It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Dogs Better?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It goes without saying that a dog is man's best friend. But, there: I've said it anyway.

Most dog owners would consider thier closest friends and/or relationships on par with the attachment that they have with their dog(s).

That being the hypothetical case...
Here is my question; Who do you trust more? Your dog or your local/state/federal representative?

I think it's a fair question. Both rely upon YOU for their survival, their security, their very purpose in life, etc.
Likewise, YOU rely upon them to look out for your well being.

Well?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i am lucky enough to share my living space with a pair of pure bred rottweillers , which i purchased. i also have a mongrel whos owners had given it the concrete alley between two houses as its primary and only environment, when i heard they were going to put the poor thing down for barking all day............ i offered to take it instead.
i also have a one eyed chihuahua rescued from the local shelter's death row. The single eye was grossing out the kiddies who were its potential source of adoption. The cringe factor that goes with such disfigurement, sealing her fate.

So to the question, my honest answer is at a base level i trust the human. if the scenario was for example leave a child in the untended company of either candidate, i would choose the human because , i would expect its process of cognition to be more sophisticated, and its afinity for its own species to be a significant positive factor.

Politicians are funny creatures, its been my observation that no matter who you vote for....... the Govt always gets in.....

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

Here is my question; Who do you trust more? Your dog or your local/state/federal representative?

Hands down, my dog. That's a no brainer question.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. -Mark Twain

Of all the creatures, man is the most detestable. Of the entire brood, he is the only one that possesses malice. He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot. - Mark Twain

The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's. - Mark Twain

My dog may not be able to do math, spell or read but he is kind, gentle, obedient (most of the time), dignified and would never double cross me. He watches my back and has never betrayed me.

Of all the humans I have known only my husband and two other very close friends could make the same claim.

Dogs are beings of love, any dog that is mean was either made mean by a human or has a brain defect. They are kind, loyal, honorable, honest, brave, helpful and angels in disguise.

I also love cats and all animals but the dog is my all time favorite.

Estimated number of cats and dogs entering shelters each year:
6-8 million (HSUS estimate)

Estimated number of cats and dogs euthanized by shelters each year:
3-4 million (HSUS estimate)

Estimated number of cats and dogs adopted from shelters each year:
3-4 million (HSUS estimate)

Estimated number of cats and dogs reclaimed by owners from shelters each year:
30 percent of dogs and 2-5 percent of cats entering shelters (HSUS estimate)

Source for above figures: www.humanesociety.org...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have jack russels, so you can see they can be trusted, apart from the odd dodoo on the floor, lol.

Forget about trusting humans, and especially people in politics.

top topics

join