It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Warning from an 350 year old Cross.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The idea of a galaxy was not known till the 1700s or later. Yet the claim is that these folks knew about the galactic center. Ridiculous.

Not really, the mystics of ancient times knew a lot more than you'd care to admit.

Here's one example of occultists viewing subatomic particles by mystic means:
www.smphillips.8m.com...

The ability to travel the universe in spirit and visit space planes above and beyond is something that can be learned.

I don't ever expect you to give any anomalies the serious scrutiny they deserve though, there's always something to nitpick on, something to hang onto to deny the evidence that runs contrary to materialist dogma.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Please show me one instance in which an ancient cultue knew about galaxies.

Instead of presenting evidence for ancients knowing about galaxies you post some link to a modern group of self deluded RVers pretending to see the microscopic world. Without some kowledge of what is there there would be no RV viewing. It is a sham.

I don't expect you to actually find a reference to a galaxy by some ancient culture. There isn't any. The first notion of the organization fo stars came in the 1700s well after the telescope was invented.

You can pretend whatever you want to concerning some woo-woo issues. The fact of the matter is that ancients did not know about galaxies.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

It's rather unscientific of you to claim that you know for certain that they didn't know about galaxies when the matter of the fact is that there is no way for you to know.

I'll stand by my conviction, they probably projected into the real time zone and observed it themselves.

Fact is, people have been going out of their bodies since the dawn of time and there's countless research and documented cases of OOBE's and NDE's that prove this point..

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

It's rather unscientific of you to claim that you know for certain that they didn't know about galaxies when the matter of the fact is that there is no way for you to know.

Actually, it is not. There is no evidence that any ancients had any understanding of any structure outside of the solar system. One of the oldest references I have seen where stars are hypothesized to be like our Sun comes from Bruno.

I'll stand by my conviction, they probably projected into the real time zone and observed it themselves.

Whatever this wacko claim means it is clear that the ancients had no knowledge of galaxies.

Fact is, people have been going out of their bodies since the dawn of time and there's countless research and documented cases of OOBE's and NDE's that prove this point..

Another falsehood tossed in. There has not been countless research. There has been some research with nothing to show for it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Another falsehood tossed in. There has not been countless research. There has been some research with nothing to show for it.

No, there's documented cases where people project and retrieve information they couldn't possibly be aware of, all under supervision, then there's the hundreds of NDE cases where people are privy to information they shouldn't be.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

No, there's documented cases where people project and retrieve information they couldn't possibly be aware of, all under supervision, then there's the hundreds of NDE cases where people are privy to information they shouldn't be.

That's not true. There are all sorts of tales of this sort of thing happening, but in fact that has not happened, It is interesting how these sorts of things have taken on a false sense of being true when they are not.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Keep denying it.

I as well as millions of others know the truth.
You will know too one day, unless you're a soulless machine, is that how you view yourself?

9000 posts, all scoffing at the ideas presented on this site.
I'm not saying you're a paid shill cause I don't think you are, but you probably SHOULD be getting paid for all this relentless work.
Your rational disposition and knowledge of science is probably a boon to aspects of this site, reigning in the most irrational of ideas presented and supplying alternative or traditional explanations, but I still think your endless debunking is ignoring a great deal of evidence.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Narr won't happen, we live in the "Control" Universe where not much happens - the real action happens in the "Variable" Universe with all the biblical prophecy playing out in full.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

... I still think your endless debunking is ignoring a great deal of evidence.

If you can't think of examples I have some here:
1. idle prattle
2. unsubstantiated claims
3. friend of a friend stories
4. blurry photos

I do not think of any of these as evidence.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

The first notion of the organization fo stars came in the 1700s well after the telescope was invented.

LOL
Where did you dig up that gem of utter bafoonery?
The 'first notion of the organization for stars', as you term it, is prehistoric. Astronomy, including the accurate charting and recording the movement of stars and planets and yes, the milkyway itself, goes a hell of alot further back than the 1700's.
Fascinating stuff, almost hate to see good threads like this resurface lately though, the company of late is decidedly less apt to discuss things intellectually, and this thread will suffer as a result. The article mentioned it was originally erected in Germany, wonder if the original location is still around or even known.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Where did you dig up that gem of utter bafoonery?
The 'first notion of the organization for stars', as you term it, is prehistoric. Astronomy, including the accurate charting and recording the movement of stars and planets and yes, the milkyway itself, goes a hell of alot further back than the 1700's.
Fascinating stuff, almost hate to see good threads like this resurface lately though, the company of late is decidedly less apt to discuss things intellectually, and this thread will suffer as a result. The article mentioned it was originally erected in Germany, wonder if the original location is still around or even known.

Thanks for showing us that you have no idea what structure means. It happens.

According to the ancients the stars DO NOT MOVE. It wouldn't be until much later that the Aristotelean notion of an unchanging heavens would be challenged by the observation of nova.

The Milky Way was not seen as a galaxy or as a structure until the 1700s. It was seen as a part of the sky. That is all.

It takes a telescope to perform parallax measurements to determine distances to nearest stars. That reveals their position and later on the structure of the stars into galaxies.

Your utter lack of understanding the difference between seeing stars, thinking that the ancients knew stars moved relative to each other, thinking that the ancients knew of galaxies is as you put it "utter bafoonery."

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Thanks for showing us that you have no idea what structure means. It happens.
According to the ancients the stars DO NOT MOVE. It wouldn't be until much later that the Aristotelean notion of an unchanging heavens would be challenged by the observation of nova.
The Milky Way was not seen as a galaxy or as a structure until the 1700s. It was seen as a part of the sky. That is all.
It takes a telescope to perform parallax measurements to determine distances to nearest stars. That reveals their position and later on the structure of the stars into galaxies.
Your utter lack of understanding the difference between seeing stars, thinking that the ancients knew stars moved relative to each other, thinking that the ancients knew of galaxies is as you put it "utter bafoonery."

Ah, more bafoonery.
Are you familiar with Hipparchus, the hindu figures of Brahma and Vishnu, Timocharis, Aristillus, Ptolemy, the Chaldeans, the Dendera Zodiac, the Mesoamerican Long Count Calendar, Bhaskara II, Munjala, Yu Xi, Copernicus, or Roamn Mithraism or Cautes and Cautopates? Just to name a few... Get Real.
edit on 31-5-2012 by twitchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Ah, more bafoonery.
Are you familiar with Hipparchus, the hindu figures of Brahma and Vishnu, Timocharis, Aristillus, Ptolemy, the Chaldeans, the Dendera Zodiac, the Mesoamerican Long Count Calendar, Bhaskara II, Munjala, Yu Xi, Copernicus, or Roamn Mithraism or Cautes and Cautopates? Just to name a few... Get Real.

None of your continued bafoonery shows that the ancients knew about galaxies.

You get an F.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join