It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd-looking Military Aircraft in the Alaskan Wilderness

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

the JSF F-35 is not yet in active service.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I Just wanted to give an update and talk about something odd that happened to me last week.

I just recently went on vacation to do some halibut fishing in Valdez during the long memorial day weekend. We had a great time and the weather was completely clear, the water in Prince Williams sound was like glass for most of the day. The boat captain said it was so calm it was wierd!

We actually fished off of Smith Island and quickly caught our limit of halibut. We were there with another couple from here in Fairbanks and they also quickly caught their limit and then we started catching some pretty large pacific cod. About the time we started catching the cod (About 930 AM) we heard an EXTREMELY loud thundering sound coming directly from the West of our position across Prince Williams Sound. The thundering sound was continuous for approximately 3-4 minutes before dying down and disappearing completely to the Northwest. Whatever it was, it was apparently West of us traveling at a high rate of speed to the North.

The thundering roar was so loud we actually thought it might have been a sonic boom but that didn't really make sense given the long duration. Me and the captain were looking to the West while it was going on when I said: "I'm just waiting to see a wall of water coming this way". It was honestly that loud. We saw absolutely no aircraft at all and we were looking too. We expected to see something because of how loud it was.

The captain had no idea what it could have been. He was a pretty experienced fishing charter captain who had been guiding fishing trips in Prince Williams Sound for about 5 years. He said he'd never heard anything quite like it!

We started joking that it was probably some super-secret aircraft noone's ever heard of before. Then I thought about ATS and this very thread in particular (I know, I thought of you guys while I was having the perfect fishing trip!!). Just thought I would share my experience with you guys, maybe get your take. But like I said, it was pretty much completely clear sky. Whatever it was.. It was extremely loud and extremely high up.

After the experience I had a little smile on my face because of what I do for a living and because I know that the Air Force and the military in general is expanding it's facilities and capabilties up here. Then I remembered one of the recent projects I worked on that was classified. All I'm saying guys, everything we've been talking about with UAV's and UCAV's.. It definately appears that powers are at work to ensure Interior Alaska plays a key role in development and testing. They definately have the perfect place to do it too!

-ChriS

[edit on 6-6-2010 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

What date specificley was this please , approx time?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
reply to post by BlasteR

What date specificley was this please , approx time?

It was Saturday, May 29th on memorial day weekend @ about 930AM. Wasn't sure the exact time. Whatever it was we couldn't see it. We looked for any sign of an aircraft flying over but saw nothing.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I go with the UAVs.....
whats that?
Autonomous UAVs!
Ive got a feeling we are seeing what we have tucked away for emergencies....
I think these things are autonomous planes with robotic brains.
They are small because they have no life support systems...the job of keeping pilots alive under the G forces faster aircraft produce, has become redundant with robotics.
Thus the reduced size but id bet no reduced capacity!
They probably can send those up at 10 min notice, and a briefing is only a ten second upload....
It makes ultimate sense that the new warfighting aircraft be totally self contained systems with the brain abooard because the speeds and complexities of the operation would not allow radio control like the drones oiperate.
I be these operate independantly of human control other than in flight changes to mission parameters....
The idea is far cheaper to operate, and highly efficient given sufficient computing power...(we have adaquate stuff nowadays though)
Imagine having a squadron of interceptors that can take down a flight of bears all by themselves without a human hand on a stick........
the advantages of robotic controls with no human pilot are so many and varied it begs for implementation...
IMHO here you have it.

ADVANTAGES TO ROBOTIC FREE WILL AIRCRAFT>

Size...
they would be smaller thus cheaper to fly faster...less fuel....
Eliminate all pilot survival gear....plus pilot(at millions to keep trained and flying...)
Cheaper to produce for the obvious reasons....
Thus more planes in the air for the $ spent....allowing for superior numbers...vital in warfighting....
Quick reaction times as noted...
Less resources to build saves war materiale......
The advantage of being able to actually kamikaze your aopponents would be tremendous...
especially when battle damage becomes critical to mission success....!
All around, the robotic interceptor is long overdue on the scene, and becuse the military is so far advanced from civilian stuff its a good bet they already have them....
Im sure you can think of many more advantages of flying at least in part a robotic airforce.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by stirling]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Thanks for your post.

I think you are on the right track. I say this for a few reasons..

1. The size of the aircraft is unlike anything else we've been able to find in our entire military inventory and the compact dimensions of the aircraft would seemingly point to a smaller UAV-type airframe.

2. Because of the work that I do here in Alaska I know that military installations here in the interior of Alaska are laying the groundwork for housing and flying more and more UAV's. Some of the sites I'm referring to are not even on Google earth yet because they're so new.

I cannot tell you where these sites are located due to the sensitivity of that information but I will tell you I've seen proof that military installations up here are making sure they have some kind of infrastructure in place to handle more and more UAV operations. When the sites DO show up on google earth, if you're looking near the actual runways at these bases in you won't find the sites I'm referring to.

Please also see my previous posts pertaining to the UAV recovery nets I found in google earth just a few miles NW from the location of these aircraft.
Because that, in itself, is almost a little too coincidental.. Everyone keeps saying it's just a bomb range which does not explain the small UAV recovery nets which are all about 30-40 feet wide nor the clearly marked approach lanes leading directly to the nets.

-ChriS

[edit on 12-7-2010 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
in response to the 2 mile air strip and it being able to have the space shuttle land on it.....yeah it could be a UAV not trying to disagree with obviously more intelligent people here but.... what if its not an aircraft perse and its some kind of Space fighter or a craft thats capible of escapeing earths orbit and designed to use kenetic kill weapons ala rods from god? i mean correct me if im wrong but wasent the U2 almost able to leave earths atmosphere couldnt it be coated in a more advanced version of what we put on the shuttle to facilitate re-entry i know the logistics and fuel requirements would be diffrent if not impossible just throwing ideas out there for all we know it use's some kind of powerplant that isnt public ie nuclear or some other nonsense im not military but i am a sci fi nerd so im just secretly hopeing we have space fighters as that would kinda give our country one heck of an atvantage and if we had this capiblity we sure as heck wouldnt make it well known to ANY one

debunk me or go with it i dont care i just wanan learn and hear others opinions
PLEASE let these be space planes please please please

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
tyup I think I've been there as well when i was stationed at Wainwright, We'd do field training at Greeley when it was still an active post (closed in 1995

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

www.manta.com... thats all the infp i could find on that for ya

www.53.com.../wps/wcm/connect/FifthThirdSite/CommercialArea/Equipment+Leasing/ and on the bank interestingly enough you can get your own mastercard from them so i dunno seems legit but its all heavy construction and lending services respectively

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

there was more then one sullivan brother and they all died on that ONE navy ship so mayby they decided to spread out the "sullivan afb's to make sure "all the sullivans" dont get taken out in one fell swoop

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
dang i wanted theories don't want this thread to die cuz of its age! some one has to have the info some where wheres the poster what new gems can you give us i crave knowledge

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Cool. I took a look around the area on Google Maps and noticed a line due south and slightly to the west of the co-ordinates you posted. Couldn't resolve the detail of that area on Google so I tried Bing maps and found another lone runway and more jets. Co-ordinats are:

63° 56'39.00"N 146°23'04.48"W.

Allen AFB is East of that location.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
MolecularPhd started a thread called UFO Truth Revaled. He stated he worked at three locations involved in "alien technology". I found one: Raven Rock Mountain Complex in PA. Two of them I couldn't find. One of these two is supposed to be in Aladka. Could this be the place?

Originally posted by MolecularPhD
posted on 7/5/2010 @ 10:13 PM

"The first of these to be built was in 1946 in the Northern Mountains of New Mexico by Bechtel Corp. near El Vado Lake, NM."

"...the third base was built in 1953 and run by Army Intelligence near Ft. Greely Alaska; to this day; I would say this is the most secure and established advanced technologies center that the US Government has to offer; having worked there myself on many occasions."

[edit on 7/12/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Actually, Donnelly Training Area is larger than it has ever been before and the runway in the images I posted IS on part of this governemnt land that encompasses Donnelly Training area.

We now know the runway is used for training purposes (landings, takeoffs and other purposes) but the lack of bomb, artillery and explosives craters proves the site is not used for the purpose of "blowing stuff up".

This is why I've argued over and over that they are NOT dummies built for bomb or missile training. The site is fairly elaborate plus we know that aircraft regularly land and takeoff there for training purposes. Not a good place for a bomb range. Which causes me to think of my previous argument: Why they would build such an elaborate, functional runway for the purposes of turning it into a crater-ridden landscape so close to a freshwater stream?!

The Army has other areas of the training area to do that in. Plus, sofar as daily combat training for pilots flying out of Eielson AFB on a daily basis the various bomb ranges surrounding Fort Wainwright and Eielson AFB are the areas primarily used for this purpose. When I was stationed at Eielson working in "Munitions Line Delivery" the 18th Fighter Squadron (F-16's) and the 355th fighter squadron (A-10's) regularly dropped practice bombs on the ranges and fired off TP rounds from their respective 20mm and 30mm guns. Although part of Donnelly Training Area further to the East of this runway is still used as a bomb impact area, the area including the runway is not.

And, no, the aircraft in the google earth images do not match the dimensions of F-16's or A-10's nor do the characteristics of the aircraft match either.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
MolecularPhd started a thread called UFO Truth Revaled. He stated he worked at three locations involved in "alien technology". I found one: Raven Rock Mountain Complex in PA. Two of them I couldn't find. One of these two is supposed to be in Aladka. Could this be the place?

Originally posted by MolecularPhD
posted on 7/5/2010 @ 10:13 PM

"The first of these to be built was in 1946 in the Northern Mountains of New Mexico by Bechtel Corp. near El Vado Lake, NM."

"...the third base was built in 1953 and run by Army Intelligence near Ft. Greely Alaska; to this day; I would say this is the most secure and established advanced technologies center that the US Government has to offer; having worked there myself on many occasions."

[edit on 7/12/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

While it's possible the site might have something to do with UFO's and possibly even an underground facility, which I talked about earlier in the thread, I'm still trying to wrap my head around and focus on what the aircraft really are.

The characteristics of the aircraft tell me they are probably smaller UAV-type airframes but the mystery continues because noone can find any aircraft that matches the characteristics nor the dimensions of what we're seeing.

This brings up the possibility that the aircraft were caught out in the open entirely by accident and they weren't supposed to be seen. So while it could be that UFO technology has something to do with the site, which it doesn't IMO, my primary focus is figuring out what the aircraft really are and why they're in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness (Training? Research and Development? Testing?).

My first impression when I first saw these aircraft was that I was seeing something I wasn't supposed to see..

This is what ATS is all about!!

Sofar as potential "UFO-related" sites around Fort Greely, most of the land around Greely is used for a wide variety of training purposes but not much else. I'm not even sure where such a site would be located except for maybe underground. However, the only underground site I know of at Fort Greely is the new missile defense site.

It is believed that Fort Greely is the only military base ever used for open-air testing of biological and chemical weapons. A few decades ago, they also tested a nuclear reactor to provide power to the base instead of getting power through conventional means. Mainly to see if they could run a remote military base using a small nuclear reactor. It seemed to work at first but according to alot of my research, people who worked for the government at the time have said the reactor went critical at least twice.

The government is also responsible for dumping large amounts of radioactive nuclear waste from the reactor directly into the Gerstle River. The area of the river surrounding the base is still radioactive enough to be measured with a geiger counter (there are multiple photos and sources of information about this online).

Plus, there was an incident where rockets containing toxic nerve agent were left on a frozen lake at the base and forgotten about. The containers sat at the bottom of the lake for decades, slowly leaking out some of the nerve agent over time. The Corps of Engineers had to figure out a way to completely drain the lake to remove the source of the toxic agent that was making people sick.

This is all documented. Here's some sources:

This site explains the nuclear reactor

"ACAT" Investigative Report on the Reactor at Fort Greely (pretty shocking!)

More on the site from ACAT (Alaska Community Action on Toxics) can be found HERE .

More info on the dumping of nuclear waste directly into the Gerstle River can be found HERE at the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation website.

THIS explains the toxic lake at Fort Greely:

Blueberry Lake became a controversial subject during the 1969/1970 period and to date is a sensitive issue. In the winter of 1965, a number of
chemical munitions were stored on the ice of Blueberry Lake for ultimate
disposal during the same year. For unknown reasons, the shells were
neglected and finally sank to the bottom of the lake during the spring thaw.
The incident became known sometime in 1969 and DTC assisted Arctic TestCenter in a project to remove the shells from the bottom of the lake."
(from the Installation Assessment of Gerstle River Test Site, Department of
the Army, Office of the Project Manager for Chemical Demilitarization and
Installation Restoration, December 1976).

The Army contends that the materials from the chemical weapons tests weredisposed in a "safe" manner, through disposal in refuse pits or incinerated. They also claim that the biological weapons test areas are "safe." Alaska Community Action on Toxics notes that no independent verification of the Army's claims has ever been made, nor have the disposal areas been sampled for hazardous waste leakage.

-ChriS

[edit on 13-7-2010 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
delete/ my mistake

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
delete

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Idk if this has been posted yet but that plane registration N959BP is registered to Conoco Phillips Aviation Alaska. just figured id throw that out there.

Edit: I think i misread the info but ill leave the post up here.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by conspiracy101]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy101
reply to post by BlasteR

Idk if this has been posted yet but that plane registration N959BP is registered to Conoco Phillips Aviation Alaska. just figured id throw that out there.

Edit: I think i misread the info but ill leave the post up here.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by conspiracy101]

Thanks! I think we were actually able to track down the tail number to a company down in Anchorage. I only took note of it at the time because it reminded me of the infamous "Janet" flights to and from Area 51.

The airplane I saw that day had blue stripes on it and a tail number but nothing else.

Internos was actually able to find an image of exactly the aircraft I saw. See earlier thread on this. We were able to figure out it belonged to a company that leases said aircraft out to private companies (Conoco Philips may be who owns the current lease?). It would make sense that its use would be mostly the oil/Natural gas industry up here..

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

First of all, thanks for your work and your input to the thread!

There definately appears to be another runway there. There are also other runways strewn out around this area used primarily for training purposes. The one 6 miles south of the Cold Regions Test Center (big oval just South of the main Fort Greely facility) is "Donnelly Air Strip".. Donnelly dome being just across the highway from it. I'm curious what this one shows now in google maps too.

As to for the airstrip in your images, I'm unsure what it's called.

The aircraft definately appear similar in shape and characteristics. When I have more free time I'll dig a little deeper and gauge dimensions of the aircraft in your images for comparison. Good catch!

The runway to the East is not Allen AFB but Allen Army Air Field which is the primary air field for Fort Greely (Army).

If a company name is given for your image we could cross-reference that with the company that took it and find a more detailed version of the image from their website (You can do this with google earth too). Much easier to do if you have the date.

The comany that took the image would have all the information on their website. The hardest part is finding the image you're looking for but if it could be tracked down we would have the date and time it was taken. From there we could compare the dates/times at least.

With my image from google earth of the airplanes I was able to find the original image from the company that took it but the resolution/detail of that particular image just wasn't good enough to distinguish more than we already see in google earth.

-ChriS

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join