It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Conjoined Cucumber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Check this out! We found this growing in the garden, and from what litte research I have done aready, seems these, although pretty rare, are popping up all over, kind of weird if you ask me!
one article says the plant had to have 2 ovaries to do this:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
looks like a big green ear.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

I am trying to see it, but I just don't see an ear,

Note that the thing olny has one root and one top

[edit on 25-8-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Drop that sucker in a jar of vinegar so you can have a conjoined pickle!

-E-

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Looks more like a head from one of the Aliens in one of the many Alien movies

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That's really cool.. In my garden we haven't been able to grow cucumbers for the past few years until this year, the burpless cuke plants both died, but the Romanian cuke's are holding on strong. Would be neat to find a cuke like that in my garden!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Anyone who has worked in the food business can probably attest to seeing deformed fruit and vegetables daily. Just today, I had a jalapeno with a little one growing out the top of it and I've seen tons of eggplant with the same deformity as that cucumber. Bell peppers are also notorious for having smaller, undeveloped peppers growing inside the cavity. Maybe one day I'll take some pictures of what I come across on a daily basis.

I suppose this shows nature ain't perfect.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wow, thats something to think about, though! Even nature is getting deformed!

Its really interesting that you point out, it has only one root and one top..

Doesnt take much to entertain me, does it

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hey thanks for your responses, flags are cool too (hint hint) I found it to be fascintaing, regardless of frequency, and I love the idea of puttin it into vinegar and having myself a coinjioned pickled, as mentioned above

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Just yesterday I found two ears of corn in the same husk. One was much smaller than the other. I had a double cucumber this year too.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Maybe it's taking a step in evolution

[edit on 26-8-2009 by iHateMasses]

[edit on 26-8-2009 by iHateMasses]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Had you ever seen this before though? I haven't, and from what I read it is pretty unusual, even rare to happen. Sh*t folks have ebay'ed them! I think, and it is why I put this under 'fragile earth', that Monsanto or a look a like is maybe responsible, imagine, what implications could be from consuming abnormalities like this on a regular basis

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Anomalies in fruit growth aren't that strange at all, I've picked many an apple that had grown while pressed against a branch and thus has a large rounded dent in it. Its normal for fruits and veggies to mess up and take on a different shape. Albeit unintentionally.

On a side note, they have heart shaped cucumber in Japan. Let's take a look at it shall we? They also have star shaped.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Just to go further on my previous post that fruit growth anomalies are not dangerous or really that unique, this past spring I was eating an orange and I found another orange with paper thin skin and little seeds in it. Thing is, this little orange was inside my large navel orange. Which I thought was pretty cool. Or like going to the grocery store and finding a very inappropriately shaped tomato while shopping. Note: it was an organic tomato from further inland.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
We ate it. We are fine. No extra head, arm, legs fingers or toes forming, nothing. The salad was great.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

OH MY GOD ITS A REPTILIAN CUCUMBER!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, its only a matter of time before someone claims this is a NWO conspiracy to mutate cucumbers into giant man eating vegetables. Better not tell Dizziedame, she's terrified enough of the talking M & M's

top topics

join