It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Offer Seniors 'Health Care Bill of Rights'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Story Here

WASHINGTON -- Republicans are targeting older Americans worried about President Barack Obama's health overhaul plans with a "seniors' health care bill of rights."

The six principles outlined Monday by the Republican National Committee include protecting Medicare, prohibiting rationing of health care based on age and making sure government doesn't get between seniors and their doctors.

The Obama administration has insisted repeatedly that it doesn't want to shrink Medicare benefits, ration care or reduce the role of doctors. But polls have shown that Americans, and older Americans in particular, still have significant concerns about Democratic health care proposals.

Interesting. If this passes (and I doubt it will) then it could interfere with some of the health care rationing panels that Obamacare would end up requiring.

I also think this is the first shot fired for the 2010 election cycle.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Excellent. This bill of rights pertains to another thread that I have been reading.
www.abovetopsecret.com... regarding medicare.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Jim Demint also has Health Care Freedom Act of 2009 S. 1324: 111th Congress

It's a great bill

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
OK That sound nice and peachy, it means that still we will be paying by force for Medicare and Medicaid, so The Republican bill is just supporting the leaching of tax payer while keeping the new leaching program as the new health care reform.

Now how about Military personnel, how about our rights like keeping existing Medicare programs like Tricare humana.

You know Humana is not free we pay deductibles and fees just like private insurance.

top topics

join