It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More MSNBC attacks on Americans: Dont agree with Obama's plan? You're undermining the country!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
FOX News (i.e. Hannity, O'Reilly, etc.) said the exact same thing to liberals when they "undermined" Bush. The conservative pundits said it made our country look weak and that was an unpatriotic thing to do in a time of war. Now they call themselves Patriots for questioning the gov't.

So now MSNBC is doing it because there's a democratic Prez in office.

Don't worry...

It will all switch back when a republican prez is in office.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Exactly!

But people keep playing the libs vs. conservatives game.

To some of those on this thread who are all sorts of offended and appalled by this type of "journalism":

Do you REALLY not see that the EXACT same thing happened to the liberals when Bush was prez? I mean, you can't be that blind...right?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Show me a picture of Obama and his family, and I'll say "Looks like a nice guy with a happy family." Show me his accomplishments, friends, associates, and background, and I'll say "I wouldn't want this guy elected as dog catcher, much less the President of the United States of America."

LOL...If you gave the Karl Rove prodiges 24 hours to summerize your own "accomplishments, friends, associates, and background" ....

I have no doubt you would passionately hate yourself and turn yourself into the FBI for being anti-american immediately.

Really...lets think for ourselves...if for no other reason than to try something new?

Are we back to the whole "friends" and "associates" smear campaign? Is the "he was born in Kenya" thing not working out?

Why not call him a terrorist for fist-bumping...that sounds like fun.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by maybereal11]

[edit on 25-8-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Reminds me exactly of the sort of things that happened during Bush. People were attacked for being Un-American if they didn't support the war or Bush's policies.

It truly is sad in this country that we are wrapped up in the right-left illusion we have forgotten that we are all, at our core, Americans and should be able to get along despite differences of opinion...

The MSM is just a tool to further divide up the nation and place people in a tiny partisan box.

Its also sad how much power we've given this administration and how easy they've had it up til now, reminds me of how easy Bush pushed through his police state agenda after 911...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artephius Abraxas Helios
reply to post by Wimbly

MSNBC does occasionally attack the Dems as well. Matthews is a conservative on most issues.

The man who said he got a tingle up his leg when Obama was elected is a conservative?!?! PUH..LEEZE!! Thousands of comedians outta work and here you are trying to be funny.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

If I was running for high office, I would fully expect the opposition to look into my background. I would also expect the media to follow up on it. Too bad this didn't happen to Mr. Obama. I guess they didn't want to be perceived as racist?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Danang71

Most people felt it was definitely a unique moment regardless of who they voted for. There were members of my immediate family who actually campaigned for McCain that were moved to tears during Obama's inauguration. For many, the moment had much less to do with the man himself and more to do with America showing that we were finally crossing a threshold and ready to move beyond simple racism. Matthew's comments likely had something to do with that feeling, though I take it you did not feel the same.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

The title of your thread is seriously misleading.

He did not insinuate what you are trying to say he did. He is discussing the toxic partisanship of congress right now.

Stating that undermining the president is undermining the country is a President specific statement regardless of the administration currently in the White House, not an Obama specific statement. Frankly I disagree with that mentality as well, but congress shouldn't be undermining ANY branch of government. They should be working together to help the little people, US.

This was about the continuing war in Washington, and quite frankly he makes a good point. They don't get along and simply want Obama to fail. That does undermine the well being of the citizens who need a congress who does something other than bicker.

That was the point. Sheesh.

P.S. I don't support practically any of Washington's behaviors at this time, and I don't wish to be lumped on to a side simply because I don't agree with the OP.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Jesus, why the outrage?

When folk spoke out about the war against terrorism, you called them "unamerican" and so many other slurs. Yet when the boot is on the other foot, you're bitching? They are just using the same tactics as the last administration and dare I say more effectively.

They are all the same.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Hhahaha a republican talking sense for once.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Their just jealous they can't play the power card anymore... a sad fact to be so juvenile.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

When folk spoke out about the war against terrorism, you called them "unamerican" and so many other slurs. Yet when the boot is on the other foot, you're bitching? They are just using the same tactics as the last administration and dare I say more effectively.

They are all the same.

Please, show us all where ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN were all working off the same narrative and attacking anti-Bush protesters. You wont be able to though, because it never happened. The only time I can think of Fox going after protesters were times like when Code pink attacked Marines as murderers and tried to kick them out of Berkly.

Now what you have is the same MSM who defended anti-Bush protesters for 8 years are now the ones attacking huge swaths of this country as right wing extremists, racists and general maniacs. I'm sorry, but that never happened under Bush. You guys are revising history.

Even if you were right, how would that make whats going on now ok?

reply to post by GideonHM

The title of your thread is seriously misleading.

He did not insinuate what you are trying to say he did. He is discussing the toxic partisanship of congress right now.

Its not misleading. MSNBC and allt he other networks have been on this narrative for weeks now. Dean was just playing along and clearly saying that anyone who disagrees with NHC is "undermining the country. If you want I can post at least 10 clips of Mathews and other network news using this same line of reasoning as a way to demonize anyone who shows up to protest this so called "reform".

reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Reminds me exactly of the sort of things that happened during Bush. People were attacked for being Un-American if they didn't support the war or Bush's policies.

Another person who seems to be confused about history. Please, could you prove that Bush did anything like this white house and media combined? When did Bush call out private citizens by name and then proceed to smear them? When did ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN team up to share a narrative that both anti-Bush/war protesters were left wing racists or extremists?

Whats going on now is brand new. I'm a journalist and live in the industry, so I know what I'm talking about. Bush on many occasions openly supported his critics right to protest and never demeaned their intelligence or motives.

Bush wasn't perfect, but you just aren't getting your facts straight. It seems like a lot of you are going based off what Jon Stewart tells you. Thats not a great idea.

By the way, I'm a HUGE MST3K fan, so at least we have that.

EDIT: I don't recommend watching it, but did anyone see hardball tonight? Mathews was in full attack mode, drumming up some real fear about normal Americans who disagree with Obama. The guy lies through his teeth and excludes facts that aren't convenient. I'll post clips when they're out.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
nobody watches msnbc - he might as well say it in the shower.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There you go bad mouthing the left when the right is just as fanatical ala Glenn Beck, Shawn Hannity etc. etc. the list goes on . the right is as hyporitical as the rest what makes you guys the right ones and the other side not? What is your solution to the woes of this country ? I dont see the Republicans jumping up and provide feasable solutions to any problem. Name calling, scaring old people. denying families affordable health care. obstructionism and not to mention when the so called religious right invokes the name of God for destruction and not for compassion ,unity and love that's not biblical now is it? Man open your eyes for yourself dont let talking heads making millions of dollsrs to stir people up, do all the thinking for you. And the funny part of all this is the very ones who cry , protest the loudest and complain are the first in line to partake.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Even if you were right, how would that make whats going on now ok?

Sorry but the politicians are the ruling class and everyone has eaten the
sandwich that they serve. I mean, I always thought Scotland had it quite bad when it came to dumb ass numptie politicians, but you guys take the cake. Doesn't make it right, but then again, it's just the same BS. Rhyme without reason.

[edit on 25/8/09 by MacDonagh]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Let them Keep talking... Only going to Hurt them in the long run.

Let them continue to Diss the Americans.

Just let them piss the public off and cause social turmoil...

I mean after all, isnt that what they want? war? (civil war?)

everyone and everything has a limit, even if its towards infinity, theres still a limit somewhere, and when that limit is reached with the American people... then they will get what they want, civil war, martial law, and a good reason to start locking us in camps...

I smell a trap...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
"Republicans and Democrats use to be able to have a sane conversation..."

Howard Dean SAID that!!!

He wouldn't know a sane conversation if it dropped from 30,000 feet and squashed his foot.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

You honestly think that no one said anti-war protesters, aka liberal terrorist sympathizers, were undermining the country when Bush was prez?

Transcript where Hannity says an anti-war protester is undermining the troops AND Bush:

Transcript on Fox News

MAILER: You have the right to be wrong. And I can be wrong and I can be right. I was not mocking the soldiers who were fighting. I was a soldier, after all, along with a good many other people.

HANNITY: You're undermining them, though. You're undermining their leader.

Some other quotes:

“The left has a disdain for the military... They’re dangerous... trying to undermine the will of the American people." Tom DeLay, 10/31/06

"That’s your Party that undermines our troop morale and emboldens our enemies," Sean Hannity, 2/1/08.

Edit to add more:

mediamatters.org

O'REILLY: And when he [Durbin] went out there, his intent was to whip up the American public against the Bush detainee policy. That's what his intent was. His intent wasn't to undermine the war effort, because he never even thought about it. He never even thought about it. But by not thinking about it, he made an egregious mistake because you must know the difference between dissent from the Iraq war and the war on terror and undermining it. And any American that undermines that war, with our soldiers in the field, or undermines the war on terror, with 3,000 dead on 9-11, is a traitor.

Everybody got it? Dissent, fine; undermining, you're a traitor. Got it? So, all those clowns over at the liberal radio network, we could incarcerate them immediately. Will you have that done, please? Send over the FBI and just put them in chains, because they, you know, they're undermining everything and they don't care, couldn't care less.

I think it's crap when anyone tries to say that disagreeing with the prez is unpatriotic or undermining our country/troops/safety. It's just a way to rally people. Neither the right or the left are immune to it.

And now, the left is calling protesters unpatriotic but when they dissented it was the most patriotic thing in the world. when will the madness end?

[edit on 25-8-2009 by nunya13]

[edit on 25-8-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

I'm tired of this. As an American who doesn't trust most republicans or democrats, where were you Republicans when Fox news was doing the same thing with those who didn't agree with Bush's policies? You were agreeing with Fox news. Don't you get it!!!? It's a game and you're being played.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artephius Abraxas Helios
reply to post by Danang71

Most people felt it was definitely a unique moment regardless of who they voted for. There were members of my immediate family who actually campaigned for McCain that were moved to tears during Obama's inauguration. For many, the moment had much less to do with the man himself and more to do with America showing that we were finally crossing a threshold and ready to move beyond simple racism. Matthew's comments likely had something to do with that feeling, though I take it you did not feel the same.

Oh boy, just what we need! Another apologist for the left-wing leg tingler Chris Matthews. I'm sure he doesn't need any help explaining how deeply in love with the Obama administration he is, and to call him a conservative is akin to calling Rush Limbaugh a liberal.

Wimbley's original post was right on the money. MSNBC and Matthews have become nothing more than a propaganda arm of the Obama administration and anyone with a brain can see through it.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Danang71]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join