It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New H1N1 swine flu warning!!! - 90,000 Americans could die, 2 billion worldwide infected...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
NEW H1N1 Swine Flu Warning!!! - 90,000 Americans could die this fall, 2 Billion worldwide could be infected

WASHINGTON - Federal health experts now say it's possible the H1N1 swine flu virus could affect up to half the U.S. population, and there could be as many as 1.8 million hospital visits and 90,000 deaths in the U.S.

Children and young adults could be affected the most by The H1N1 flu virus, or so-called swine flu. Schools are back in session and there is concern the virus could start to spread quickly, and maybe peak before a vaccine is widely available.

"This is not the flu we're used to," said U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sibelius. "We have seen transmission of a virus in a season that is not really flu season."

The president's scientific advisers recommended Monday the government should speed availability of at least a little swine flu vaccine next month instead of in October.

Well America looks like we're in for a very interesting fall..... here we go!!!

CNN Source

[edit on 25-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here is a link to the video... If anybody can upload a better quality video any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a new interesting video about the swine flu vaccine

'Predict that up to 2 BILLION people could get swine flu'

MORE RECENT NEWS
CDC's Advice to Parents: Swine Flu Shots for All

I don't know about anybody else on ATS, but screw getting that vaccine... I would much rather have my body fight off the infection that risk death from the vaccine!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That # seems realistic, and would explain the level of response we are seeing. That is not a huge # really. Consider that around the world, around 150,000 people die every single day. So 90k in an entire flu season from a pandemic is hardly staggering #'s.

But that is probably the most accurate predication I've seen so far, that sounds about right. Just get healthy before the fall everyone.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't see the huge scare for some reason, last I checked this so-called Hamdemic had a 1% mortality rate, that to me makes it a non-event already. There are dozens of things that could break out that are far more deadly than this thing, yet this is what we chose to get our panties in a twist about? I would be far more worried about a Smallpox, Ebola Zaire or Pneumonic Plauge outbreak.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

A resurgence of a stronger and more lethal H1N1 is possible in the winter months ahead, especially if the proper laboratory modifications have been made.

Disappointing numbers for the eugenics bunch I'm sure. They need to reduce the population by many millions.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The H1N1 virus, commonly known as swine flu virus, could infect between 30 percent and 50 percent of the American population during the fall and winter and lead to as many as 1.8 million U.S. hospital admissions, the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology reported.
The report says 30,000 to 90,000 deaths are projected as part of a "plausible scenario" involving large outbreaks at schools, inadequate antiviral supplies and the virus peaking before vaccinations have time to be effective.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

A 1% mortality rate is awful. That's 1% of everyone infected. In the US, with a projected infection rate of 1/3, that means 100 million people would be infected, and a million would die. I'm not sure if that qualifies as an "event" in your view, but to me, losing a million people is a significant "event".

There are deadlier diseases out there, true. But claiming that potentially a million deaths is a "non-event" because some other disease could claim more lives is a non-fact.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

I can deal with the flu, its the poisonous vaccines that are the problem!!

more people need to educate themselves, before they even think about

getting these vaccines for themselves or family members. This is a

serious issue....imo....im a nurse.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by truth/seeker]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I suppose the gov't would know what the numbers would be since they created it to begin with.

What I want to know is how are the schools going to keep up with this?
All the absent teachers?
All the absent students?

How are they going to be able to cover materials and how are the kids going to be able to keep up with the classes, which won't be cancelled, when they miss so much school time?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
DON'T INJECT ME -
The swine flu vaccine song

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Does anyone else find this exciting?

I'm not scared, confused, bored or anything else; just excited.

They sure are selling this whole swine flu as some great event.

Next thing you know you will need tickets to see it unfold.

This fall season promises to be very interesting and I can't wait to see things unfold in real-time 3D technicolor.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
That is low compared to the risk of the vaccine. If 300 million americans take the vaccine and 1% die of the gullian barre. That is 3 million dead; more than the deaths if the virus just runs its course.
In 1976 10% got gullian barre and 1% died. What if their agenda is depopulation by vaccine? They could kill 30 million americas as opposed to less than 100,000.
If more died there would be less people to support and less people to control. I hate to say this but it seems like the government does not care to protect us. If they wanted to protect us we wouldn't see prices increasing or talk of cuts to programs helping the poor.
I am awake now and even if I were not on this site I would still see the same picture.
I hate what the USA and world has become. It is all about money, wealth and power. We live so short why can't we live a good life?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
OK, where did the 1% mortality rate come from? How can they know the mortality rate when they stopped testing ages ago? They've only been testing cases where people are hospitalised and that doesn't give a true count of exactly how many are/have been infected.

Also, how come there hasn't been a rapid rise of cases in Australia, New Zealand and other countries that are already in their flu season? Has there been and it just isn't showing up on the web or MSM? If there has been a rapid rise of cases, in those countries, can someone post links to the information - thanks.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I would like to know more about the vaccines, but I have been very pressed for time lately with college classes starting back up. I have tried looking on these forums and google for vaccine information. But my question to the ATS community is... What, specifically, is dangerous about the H1N1 vaccine on humans and where is the proof?

I would be inclined to believe vaccine information straight from the source (i.e. manufacturers, researches, CDC, WHO...). And the information that I have found from the 'sources' all describes the vaccine as 'safe' and should be taken by everyone. Now I do understand certain conspiracy theories are out there regarding this... But I remember hearing a quote, 'the simplest solution is generally true.' Again this would lead me to believe that this vaccine is safe; however, I do want to be informed before I would ever consider getting the 'shot.'

I am not saying that it isn't potentially dangerous or conspiracy theorists are wrong, but I just haven't had the time to look into it further and I would really appreciate any help about this subject from the ATS community.

Swine Flu Vaccine Seems Safe in Early Trials

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They fired the first shot last night, www.abovetopsecret.com... and then the MSM picked it up this morning. It's interesting to me how "they" start rolling stuff out so that it picks up steam.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't think it's funny. I have a hella nasty cold right now....as does my wife and kid. We all feel like garbage and seeing the swine flu crap all over tv doesn't ease my nerves.

We can all say the numbers are small or not...but the fact is it won't matter if you or someone you love dies from it.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Are you unconvinced with the MSM's reporting of Swine Flu and H1N1 deaths/infections? Take a look at Brazil and Argentina, each with 557 and 439 casualties each (in that order). Brazil has had more deaths than the entire US. And they are not seeing a decline in deaths and infections like North America saw. If it comes North again, it could get really bad.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Is the source really that credible? After all its an MSN news outlet which is clearly pro-vaccine.

In my eyes this is fear mongering so people are alarmed into getting the vaccine.

Do you trust government "stats"?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

If someone you know and love dies from the vaccine, would that have less of an effect on you than if they died of influenza?

Nobody is saying that the people who have died from swine flu don't matter. We just don't want even more people to die from a repeat of the 1976 fiasco.

36,000 Americans die from the seasonal flu every year. Nearly all very old or with compromised immune systems. And those deaths matter, because those people's lives matter. But it's not a pandemic. That is what happens every year.

People who are healthy to begin with aren't in much danger from the seasonal flu, and while the swine flu is worse, plenty of healthy people have caught it and recovered.

It's all a matter of calculating odds. I'm not getting the vaccine. I'm going to eat fruits and veggies, take a multi-vitamin, and get lots of exercise. I'm young. I'll be okay. I might get sick, and that will suck, but GBS would suck al lot worse.

new topics

top topics

join