It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Ishmael (not)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I guess I will introduce myself, as this is the introduction forum. My name is as it says for my alias, I am 40 some odd years old. I was born outside of Tehran, I am Persian. My mother was an amazing woman, very radical for her time, my father went to go work for the Republican Guard (back when outsiders could work in Iraq) in order to put food in my sister and mine's stomachs. We moved to America when I was 5, and when I was 18 I went to go work for the DoD as a translator and logistics personnel. I was a translator of ancient Mesopotamian artifacts and I had a really small office in the basement of Ft Patrick, a base right above Coco Beach in Florida. I worked there for 5 years, until I pissed them off to much.

Instead of firing me they decided to stick me in the field, they realized they paid me too much and there was a reason for it. They required that I go through Paris Island, prototype and advanced weapons and vehicular training at Great Lakes, and SEREs school. I was attached to the First of the First MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) and into Force Recon. I spent 17 years roaming through Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Anatolia (turkey), over to Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, back over to UAE, Qatar, Saudi, Egypt, all in this little LAV-25 we upscounded from its AMPHIB unit.

The marines were my bodyguards, I was a translator/ scientist and some natives in that part of the world disagree with those sort of things. I am missing half of my right shoulder blade and had over 300 shards of shrapnel in my back, I still have over a dozen shards in my spine. This happened when someone decided to act unfavorably upon our little LAV. I had to have 4 inches of my sternum cut back because 6 rounds of 7.62mm was shot through my right side, 3 exited my left side, leaving 3 rounds for me to dig out myself as the female Master Chief was tending to a soldier who was shot in the neck...apparently I was lower on the triage list. My right leg was crushed and mangled in an accident leaving me on the verge of having it amputated, I blackmailed the government in order for them not to remove it. It now had all fake muscle called Myomar, and the bones from the middle of my thigh down are sheathed in titanium, the bones are dead and rotted now I am sure but I can still walk so who cares (all for the price of signing away my right to medical benefits).

When I got back I spent 5 years in an office doing what I did before I left, 5 very safe years... But I decided to retire from them after more disagreements on how other departments should be run.

I have my masters in Genetic Recoding, my PHD in Genesynthesis, and I am working on a second PHD in "god to man interactions of the ancient Mesopotamians and Anatolians" to compliment my job as a translator of Cunieform. I currently work as a contractor for the University of Chicago, heading up research & development on the COX gene (might make for a good thread one day)

I am married to a beautiful woman who specializes in Ancient Warfare and is currently trying to finish her education, she is an amazing woman who has taken in good stride all the crazy things that entered her world when she accepted mine.

Currently I am working on a book to tell all my dirty little secrets, that currently only the people I used to work for, my wife, and myself, are aware of. I highly doubt it will ever reach printing before it is snatched up, like all other works of truth, but it would be unethical for me not to try... plus I might be able to pull some strings hehe.

I look forward to interacting with people here on ATS giving my advice and wisdom to those few who might hear it, I tend to be quite Bardly in my ways, my wife has tired of hearing my stories over and over again lol.

To all a good one.
-Azzy

Edit for spelling
[edit on 25-8-2009 by Aziroth]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
WOW! What a life you have lead! Great to meet you. I am somewhat new myself & don't post often but your introduction caught my eye. I for one, look forward to reading more of your life stories & posting along with you. Again, welcome.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

Welcome Mr. NOT,

Sounds like you should be on Larry King......at least. I guess you don't need help financing wrting your book...up front. You could probably write some articles for the press etc. Sounds really dramatic and a ful life story and movie in process.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Thanks its been interesting, never trade it in though. Hope to hear some good things posting with you.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Heh yeah drama sells, but no mass media for myself. Too much criticism you face going out and about and those who have the public eye will lie and cheat and throw fits and people will believe anything they say. Plus I know those who I had experiences with have damn near lost their lives (and some have) going public. No its better to sit and watch and try and reach a few people who might be effective, than risk your life for people who wont. And as far as a movie... that's a funny thought I like that, hollywood here I come! Baton down the hatches hide your woman and children the Az is coming.

Oh and I have not written for the press but I used to write articles for the 4th Army Psyops Group on Arabic culture, I kinda always wanted to do talk radio though haha.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
interesting read, welcome to ATS. I am looking forward to hearing your dirty little secrets. Care to share a couple?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You use big words and that makes me feel scared and uncomfortable.

genetwhatsamahOOzit?

I think you'll fit in just swell, old chap. Welcome!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Holographic

Heh it depends on what you want to know, pick a subject I might have something I wont get too in trouble over. But any questions are welcome, I will give the best answer I can within my ability.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If anybody deserves to have a good time here, it's you. Have a good time and enjoy your stay.

top topics

join