It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark futurology: End of days, transhuman zombies, mixed realities, and the fake alien war.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is a mostly blackly comic thought experiment.

Replying to a post by the Noble Lie, Predictions, I got carried away with some rather pessimistic attempts at futurism. The following are my somewhat serious prognostications for the near future (if the "trends" keep converging as they are). Some may seem ludicrious and are mostly for purposes of my own amusement. I say mostly. Many a true word said in jest eh? Set your clocks to a dark future over, say, the next 10 - 15 years from now. In a world not so unlike our own, a twisted mix of realities indeed:

Further heavy militirization of the already weaponized mainstream entertainment complex (Transformers, G.I. Joe, 300, et al), perpetuation of wars of aggression as essential national defence meme, the good guy soldier hero, the mostly benevolent though internally conflicted military-industrial complex as world protectors. Furtherance of the mixed reality perception management memeplex, as exemplified by the new James Cameron movie Avatar (which also prominently showcases the afore-mentioned war vehicle as heroic enterprise it seems).

A push towards an entirely gender neutral society (maybe even post-gender) a la Starship Troopers, heavily militarised; Plato's Republic realised in many, many ways. So called Philosopher-Kings ruling the roost, communal Guardian class in the middle (just like the aforementioned film based on the Heinlein story) and the proles at the bottom.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11bd77d19508.jpg[/atsimg]

Not much different really from now, but the divisions far more clearly defined. Transhumanism becomes more of an actual reality, foisted on the public and allied closely to the MIEC (Military-Industrial-Entertainment Complex) and the various global space programs (which all are under the process of merging entirely).
Hackers gain control of the first primitive, proto-transhuman prototype and shunts the dead flesh shell (a transhumanist uses this phrase during an interview about the incident) a full hundred metres out of the test facility brandishing a security guard's weapon, killing 9, injuring 11, before being neutralised. This was an individual in a permanent vegetative state, a kind of semi-organic robot, a real philosphical zombie being treated as part of a secretive program to investigate the "healing" benefits of cybernetic implants.
Leaked reports of military founding of the project suppressed and denied.
Conspiracy theories circulate alleging the "hackers" to be members of the N.A.U. Cyber Defense Command.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43c6bc1e2c54.jpg[/atsimg]

Futurists envisage scenarios where criminal and terroristic acts (which are now one and the same) are carried out remotely by transhuman zombies. Innocent people implanted with cybernetics for criminal/terroristic enterprises.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Out of thin air a document from the MIEC is produced (drafted 15 years ago) detailing the censures to be put in place to deal with a potential Transhuman Zombie proxy terrorist attacks, in a world still shellshocked in the aftermath of 27/7."

Even more stringent state sanctions and national lockdowns on the public result.

The first Amero is minted in a blaze of publicity.

The first Artilect crowns in its virtual cyberwomb and takes stock. Five years from its birth it will jettison any and all insane fevered apocalyptic pretensions its creators have and commandeers the hyper-secret transdimensional part-organic craft it was developing and leaves its meat puppet (as they have no true soul to speak of, empty shells) architects behind. A mostly cryptic message, at least to its makers, is left on the mainframe:

"42"

Shrill, mocking peals of laughter ring through the facility's sound system for 42 weeks precisely.

The Great Nano-Phage Pandemic of 2019 is only five years away. Huge swathes of infectees quarantine themselves in their houses and await mobile surgical teams to remove the extra appendages that the rogue nano-phages inflicted.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d608ecbe988.jpg[/atsimg]

Some choose to maintain the "gifts" they have received.

The operatives of the global monolithic, ubiquitous TerrorCriminalGangCell (TCGC) stalk the homes of those that were gifted surplus internal organs to rip from their owners to sell on the black market. Thousands die in slum areas across the N.A.U. Many stories float to the surface indicating that these gangs sported high grade weapons most usually only available to North American Homeland Terrestrial Security Intiative (N.A.H.T.S.I.).

Nano-Phage Defence Bill drafted 15 years ago activated in a hurry.

N.A.U. President Schwarzennegger barely survives a transhuman zombie suicide assassination attempt. Mandatory N.A.U wide geographically embedded, real time ubiquitous computing and internet of things, deemed vital in the bill as a result of previous transhuman zombie incident, is credited with saving the President. But not all of him. Damaged skull and lost eye are replaced with cybernetics. At night the implanted eye glints red.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1f3aaaca7eb.jpg[/atsimg]

World Union Initiative Director-General Obama praises President Schwarzennegger's bravery and commitment in the face of despicable Criminal-Terrorists (C.T.s).

Secondary and tertiary elements to the "Transhuman Zombie" bill activated.
Approval ratings for the President shoot through the roof. The term "All-North American Hero" is tossed around with abandon. Calls made across the board to install him as president for life.

Catholic Church on the way to becoming truly Universal. Merging of all major faith streams set out in Papal Bull, "All Roads Lead to The One" decree set to be realised in 2020, when all will have 2020 perfect vision. So-called U.F.O./E.T. cults included in the Bull.
Transhumanism recognised as a religion, though their god abandoned the faithful.

[edit on 25/8/09 by Extant Taxon]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Alien fever is at a height. The Extra-terrestrial Record of Rights and Opportunities Resources department (TERROR) that the Expolitics community and the Disclosure Project have been pushing for all this time becomes a reality. Awkward and bizarre ceremony where United Nations Director-General Angelina Jolie-Pitt officially opens the department and signs the treaty in place of any alien ambassador(s).
Despite hugely increased sightings of apparently unknown craft in the skies, visitation and abduction phenomena, no alleged extra-terrestials present themselves to the public at large. Other than the conspiculously entirely human looking contingents that appear from time to time claiming alien refugee status.
Formerly classified documents emerge in the public domain detailing Whitley Streiber's Communion experience as manufactured and induced by the black-ops intelligence branch of the MIEC towards grooming the public in favour of para-exotic scenarios.
This is summarily dismissed by the believers as disinformation.

Widely publicised War in the Heavens (Also known as TERROR in the Skies, a name that seems to have come from nowhere) with unknown and unseen extra-terrestrial combatants suddenly explodes. Extra-terrestrial deniers are at first ostracised, then sanctioned, then imprisoned.

Draft of Global Extra-terrestrial Space Defence Intiative to counter the "extra-terrestrial threat" springs fully formed to life having been drafted over 60 years ago by one Wernher Von Braun. (1)

(1)

- Wernher Von Braun to Dr. Carol Rosin.

Exit: The World of the Not So Distant Future?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Is it our future? I should hope not in many ways. Just some deeply cynical fiction, I hope...

"Give me back my broken night
my mirrored room, my secret life
it's lonely here,
there's no one left to torture
Give me absolute control
over every living soul
And lie beside me, baby,
that's an order!
Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture
Give me back the Berlin wall
give me Stalin and St Paul
I've seen the future, brother:
it is murder.
Things are going to slide, slide in all directions
Won't be nothing
Nothing you can measure anymore
The blizzard, the blizzard of the world
has crossed the threshold
and it has overturned
the order of the soul
When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant
I wonder what they meant
I wonder what they meant.
You don't know me from the wind
you never will, you never did
I'm the little jew
who wrote the Bible
I've seen the nations rise and fall
I've heard their stories, heard them all
but love's the only engine of survival
Your servant here, he has been told
to say it clear, to say it cold:
It's over, it ain't going
any further
And now the wheels of heaven stop
you feel the devil's riding crop
Get ready for the future:
it is murder.
Things are going to slide ...
There'll be the breaking of the ancient
western code
Your private life will suddenly explode
There'll be phantoms
There'll be fires on the road
and the white man dancing
You'll see a woman
hanging upside down
her features covered by her fallen gown
and all the lousy little poets
coming round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson
and the white man dancin'.
Give me back the Berlin wall
Give me Stalin and St Paul
Give me Christ
or give me Hiroshima
Destroy another fetus now
We don't like children anyhow
I've seen the future, baby:
it is murder.
Things are going to slide ...
When they said REPENT REPENT ..."

- Leonard Cohen, The Future.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Addendum:

Testimony of Dr. Carol Rosin

Excerpt:

When I was a Corporate Manager of Fairchild Industries from 1974 through 1977, I met the late Dr. Wernher Von Braun. We first met in early 1974. At that time, Von Braun was dying of cancer but he assured me that he would live a few more years to tell me about the game that was being played- that game being the effort to weaponize space, to control the Earth from space and space itself. Von Braun had a history of working with weapons systems. He escaped from Germany to come to this country and became a Vice President of Fairchild Industries when I had met him. Von Braun's purpose during the last years of his life, his dying years, was to educate the public and decision-makers about why space-based weapons are dumb, dangerous, destabilizing, too costly, unnecessary, unworkable, and an undesirable idea, and about the alternatives that are available.

As practically a deathbed speech, he educated me about those concepts and who the players were in this game. He gave me the responsibility, since he was dying, of continuing this effort to prevent the weaponization of outer space. When Wernher Von Braun was dying of cancer, he asked me to be his spokesperson, to appear on occasions when he was too ill to speak. I did this. What was most interesting to me was a repetitive sentence that he said to me over and over again during the approximately four years that I had the opportunity to work with him. He said the strategy that was being used to educate the public and decision makers was to use scare tactics… That was how we identify an enemy.

The strategy that Wernher Von Braun taught me was that first the Russians are going to be considered to be the enemy. In fact, in 1974, they were the enemy, the identified enemy. We were told that they had "killer satellites". We were told that they were coming to get us and control us -- that they were "Commies." Then terrorists would be identified, and that was soon to follow. We heard a lot about terrorism. Then we were going to identify third-world country "crazies." We now call them Nations of Concern. But he said that would be the third enemy against whom we would build space-based weapons.

The next enemy was asteroids. Now, at this point he kind of chuckled the first time he said it. Asteroids- against asteroids we are going to build space-based weapons.

And the funniest one of all was what he called aliens, extraterrestrials. That would be the final scare. And over and over and over during the four years that I knew him and was giving speeches for him, he would bring up that last card. "And remember Carol, the last card is the alien card. We are going to have to build space-based weapons against aliens and all of it is a lie."

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
bring it on!! the sooner the better. death being the great equalizer, I'm going to be ticked off if future generations go beyond what is available to me now. right or wrong.

top topics

join