It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 days of my FAST

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I would fast every now and again for health purposes, rather than weight loss. I would do this every 2 - 3 months for about 48 hours at a time. After the first day (of complete abstinence, you actually do not feel hungry)!

However, the fasting I do is based around water fasting, with some fruit juices (i.e. fresh apple juice or smoothies) to perk up or clean the system. Here is a link to some of the health issues and benefits associated with fasting. Fasting

If you really want a no-nonsense approach to (safe) weight loss, then I would strongly suggest you try the McDougal Plan. I know it sounds alittle cheesy, but it works for all the right reasons.

Basically, it is a strict vegan diet you take for about 2 weeks. After that, you will feel lighter, flexible, more alive, happy and healthy. It will also rejuvinate your bodily functions whilst loosing weight. It costs considerably less than meat and fish-based meals also!

Negatives are the complete elimination of all things meat / fish and dairy!!
Even coffe / sugar etc goes. Milk is replaced with soya (or soy) milk.

30 minutes exercise each day (preferably cariovascular-based such as a brisk walk / cycle etc) will assist greatly.
As per the meal plans he offers (see 'free program'), you don't need to stick to them, just use your own imagination whilst staying away from the negatives above.

It is a high carb diet (complex carbs), therefore wholegrains (brown rice / pasta / speghitti), baked potatoes, pulses etc are the foundation of any meal. Just add sauce and some veg and thats it! Eat plenty if you wish - it's all good.

Give it a try, its only 2 weeks and it does generate good results, both physically and psychologically.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Thanks for that link Breifne. An all carb diet does have an appeal for me.
To be honest I am astonished at the way I'm losing weight with this Slimfast, V8 diet. Seldom hungry, feeling sharp as a tack and my libido is off the chart.

But what's up with the ringing in the ears.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Breifne

Thanks for that link Breifne. An all carb diet does have an appeal for me.
To be honest I am astonished at the way I'm losing weight with this Slimfast, V8 diet. Seldom hungry, feeling sharp as a tack and my libido is off the chart.

But what's up with the ringing in the ears.

Your welcome.

I would be careful with the slimfast - it's ad hoc only. What happens when its use is stopped? I havent heard any stories with that one.

The high carb plan means that the complex carbs are slowly broken down and energy released into the system. It's great for a longer lasting effect without feeling the need or urge to eat or snack. I'm still on that plan after 5 months and would not try anything else - its a 'eat to be healthy' thang.

Whats with the ringing in the ears? (I missed that one)!

Cheers

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I really really suggest weight wathers. I know people associate it with a bunch of grannies but it is the most effective program out there.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
My buddy just lost a bunch of weight from doing a few things.
He bought an eplictical training machine and uses it for 20 minutes in the morning while watching the morning news.
I told him to quit eating breads and my rule is if its white it is fattening.(usually)
He went from 275 to 220 by just changing a few small habits.
Read all the labels and ingrediants b4 buying something as well.
For instance...you can easily eat those ribs...just use a different sauce thats less fattening.
Something my buddy also did was instead of ordering a pizza,now he makes his own flat bread pizzas that have waaaaay less calories.

Just do it differently then you use to.
Even alcohol...instead of a pile of beers,just have a few shots instead.
If you change the little things and stick to it,time will be your friend as far as the weight coming off.
Good luck man,were all pushing for you.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Thanks, Day five and I'm beginning to get real grouchy. My girl friends keep teasing me with tacos and other spicy things.

Pray for me people, I don't know how much longer I can hold out!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hello again!

Just personal opinion here again....but I dont think staying away from all solid food is a great idea. I could see it for a few days....but your body needs certain things to function. I dont think it would be a bad for you to eat...just choose wisely.

If you really want to gain control of the weight issue....let me advise...this is never a temporary thing. Controlling weight is a change of lifestyle and it needs consistency. That doesnt mean you cant enjoy your favorites now and then! The body does not do well if it is depressed or stressed...and its likely you might become both of those things with too much force.

Choose a veggie taco....choose the salads and baked potatoes....have your pizza...but limit your portion and make pizza a 'special reward' being that it doesnt give you much nutrition. Look at it this way...consider that what you put in your body is because you love your body! The rewards are only for our pleasure of taste buds. I choose to eat small portions through out the day...never getting totally full during the day but I know there is enough food in me for what I need. In the evening I treat myself to a full meal....but sometimes this meal in itself is small. Dont deprive yourself!! Love yourself!!

Just personal ideas...only take what resonates to be right with you....

Take care
LV

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Will I make a spiritual connection thru fasting? How long should it take? Are there
any dangers? etc.

And any other information on fasting would be greatly appreciated.

whaaa

Theese people have had supernatural experiences with God and fasting, and they give advice about it here:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the enlightening responses. I made it thru day 5 without solid food and lost about 5 lbs. but I doubt I can keep it off for long as my immediate social group really likes to eat, drink alcohol, go to movies and little else.

My future plans are not to eat junk food, no beer, no grande late, and go to the gym and work out. Usually at the gym I just swim a few laps and sit in the jucuzzii and gab with all the other old farts and fartettes.

<< 1   >>

join