It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disc shaped UFO followed by stealth plane, Central Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As I was sitting in my lounge upstairs watching TV roughly 6 minutes ago i caught glimpse of a bright object soaring through the sky at a VERY low altitude. It resembled a train in mid air (lighting not shape) and was disc shaped as I caught sight of it further down the road. Roughly one minute later after rushing downstairs a stealth plane soared through the sky in that same direction. Scary stuff.

Unfortunately, I lack any evidence of this but have started this thread in hope that fellow Scottish ATSers have seen anything similar tonight.

The object was moving in a southern direction towards Stirling if that is of any interest.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle-2302
As I was sitting in my lounge upstairs watching TV roughly 6 minutes ago i caught glimpse of a bright object soaring through the sky at a VERY low altitude. It resembled a train in mid air (lighting not shape) and was disc shaped as I caught sight of it further down the road. Roughly one minute later after rushing downstairs a stealth plane soared through the sky in that same direction. Scary stuff.

Unfortunately, I lack any evidence of this but have started this thread in hope that fellow Scottish ATSers have seen anything similar tonight.

The object was moving in a southern direction towards Stirling if that is of any interest.

Good luck with finding others who may have seen something similar.

I would suggest you contact MUFON, when I saw something, I went to MUFON's website and found someone who had seen the same thing I had. Still to this day, that is the one guy who saw what I saw, and I am grateful I found his account because I know I'm not imagining things if he describes exactly what happened to me.

Anyway for some closure I'd recommend it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You say its heading south? where in Scotland are you? im in Manchester and skies are clear here, theres not much hope of seeing anything but you never know..nothings on TV anyway lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Thanks for the reply mate.

And cheers! Could not for the life of me remember the name of that group, I'll report it now.

Unbelievable though, the weirdest I've seen was spheres in the sky but this is a whole other league haha.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Well honestly I doubt it would go that far, I'm between Perth and Stirling so by that point I reckon it would have changed course completely or climbed waaay up in altitude.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle-2302

Good luck from me too, and thanks for sharing: i'd also keep an eye on local news websites and local radio and tv stations. What you saw sounds extremely interesting, too bad you couldn't take some shot, but hopefully someone else did

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks

Well, hopefully but even if there was a lot of people around here still remain pretty oblivious to the whole subject anyway but we'll see.
Yeah, the fact I didn't get my phone fast enough or even that I wasn't sitting outside has been eating away at me for the past hour haha. I'm sure it won't be the last though.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Can you tell us which stealth plane was it? Since the only "fighter" that they had was the F-117 and that one isn't being used anymore, if you saw a "stealth" fighter maybe that raises some interesting questions.

The F-117 was removed from service last year, and doesn't belong to the USAF plane inventory anymore.

I remember this exactly since it was removed from service on my birthday.

[edit on 25/8/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

Can you tell us which stealth plane was it? Since the only "fighter" that they had was the F-117 and that one isn't being used anymore, if you saw a "stealth" fighter maybe that raises some interesting questions.

The F-117 was removed from service last year, and doesn't belong to the USAF plane inventory anymore.

I remember this exactly since it was removed from service on my birthday.

[edit on 25/8/09 by Tifozi]

Aha! An interesting development to say the least. This could be quite the sighting!

However, even if we can confirm that there aren't other stealth fighters currently in operation, how can we prove or hope to know whether they still use them "behind the curtains" so to speak?

Ah well, I await further news on this. I was hoping this thread would fill up like the Arlington Texas 1-20 landing thread, but it seems there may not be too many Scottish ATS'ers who have seen this. Maybe there are not many Scottish ATS'ers in general?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Well, it wouldn't make any sense. They use planes in secret when they have something to hide (stealth technology and radar detection was the big deal with the F-117). They use them untill they can't deny it anymore (what brings me to the argument that the "governament isn't lying to us". They actually did it for a long time with the F-117, B-2 bomber, U-2 spyplane and the obvious one, the SR-71 Blackbird (it's actually RS-71)).

When someone takes a picture of one of them (like they did with F-117) or when it's ending his lifetime, the plane is presented to the public and they have the nerve to say "ahah, this baby explains a lot of UFO sightings".

If it was a stealth aircraft then it's a new one, that we don't know nothing about. There is no point in using in secret something that is obsolete (the F-22 raptor isn't weird like the F-117 and has the same stealth properties).

kyle-2302 answer this please:

Did you hear the airplane approaching?
Did it had any strobe lights (on the bottom) or any navigation lights (on the tip of the wings)?
Did it had logos with lights pointing at them?
Did it had bright stripes in the tips of the body and wings (this tells us if it was a navy/army/air force aircraft)?
Did it had a visible flamme on the tail, like an afterburner?

Answer this and you can actually narrow it down pretty much.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I live in Edinburgh (Saughton area) and few nights ago, my wife told me she saw two aircraft fly overhead. She described one of them as looking like a miniature space shuttle, which was being flanked by a fighter jet. I showed her loads of aircraft pictures (military and civilian) but to no avail she could not identify the "shuttle" but she did identify that it had been flanked by a Tornado.

A few nights before that she told me that two fighters passed overhead, and that one of them was exuding a bright white flame from its rear? She is adamant that it was flame and not a light. One of my daughters confirmed that as she had watched them fly over also.

I do not know what to make of that though I heard these jets but I did not go out and look, as these flybys are now a regular occurrence.

I have assumed that these nightly flybys have much to do with the annual Edinburgh festival. However, the flights pass over the airport and head North West toward Stirling and to my memory, these regular flights are the first in all the years I have lived here. Even before the festival started, we have been seeing pairs of longbow apache gunships and single Chinooks for months taking the exact same flight paths.

on that note, about three months ago I was walking my dog near South Gyle not far from where I live when a black Chinook came over at low level. I waved as it went overhead and to my surprise, it circled round and came over me so low the trees were disturbed by the turbulence from its rotors and Aspen (my malamute started howling). For some reason I felt like a naughty schoolchild.

I managed to film its departure with my camera phone incidentally.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanks for posting

Originally posted by kyle-2302
a stealth plane soared through the sky in that same direction.

Just wondering what makes you say 'stealth plane'?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Saw this report from Aberdeen last night (26th) 02:30am.

Witness Statement: I am looking out my window right now and there is this flashing bright red light and every time it flashes it outlines a triangular shape, there is also what appears to be a white dot at the tip. This is no plane as it looks like the pilot is having the time of its life its going back and fore in the sky, going up and down, staying still sometimes then just going back and fore at a tremendous speed, there is also a very loud noise which sounds similar to that of a plane but it isnt, right now i can’t see the object as it went down behind a large tree that is in my garden so im guessing it is behind there because the loud noise is still here, seems to be getting louder actually i can’t believe what i am witnessing!! i also know it isnt a plane because the noise from planes last what 10 seconds at the most well from 2:30 till now the noise is still on the go! What is it? im really hoping for a plane to come soon so it just disappears!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

I second this motion. OP, please don't ignore questions from other ATSrs, it makes your story look less credible.

Back on topic, which of these stealth aircraft was it?
F117, SR-71, B2, F22, F35?

First two supposedly don't fly anymore, first 3 are fairly easy to recognize, the others can easily be mistaken with anything else.

top topics

join