It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy everyone knows about and follows the brain washing anyway!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
America has no Citizens, no workers. It has only consumers. That's why we are in so much trouble. That is why we are never happy.

We are programed to be unhappy.

A great docu on it by the BBC;

Part 1

Century of Self part 1

Part 2

video.google.com...Century of self part 2

A song that illustrates the problem;
The Fear

Shocking and yet something we know.

How do we change this? How do we make the general public know and not let it be manipulated. How do we stop them pledging allegiance to Walmart, or praying to Aeropostle?

Our daughters and sisters are killing themselves by starvation. Anyone who has a brain is looked down on. Morals are gone. All that matters is the terrible way we do nothing and care about nothing. How do we get the drones to think again?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
it's hard...
you have to sacrifice your reputation, to spread awareness. most of the cattle are perfectly content with the way things are. you have to be willing to be labeled a "nut" and lose friends. i haven't got the gut to do much of this yet. you really have to sacrifice yourself. unfortunatly, most people are happy to be cattle, and don't care to change it. fattened for the slaugher...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Part 3

Century of Self 3

Still looking for 4. I don't know why they made it so hard to find.

I actually did receive a very angry remark on my local paper's blog when i brought up materialism as a problem. I was stunned at his reaction. I expected maybe a response akin to someone who knows they shouldn't have too much fat and still has a big mac, but it was more like I had attacked his religion.

Interesting.

There is actually a few movements to reject this monster. Voluntary Simplicity, frugal living, Slowness movements, etc.

But the average Joe has no idea he is little more than a puppet.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
it's hard...
you have to sacrifice your reputation, to spread awareness. most of the cattle are perfectly content with the way things are. you have to be willing to be labeled a "nut" and lose friends. i haven't got the gut to do much of this yet. you really have to sacrifice yourself. unfortunatly, most people are happy to be cattle, and don't care to change it. fattened for the slaugher...

Don't even bother trying to spread awareness amongst the people you know personally... It's a waist of time.

It's not your responsibility to awaken others, including the people you know, and it's not worth being viewed as an "Conspiracy nut".

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thanks for your effort digging this up. I will watch it tomorrow.

The only way to be happy is to distance yourself from the world and just do what you like doing, while being aware of the illusion that is being displayed in the media so you dont fall for it. I agree with the previous poster. Its not our job to influence others. When and if they feel something is not right with the world, they will go looking for information on their own.

We did.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Agreed. But we make ourselves unhappy by even paying attention to the spins they're (all media) giving us. The "happiest" (most comfortable with this life) people I've ever known didn't spend a minute in front of the tube. It's our choice, and we need to spread the word.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That is very true Rygii. Very true indeed.

top topics

join