspoken and less caring of what others think, but I do try to act with a modicum of decency in public no matter how hard it is!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I climb trees when nobody is around haha. (sometimes when somebody is around)

I talk in a funny voice to my pets.

I sometimes lipsink to a song and look at myself in the mirror.

As a kid I would talk to myself and play out scenes and imagine situations in my head and play them out etc, I still do that out of habit sometimes haha.

There are quite a few other things, and I think to myself, if somebody saw me now they would think I was crazy, and I laugh in my head haha.

Sometimes I would do some very funny things around my sisters and brother to make them laugh, that I would find embarrasing if anyone else was there haha.
I've made the oldest of my sisters laugh soo much she threw up all over the place.
It was scary haha. This has happened more than once too lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Very well said.
I'm 53 and still love going to the toy section in a department store and pushing all the buttons on the toys for the kids there.

Nothing picks you up like having children laugh naturally.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I am going to chalk it up to my inner child popping out at times!!! They never grow up from what I hear!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

Very well said.
I'm 53 and still love going to the toy section in a department store and pushing all the buttons on the toys for the kids there.

Nothing picks you up like having children laugh naturally.

Yeah, children remind us of the joy we sometimes forget.

Never forget

p.s making people laugh really feels good...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You DO realize that if we disclose our secret, 'alone' activities to you and the other readers here, they are no longer secret, right?

I figured out why this hasn't been moved, because you are obviously some sort of agent and are trying to compile a list of the subversive activities we take part in when we happen to be outside of the field of view of your surveillance system.

Well, I'm not falling for it. I wan't born yesterday and you will have to go somewhere ELSE to get me to rat myself out.

I don't mind telling you what that lady across the street does when SHE thinks no one is watching, but MY secret stuff is off limits. Nice try Ms. 'Smith.'

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Laughter truly is healing! There is nothing that I love more than a good laugh!! It can change a horrible day into a bright one just that quick!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

My but you are witty!!! I adore that!!! On a more serious note, from the looks of your avatar, swirling it jiggly bits...I am not sure that we want to know what you do when no one is looking...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

HAHA now I got that image stuck in my head!

Now I wonder if people once again are going to call for another of your threads to be moved to BTS haha.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I like to watch poloticians lie on televesion and try to make the thoughts of them having to one day explain why they lied and caused people to die to their children.

Misquitos freak me out because their like little disease carrying ninjas.... when no one is watching i constantly move and watch for misquitos trying to land on me.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Its okay if they do, to be honest I wasn't really sure where to put it. I think if fits here, but what do I know! I apologize that you now have cow jiggly bits swinging round' stuck in your head!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I have to agree with you on the skeeters! Pesky little vampires!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Sometimes, anyway...

TA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join