It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Fleet Leaves Planet Earth Nasa Video Footage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Or the video could be playing backwards...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Did you make any attempt to see if Cooper himself said this, or if some UFO nut simply SAID Cooper said it, and Cooper denied it? Could you determine the either/or on this fundamental question? How should an interested person fully check out all conflicting claims on this story?

Cmdraleon, what I'm asking is, what steps would a reasonable person take to verify whether this internet story has any validity, and how can they be carried out by any ordinary person using internet search tools?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hexagramfifty
Or the video could be playing backwards...

Greetings hexagramifify,

This could be possible if the Nasa Video Cams are or were Malfunctioning.

When these Nasa Cams are recording information if its live at the point of Space activity they are seeing it live .

On som Nana broadcast links if you have the equipment can see these broadcasts .

Since in this case the broadcast is not backwards again what we are observing in my observation which I am sticking with UFOs ,Flying Saucer type craft maybe unmanned but for the most part Intelligent controlled Objects not of this Earth.

Thank you for your imput and ideas on what it might have been.

Blessings and Peace,
CmdrAleon

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Did you make any attempt to see if Cooper himself said this, or if some UFO nut simply SAID Cooper said it, and Cooper denied it? Could you determine the either/or on this fundamental question? How should an interested person fully check out all conflicting claims on this story?

What I have added here are what Gordon Cooper said and I will add more .

I have no idea what UFO Nuts are for someone who has worked in Nasa calling or using that word UFO Nuts should not be even part of any intelligent discussion Jim no need to go that route .

Cmdraleon, what I'm asking is, what steps would a reasonable person take to verify whether this internet story has any validity, and how can they be carried out by any ordinary person using internet search tools?

Greetings Jim,

If a reasonable person wants to this story related to Gordon Cooper its simple .Just do the research on what he shared publically about Nasa .

Naturally Nasa Officals are going to deny any of this by Gordon when he was alive as being true .

So if Gordon says what he has seen and believes is true you cannot accept that ?

Blessings and Peace,
CmdrAleon

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Cmdraleon]

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Cmdraleon]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i was just listening to jerry pippin interview of mr x...what if what we are seeing leaving earth are souls??.....

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Greetings .

I just needed to add this regarding Jims question if indeed Gordon Cooper believed this and he did .
Infact he spoke at the United Nations on this very matter from his experiences being with Nasa .

Astronauts and the UFO phenomenon
Astronaut Gordon Cooper's message to the UN:
"I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets, which are a little more technically advanced than we are on Earth. I feel that we need to have a top level, coordinated program to scientifically collect and analyze data from all over the Earth concerning any type of encounter, and to determine how best to interfere with these visitors in a friendly fashion.

"We may first have to show them that we have learned how to resolve our problems by peaceful means rather than warfare, before we are accepted as fully qualified universal team members. Their acceptance will have tremendous possibilities of advancing our world in all areas. Certainly then it would seem that the U.N. has a vested interest in handling the subject quickly and properly."

"I should point out that I am not an experienced UFO professional researcher - I have not as yet had the privilege of flying a UFO nor of meeting the crew of one. However, I do feel that I am somewhat qualified to discuss them, since I have been into the fringes of the vast areas of which they travel. Also, I did have occasion in 1951 to have two days of observation of many flights of them, of different sizes flying in fighter formation, generally from west to east over Europe. They were at a higher altitude than we could reach with our jet fighters..."

"If the U.N. agrees to pursue this project and lend the credibility to it, perhaps many more well qualified people will agree to step forth and provide help and information."

SOURCES:
Nov. 1988 issue (Vol 1, No. 3) issue of UFO Universe magazine; Condor Books 351 West 54th St., New York, N.Y. 10019

websource:

Astronaut Gordon Cooper addressing a U.N. panel discussion on UFOs and ETs in New York, in 1985; Panel was chaired by then U.N. Secretary-General Kurt Waldheim.

The above message was given to the U.N. by Astronaut Gordon L. Cooper, one of America's original seven Mercury Astronauts. Cooper orbited the Earth for a record 34 hour, 22 orbit flight in the spacecraft 'Faith 7' in May of 1963. He has been outspoken about the need for an open inquiry into UFOs - based on his own personal experience of sighting UFOs as a pilot and the testimony of other pilots.[ex\]

What I am doing with this in relationship to the Nasa Video footage is saying what Gordon Cooper has stated is exactly what is being seen leaving Planet Earth .

You already know what Gordon Cooper believed what he stated many times while alive.

Blessings and Peace,
CmdrAleon

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cmdraleon
So if Gordon says what he has seen and believes is true you cannot accept that ?

You're not paying attention. I don't doubt that some people have claimed Cooper said those things. My question is -- how does one check up that he actually said them, and some "UFO nut" isn't just making it up for some motive? Clearly you did not hear HIM say these things, so what defense do you have against being lied to?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Greetings .

I just needed to add this regarding Jims question if indeed Gordon Cooper believed this and he did. Infact he spoke at the United Nations on this very matter from his experiences being with Nasa .

Where in those passages -- which are authentic quotes because we know other people who heard him speak, and he gave a written statement -- did he report seeing a UFO on any of his space flights? I can't find it. Did you imagine it? What's so hard about answering that specific question?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You're not paying attention. I don't doubt that some people have claimed Cooper said those things. My question is -- how does one check up that he actually said them, and some "UFO nut" isn't just making it up for some motive? Clearly you did not hear HIM say these things, so what defense do you have against being lied to?

Out of his own mouth.

Don't know whether it's true, but he did admit to seeing a "fleet" of ufos in the '50s, and later an actual disc landing at Edwards in the '60s. Could be dementia... could be fact.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by draknoir2]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Asfar as using the brain when you speak of the rest of us I am sure you are not speaking for all of us .

Oh. Does your species not have a brain?

When you observe the stars you are not doing it with your brain but with your eyes .

Oh. Well, don't know about your species, but Humans use the eyes to bring the information, it is processed IN the brain.

You should know this, you're the one who told us on other threads that you're a "commander" in some "space fleet". Give us the real info, stop toying!

And, come on....admit it....that video is just showing debris. We're still waiting for the good stuff, you know, non-linear motion, and everyting???

Hurry!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Out of his own mouth.

Don't know whether it's true, but he did admit to seeing a "fleet" of ufos in the '50s, and later an actual disc landing at Edwards in the '60s. Could be dementia... could be fact.

It's hard following the exchanges, but this dispute has to do with Cdr's claim that Cooper reported a UFO on his Mercury flight in 1963, while at NASA.

The earlier two reports, which Cooper did claim later in life, dealt with experiences in the US Air Force. I didn't mean to refer to them, not yet at least.

Drak, to your knowledge, were those two reports ever investigated by any UFOlogists, or was the going-in position that you just assume everything the witness said was exactly what happened?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sorry about the misunderstanding... my fault for skimming.

No, I just recalled seeing the interview somewhere and looked it up on youtube.

I'm not sure why he's suddenly "coming out"... seems odd to me, and I haven't done any research into the validity of his claims. All I know for sure is what he said on camera.

And his blank affect is reminiscent of someone with Alzheimer's... a look I know all too well.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

And his blank affect is reminiscent of someone with Alzheimer's... a look I know all too well.

Actually he had some medical issues later in life but there's no need to see them as causative. His UFO stories had been around for many years.

Fortunately, I began investigating them about 1982, when other witnesses were still alive. They're almost all gone now.

Probably the most bizarre coincidence is that Cooper served on an Apollo backup crew with -- drum roll -- Edgar Mitchell. I'd sure like to have heard their discussions about UFOs back then, in early 1969.

That was before Cooper was basically grounded by his astronaut buddies, who concluded he'd lost 'the right stuff' and would have been a dangerous Apollo crewman. If he'd flown, he would have commanded Apollo-13, and the consensus is he wouldn't have been able to pull off what Jim Lovell did -- barely manage to get home alive.

I keep asking Mitchell to write down Cooper's UFO stories, at least for posterity. He just doesn't want to talk about them.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I thought these were fairly recent revelations. Surprising they weren't investigated at some point in the past 25 or so years. Probably something like Roswell - no interest until someone writes a book about it decades after the fact. Makes it difficult to find "fresh" witnesses.

What were the findings of your personal investigation?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I thought these were fairly recent revelations. Surprising they weren't investigated at some point in the past 25 or so years. Probably something like Roswell - no interest until someone writes a book about it decades after the fact. Makes it difficult to find "fresh" witnesses.

Drak, I did my initial investigation in 1983-4, and even sent drafts to Cooper -- he later quoted from them in his 'Leap of Faith' autobiography. I finished the first edition in 1984 and sent copies around, later posted it on the Internet.

See www.jamesoberg.com... and scroll down to the Gordon Cooper section.

So it's not that no investigation was done, it's that the UFO world wanted to pretend that no investigation was done, so they stonewalled it.

I don't mind them arguing with it, but to engage in persistent make-believe that nobody looked at it -- sheesh.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Drak, I did my initial investigation in 1983-4, and even sent drafts to Cooper -- he later quoted from them in his 'Leap of Faith' autobiography. I finished the first edition in 1984 and sent copies around, later posted it on the Internet.

See www.jamesoberg.com... and scroll down to the Gordon Cooper section.

So it's not that no investigation was done, it's that the UFO world wanted to pretend that no investigation was done, so they stonewalled it.

I don't mind them arguing with it, but to engage in persistent make-believe that nobody looked at it -- sheesh.

I'm sorry, but I am at a disadvantage. I was just a punk Air Force recruit back then and wasn't as interested in the subject as I am now. I have only just recently [past few years] become aware of the current wave of astronaut testimony, thanks to the internet and the post nineties resurgence in mainstream media interest in the paranormal. To be honest, I don't even know where to look to verify the sort of claims made by Cooper in that video, so I take it at face value... an elderly former astronaut on a UFO show recounting an extraordinary experience from the late fifties.

Thanks for the link. I will read it - I'm interested in your conclusions.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Wouldn't it be funny if he was a real Cmd and you're just making fun of him, just because he likes to use the interwebs?
LOL

*sorry, couldn't resist*

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Interesting read.

By the way, the "1984 - The Hunt For Gordon Cooper's UFOs" link is dead.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Sorry about the misunderstanding... my fault for skimming.

No, I just recalled seeing the interview somewhere and looked it up on youtube.

I'm not sure why he's suddenly "coming out"... seems odd to me, and I haven't done any research into the validity of his claims. All I know for sure is what he said on camera.

Greetings draknoir,

Understand that Gordon Cooper was sharing when he was alive his experiences with Intelligent UFO Craft.

I have learned something a long time ago that if someone shares atrue experience even if I have not has that experience its no less real that the stars in the night sky.

James Oberg is a know skeptic and Debunker in the field.

Now its up to you alone to decide within yourself what you feel is true.

As I said to Jim my olny reason for sharing this information on Gordon is because he was with Nasa and was not alone in seeing these craft while up in space .

Which means also that Nasa those who are the top brass of Nasa would have to know for many years what is going on in the the Earths Atmosphere and outside of it orbiting around the Planet .

Just wanted to share the otherside of this cosmic area with you.
Blessings and Peace,
CmdrAleon

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Greetings all,

I truly believe that we have to take these former Nasa astronauts at there word .

They were there .

Its time to listen clearly to what these former Nasa people experienced .

How can anyone debunk an astronaut who was seeing these objects with there very own eyes at the time .

If an Airforce General came on tv and said we believe UFOs are feel and now we are sharing this with you .

You would still have debunkers and skeptics saying how does that Airforce General know this ?

Its the way the mind works .

I would take the Astronauts experience over anything else .

Blessings and Peace,
CmdrAleon

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join