It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No social security increase for 2010 and 2011.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I want to start a petetion going somehow to stop any more utlity hikes and to recquire all utlities to have plans for those who live on less than $1,000/month.
I think $60/month for electrcity is reasonable not $120!
What do I do how do I fight. I don't care if it puts me in danger I want to fight for true freedom.

Good luck Obama and the Demoncraps have shut down the oil field. A hell of a lot of people lost their jobs that day when He was elected and it has nothing to do with the economy. The also shut down the lease sales meaning oil exploration has been shut down also... But here is the funny thing He screwed over our workers but then turned around and gave Brazil 100's of billions of dollars so they can explore for oil and gas.....

So might as well get used to rising costs because its going to get worse. If anything I would prepare for shortages because thats what I see coming.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jkm1864

This will be a vicous cycle because if prices go up I will need more money to support myself.(as will everyone.) I am applying for any type of part-time work although I already have a job.
I am willing to work more but like I said earlier I can't make over so much or I lose a lot of benefits.
This is just going to bring me back to my earlier point: There must be an increase in SS; the employees who work for SS also get the same increase as those on SS. So if there is no increase than the workers will not get a raise either.
I read on the SS site that an increase must be greater than zero. Meaning there has to be at least a small increase even if it is .05%.
Based on past figures I would guess it would at least be 1 to 2 %. Which isn't much that would mean I would get $12.00 but I that $12 would sure help!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
They are also trying to reduce and take away certian benefits. I hate these programs that give benefits yet take them away so quickly.
My benefits are being reveiwed as we speak. I don't mind if they reduce my food stamps. I don't want then taken away 100% nor my medical benefits.
They said I was ineligble for so many benefits due to a new law regarding college students. It seems like we are in for a rough time. More and more people will lose benefits. The cost of living will rise and then what are we to do.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Dreamseeker, Who did you see to review your situation?? My son is also having a very hard time providing for his family and trying to go to school too. I am in no position to be able to help him.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwize

My case manager at my county office for family and senior services. I am on disablity. There is a way to get more money for college loans. He needs to contact his school to get more information. There are Pell grants to help in some situations.
College loans are mainly educational but you can use 40-60% for living expenses if need be. All eductional expenses must be paid first including books.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join