It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushfires: To stay or go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

TOPIC: Bushfires: To stay or go?

Explanation: To stay or go?
Hmmm? would it be so hard as to enforce those with fire insurance to go upon demand by the emergency services and then to enforce mandatory fire insurance coverage for those wishing to reside in Bushfire prone areas?

Personal Disclosure: I hate enforced insurance as I think it is a scam that the government sorta makes you take gamble between losing a little or losing a lot [Note there ain't no breaking even in that game!
:shk: mumbles about financial blackholes etc!] Still I have seen how mandatory TPI has worked and its on that basis alone that I put forth this thread!
Having personally deciding to stay and fight and win! [well at least my street survived whilst houses burned 50mtrs away!
] and would do so again without hesitation but at that time I was fighting to save more than just my parents house i.e my whole street! I wasn't alone in this endevour but many of my neighbours were away on holiday during those Canberra Bushfires and this was both a blessing [Phew! they're safe.] and a curse [slightly undermanned for the task at hand]!
Anyhow I'm all extremely upset ATM
so I'll quit my foolish jibberjabbering [Thanks for the pity Mr-T
] and let the A[TS]-Team go to work! What do other ATS members have to say on this issue?

P.S. Didn't know where to post this thread as it covers politics,survival and fragile earth!

Edited to fix emoticon. Edited to remove it! :shk:

[edit on 25-8-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I live in the middle of the San Diego Witchcreek Fire area. My neighbor was unable to get fire insurance. Noone wanted to sell it. I now live in a RV that I can just drive away if a fire is coming.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

Disclaimer: As above!

Explanation: Thats another issue that infuriates me!
It burns me up worse than the radiant heat!
That the Government [yours/mine or anybody else for that matter] allows its citizens to inhabit uninsurable [therefor clearly unsafe] areas seems to me to be a lack of oversight when it comes to duty of care and OH&S let alone economic management and appropriate zoning laws! With such half a$$ measures its no wonder people are killed and resources wasted again and again! :shk:

Personal Disclosure: mumble mumble :shk: Hope you and your mate have got a fire extinguisher/ fire fighting gear etc and know how to use it and I hope you guys never ever have to OK! Love your RV idea as it reminded me of a macca's ad we had here in OZ a while back! The
was around with some kids and fire fighter as they all chanted "Get Down Low and GO! GO! GO!"
Fade to Iron Maidens "Run To The Hills" song........

Edited becuase I'm a
and refuse to proofread 1st. :shk: Fixed emoticon. Arrgh I'm Preveiw Post challanged!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

join