It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving Disaster - Subliminal Propaganda.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I first decided I would take a moment to write this thread after seeing an advert for a new Spike TV Show entitled "Surviving Disaster". Not to long ago I read a thread which the author claimed to be noticing movies and TV preparing us for some sort of doomsday scenario.

Which is why I initially decided that I should bring up this new show that was coming out. But as I actually took a moment to look into the show, and took the time to watch the 7 minute preview, I quickly realized that this is nothing more than extremely flashy propaganda.

This show is simply another way in which people are going to be taught to fear everyday situations. Increase their anxiety and fear of those situations, and influence people to look to their peers as the enemy. Take a moment now to watch the short preview, then refer back to this page as I go step by step through the short preview and highlight the issues.

Link.

This weeks topic - Terrorist Plane Hi-jacking

According to the start of the preview, there are 25,000 flights per day across the United States (9 million+ / year). There's over 2.5 million flights each month world wide. Each year approximately 25,000,000 flights are flown.

"In 1979 there were three fatal accidents per million flights, compared with one fatal accident per two million flights by last year, according to International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) figures. " Source

So statistically, flying is by far the safest way to travel. So why then, do we need an entire show dedicated to telling us how to survive a hi-jacking? When we have almost as much luck as winning the lottery?

Highlights, 1:30-2:30 of the video

- They first start by telling us that it is impossible for terrorists to smuggle bombs or guns on to planes, thanks to advanced screening technology.

- Then it gets dicey, his next comment says "the biggest threat is human ingenuity". He claims that YOU are the greatest defense against this.

He goes on to say, "don't be paranoid, but as you go through security keep an eye on anyone acting suspicious". As if we no longer have any security at the airports. Bombs and guns, easily detected, but the guards apparently don't have eyes to spot people "acting suspiciously" ... or who fit a stereotypical profile.

Highlights, 2:30-3:30 of the video

Brian Jenkins of the Rand Corporation comes on to state "We cant focus our efforts on one group, like wild eyed arabs, the truth is that terrorists can come in any shape or form".

This is interesting, because publicly and according to the official historical accounts, those seem to be the only type of people blamed for terrorist activity.

This is interesting because since 911 we've been slammed with all this politically correct garbage, and 'equality' and told to end 'racism' against minorities, mainly Muslims.

So according to history arabs are the official "terrorists", yet we're told to not put them under the microscope because we don't want to offend anybody. Which is fair, but you must understand the underlying issue this creates. Which is that by turning the focus off of a specific group, everyone becomes a potential terrorist.

Then we get the following, "helpful" instructions.

- As you board the plane, make a mental map of your surroundings.
- Know where you are in relation to the cockpit, and how many people are on board and how many empty seats.
- You wanna pay attention to body language, maybe theyre going out of their way to avoid eye contact.

He then goes on to say "stay alert and you'll stay alive" as if your chances of this scenario occurring are better than 50/50. This show has single-handedly turned it's viewers into spies against an enemy that does not exist.

Highlights, 6:00-7:00 of the video

After a couple minutes of watching the scenario unfold and the hijackers take over the pilot and murder a passenger.

Mr. Jenkins is back with this tidbit "911 changed everything, prior it was best to stay passive, but now we know terrorists are going to sabotage the aircraft or deliberately crash the aircraft... that provides a great incentive for people to take immediate action"

Fast forward to the ending and we're given the following scenario:

"F16's are scrambled to shoot you down".

Now, on 911, we had 4 apparent hijackings yet according to official records not one was intercepted in over an hour. So prior to 911, a perfect interception track record, and now were told if our plane is ever hijacked, F16's are coming to intercept and shoot down the plane. Go figure.

This show is just yet another example of how people are taught to fear everyday situations. It subliminally gives us the impression that we are not safe, and "terrorists" could strike us at any given moment. Even going so far as to suggest that everyday people should be the "eyes and ears" of airport security taking note of any "suspicious" persons.

After all, that is the best choice right, having a group of ignorant, biased Americans frustrated at the airport, doing passive "security observations". Can't see anything wrong with that myself.

Thus, the reason I took the time to explain this bit for you guys was so that you more readily question why you are being shown something. Has all the money gone into making this show to educate us for the astronomical coincidence that it's our plane that gets hijacked? I personally don't think so.

It also doesn't help that Spike TV is home to other amazingly educational shows such as "Manswers", which for anyone who looks at it objectively. Is easily outted as a tool of dumbing down the general male population into ignorant ass holes. Of course the show features beautiful women interacting with fat ugly men, simulating reality.

Question everything, and don't forget to THINK it's not quite illegal. Just yet.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by king9072]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Some more subliminal propaganda programming-Survivor Island, Man v. Wild, Survivorman just off the top of my head. Don't watch t.v. anymore but dating back years b4 this last year is what i can recall.Peace.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
Some more subliminal propaganda programming-Survivor Island, Man v. Wild, Survivorman just off the top of my head. Don't watch t.v. anymore but dating back years b4 this last year is what i can recall.Peace.

I can not agree with you that Survivor man has any relation to the show I am talking about above.

The difference being to me, is that survivor man focuses on how to survive without society in remote locations. Locations that one could find themselves in during many outdoor activities. Far more plausible in my opinion since people can lost hunting or camping or kayaking etc.

Additionally, those type of shows aren't creating a fear inside people of these catastrophic events. Not to mention they do not buff political propaganda and false history by portraying something as reality when it practically never will be. Not to mention turning people into spies against their fellow citizens.

So I can't agree, but i do agree with you pertaining to TV being complete garbage. The only issue is that people are not going to suddenly stop watching TV, thus it's better to highlight issues to show how peoples perceptions are altered and shaped.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

The correlation i was making was in general terms of the idea of surviving that has been a reoccuring theme among some msm programming. Also I don't think all t.v. is garbage but it does have its fare share.Peace ciao

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I challenge someone to name a show on television that's not bought, paid for, and produced by those who seek to destroy the common man.

Strong words? Sure. Watch all you want. I don't subscribe.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

I agree with You a 100%
King,

first off S&F. Next, I would watch the thread, but crud like that just pisses me off. I would have to agree about the subliminal nature of tv, and movies. I've always seen the propaganda, but it had been tolerable.

Now??? OMG, I cannot hardly watch tv anymore. The amount of spy on each other, or ******sell Your buddy down the river****** flicks is overwhelming. Oh, I forgot the po-lice shows where We are being indoctrinated into the numerous "lawful" actions of po-lice; of course they have to be true as many of the shows like, "law & order", "criminal victims Unit", etc all claim to come from real accounts.

I think my worst blow came when deciding to watch movies from the 40's, and 50's only to discover the underlying conditioning for the mechanisms of control then.

Heck, now that I'm tired, and thinking about it, I'm not very much fun to watch the boobtube with; because I point out all the things You've just mentioned...............
no wonder the boobtube stays off

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Its just a show.

Just like Manswers is just a show. Some of it is entertaining and some of it isn't.

I think you might be looking to deep into it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
HA HA HA HA HA towards the end of the clip the "Ex-Navy Seal" says something like "the time to take action is NOW".
I was kind of waiting for him to bust out some Chuck Norris stuff

This show looks so stupid

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas

Actually survivorman is a great show. If you are at all intersted in learning about surviving in the wild you should watch. I've learned some awesome tips, like how to start a fire w/ an empty lighter and some fluff from your socks. What to eat or drink and not. When I go camping I always bring some vaseline for the fire encase there's rain. Etc etc.

This is more the survival type material people need, not the hyped baloney this thread is about.

Though I agree w/ not watching television. For the most part the exception is a couple OLN and foodnetwork, discovery programs.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by JustG]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I like survivorman ,Man v. wild the thing I was saying was I noticed an increase in the survivor theme.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Brian Jenkins of the Rand Corporation comes on to state "We cant focus our efforts on one group, like wild eyed arabs, the truth is that terrorists can come in any shape or form".

[edit on 25-8-2009 by king9072]

This is as far as you need to go. Knowing the Rand Corporation is involved is as good as putting a disclaimer at the start that says: "Advisory. All information in the following show is the opposite of what you should do in any given situation."

For those unfamiliar, go ahead and check them out yourself.www.rand.org...

Their long tentacles reach into nearly every area of our government....

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

This show is just yet another example of how people are taught to fear everyday situations. It subliminally gives us the impression that we are not safe, and "terrorists" could strike us at any given moment. Even going so far as to suggest that everyday people should be the "eyes and ears" of airport security taking note of any "suspicious" persons.

You do not need that type of show to accomplish that goal. Last year, while transiting in between flights in Detroit, there was a message blaring through the airport announcement speakers at some 5 minutes intervals, something like, from memory..."Please be on the look out of suspicious looking passengers, activities, suspicious luggage and report them to airport security "

I rarely watch Spike, beside for the occasional 1000 ways to die (mostly darwin award cases) Voyager and the once in a while interesting TV movie. Got to admit tho, in their ad, they are politically correct toward plane terrorists by calling them zealots

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Aw man, I totally wanted to watch that, maybe not now. Already learned negociating though Ill do fine

I do like Survivorman I thought I knew a lot but he filled in a lot of blanks for me
Think his name is Les I would love to go on a hike with him, of all people!

new topics

top topics

join