It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honest Cop Finds Equivalent Of $216,000, Returns Money Back To Courier!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I know many People who have read some of my previous threads regarding po-lice, might see me as being somewhat biased against law enforcement. I am in many degrees, but I decided to search for a good po-lice story. Low, and behold locked in the "strange, but true" section of RIANOVOSTI, I found one good Cop.

It didn't take place in the US, but Vienna. No name was provided in the story, and overall it seems as though the story is being kept somewhat quiet. It would be nice if more po-lice especially in the Banana Republic Of the USA would follow his lead, then maybe People such as myself would not be harsh any longer.

Wake Up, Stand Up,

Sancho

I present one good cop!

en.rian.ru...

A plainclothes police officer in Vienna found a case stuffed with 150,000 euros ($216,000) that had fallen out of a cash couriers' van, and immediately returned the money, Austria's largest newspaper reported on Tuesday. Kronen Zeitung said the incident took place about a month ago, but was kept secret until now.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

[edit on 25-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

CX

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Good find Sancho....a positive story about the police......a rare thing here these days lol.

There are many more stories about the better side of policing, but unfortunately good acts do not fit into the conspiracy theme, so are rarely reported in the news.

CX.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I can't say if I found a bag of money lying in a ditch or on the side of the road I'd go out of my way to find out who it belongs to. Now taking someone's wallet or knowingly stealing from another person in my eyes is different. Some may call my attitude moral relativity so be it. They are the same people that have no problem grabbing their ankles and letting their government and banks screw em.

I will say if I was a cop and on duty that is an entirely different situation as well.

I've seen so many of these stories where hundreds of thousands of dollars are returned to banks and whoever and sometimes all the good samaritan gets is a a couple hundred dollars if that. LOL.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Why was it kept secret?

Second line.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I was really curious about that as well. I'm thinking it is due to the stupidity of the armored car making the bank look bad.
The whole affair was kept quiet imo to save face.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This person is just part of the 1% that is good in police, why even bother telling these stories, i will tell you why this was not told, he is just part of 1% of police that are decent.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by Republican08

I was really curious about that as well. I'm thinking it is due to the stupidity of the armored car making the bank look bad.
The whole affair was kept quiet imo to save face.

THere was a man, who made major news, when he found a bag of money, alot at that, dropped out of an armoured car, and he was held as a great man for it, the company gave him 2,000 dollars, out of some hundreds of thousands.

And that was immediate, I think it has something to do with him being a cop.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
This person is just part of the 1% that is good in police, why even bother telling these stories, i will tell you why this was not told, he is just part of 1% of police that are decent.

Back up, not 1% a large percentage, all you hear about is the bad, get off it, there are a ton of good cops out there.

All you hear is the bad, and OBVIOUSLY all you want to hear is the bad.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Okay, I needed to show People I am not biased. I've authored such threads as:

When Do We Use Lethal Force Against Police?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
& among others; Lords In Black; Yessa Massa!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I am sure there are some good ones out there. I do see issues with them "Just doing My Job", attitude. Remember We hunt down 80+year old Nazis that were "just doing My Job", as well. I think modern day police are treading on a fine line of NWO minion status. Just my two Pesos.

Republican08,

Yes, I had thought of that as well; the police officer in question seemed to be undercover, or whatever they use plain clothed police for there. I just don't know.

I agree with You regarding more than 1%, but I also recognize the job is drawing in a more power hungry type of individual in increasing numbers.

I had a MensHealth Magazine which does not give opinion style articles, but one article around 4 years ago sighted close to 20%+ of police were using illegal steroids for muscle enhancement..........We can chalk this up to hearsay since I don't have the magazine now, but it was there.

As I mentioned in the above reply, the police are treading on a thin line similar to that of Nazis.

I know there are good ones out there.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
No name for the cop? Thus no way to verify the story. That tells me this is just govt propaganda.

top topics

join