It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinfoil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I would think stocking up on tinfoil would be a great idea. you can use it for cooking, wrap a fish in it, throw it on the fire, 10 or so minutes later open it up and the scales come off with the tin foil. It makes great insulation, and you can use it to make an underground green house, which is great if you are hiding out in the woods and don't want to give your location away by someone spotting your crops,
SO what to you guys think?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Good idea! Althought, I encourage you to think outside the survival box and try to remain at home at all costs.

Surviving in the wild, is extremely difficult. To obtain fresh water, without parasites that will drain you so you dont die of disentary, to obtain shelter so that you can survive from hypothermia from the rain or cold, to find food- sure you can kill your prey but without a gun- what if you run out of bullets? What if you get sick in the woods? Ever watch survivorman?

It is much, much easier to stay in an urban area. If your in NYC well then- of course go to the suburbs- there you can rumage through abandoned housing enough to support yourself.

But yes- tin foil is important to stock up on for your survival kit!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
you can also use it for a solar reflector to cook with.
www.solarcooking.org...

you can even make a hat with it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
That's a good idea.

The only problem I see is that you would need an exceedingly large amount and it might be difficult to carry all the boxes of foil on your trek into the woods.

I buy the large restaurant size boxes of foil because I have a smoker and I cook whole meals wrapped in foil.

That big roll of foil is very heavy.

You could unroll it and pack it flat folded up but you're still talking a heck of a lot of foil.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Star, and flag for a great thought. I agree with the hot chick above. She made really good points. However, there are some of us rebels who may get stuck out in the sticks for a while; as the NWO hunts us down like rabid........................Okay onto brighter topics.

Yes, tin foil could prove very useful from the solar cooker idea, insulation, containment, electrical conductor, signal device by reflection, etc.

I think it could even have a good barter merit to it.

Oh, I forgot about the cool hats You can make

The only thing I don't like about cooking with it is aluminum metal poisoning....

[edit on 25-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'll be one of those rebels. I do not want to be in my neck of the woods when TSHTF.
I would definitely unroll it. and you can always rinse and reuse. When TSHTF I think there are going to have alot more things to worry about than aluminum poisoning.
Got to love the hats!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

The hats...OMG, thats one of the most important things...lol Nice Sancho!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
When I first read the title I thought it was going to be about wearing tinfoil hats

Its a good idea and you can re-use the tinfoil. How much do you think would be best to store?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Anyone know where I can purchase tin foil? They only have aluminum foil where I live.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Whats aluminum poisoning?

Also as far as cooking with, wraping food in large leafs depending on where you are from (bananna leaf=awsome for cooking and toilet paper!) but they get the same general result. I am a fan however of solar cooking and I think there is alot to be said for it if you are on the run. It can help with the much needed moral boost of warm meals, but u can get away without leaving the tell tail sighns of fire. It also prevents the lost of nutrients that would ussually just drip in the fire.

good thought.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A few days ago I read about creating a Foil Oven - not like the above posted one.

I can't for the life of me find the info now so I will go from memory here
So keep that in mind as you read.....

Basically you take a cardboard box and line it with the foil. Then you Wrap foil all around the outside of the box.

When placed in the sun it creates an inside temp high enough to bake in.

Geesh I wish I could find that info again - it could be Very Useful even if you do Stay-Put OR if you venture out from the mainstream. With NO fire needed it seems a perfect way to have an alternate cooking method.

This would work best in a Hot Climate but if blocked from cold wind should also work in colder areas - as long as there is sun

Edit - I found it - www.cnn.com...

[edit on 26-8-2009 by mappam]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You can make cups, plates, bowls, pots, and pans out of aluminum foil. You can use it for a blanket (Not comfortable though.) You can use it as a signal mirror.

new topics

top topics

join