It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S4: The Incredible True Story of Bob Lazar - New Movie

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Good to see that Matt Damon is likely to portray Bob Lazar in the upcoming movie...apparently he has wanted to play him for years when the project was at another film studio.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In the Bob Lazar documentary, Bob Lazar claims to have examined two out of the three levels on the disc, but was not granted access to the third level. However, he does seem to suggest that even though they look like portholes, "he can assure you they are not." Seems as though he is suggesting something here...anyone know what that suggestion might be? Cheers

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

Several years ago (about 10 or so) there was a fantastic UFO site called the Mother Ship. (It still may be archieved somwhere.)

As I recall, the guy that ran it did an indepth investigation of Lazar. To say the least the list of factual points against Lazar being truthful was convincing to me. I mean, after all, what was his expertise that he would be hired to mess around with alien UFOs? He may have worked at the base for six weeks or whatever, but they do hire janitors, etc., too.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The only thing they want from the rights is the right to use his name and possibly a little of Mr. Lazars story.

Unfortunately. like they did with Travis Walton and Fire in the Sky, they will drastically change the story in order to make it appeal to as many people as possible.

I bet they change it so much that Lear isn't even in it.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Tiloke]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Matt Damon playing Lazar??

I had to Google this just to make sure it's true. Well at first I figured this movie would be made for tv, low budget but well meaning movie which didn't reach a big enough audience. But Damon playing lazar will ensure millions of people see this movie. Pure awesome.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EclipseReloaded
It's about time that there was a movie adaption of Bob Lazar...found this news tonight on a movie website:

Curmudgeon Films has picked up screen rights to the story of Bob Lazar, a man who claims to have worked at S4, a secret military base near Area 51, where he examined an alien spacecraft recovered by the U.S. military, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Lazar left the project in 1989 and recounted his story to Las Vegas reporter George Knapp.

A screenplay tentatively titled S4: The Incredible True Story of Bob Lazar, is being written by Kenneth Yakkel.

I hope that they take into account and explain why Testor's S4 UFO (after Lazar) resembles one of the Beamships in Eduard "Billy" Meier's photos! Nobody seems to want to address this.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
I wonder who is gonna play John Lear?

hmmm.

How about Steve Buscemi?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
This will be an interesting movie whether you believe Bob's story or not. I will more than likely wait for the DVD though.

I wonder if this movie will bring forth a resurgence of the Sport Model UFO models back into the market. I never did finish painting mine; I think it is my attic in the box.

Mine's in the closet also, still untouched. I hoped that its value would increase since, basically, it's really a "Billy" Meier "Beamship"!

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

Originally posted by Total Package
You can always tell when someone hasn't done their research and is just reading the propoganda of debunkers.

Is Stanton Friedman a debunker? He has an article which refutes much of Bob Lazar's claims:

www.stantonfriedman.com...

I checked the imdb and Matt Damon and this project are not listed. He has a busy schedule so this movie may not come out until after 2012.

I wish Stanton Friedman would also investigate Barack Obama the way he investigated Bob Lazar. Let's see that Birth Certificate!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Originally posted by EclipseReloaded
It's about time that there was a movie adaption of Bob Lazar...found this news tonight on a movie website:

Curmudgeon Films has picked up screen rights to the story of Bob Lazar, a man who claims to have worked at S4, a secret military base near Area 51, where he examined an alien spacecraft recovered by the U.S. military, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Lazar left the project in 1989 and recounted his story to Las Vegas reporter George Knapp.

A screenplay tentatively titled S4: The Incredible True Story of Bob Lazar, is being written by Kenneth Yakkel.

I hope that they take into account and explain why Testor's S4 UFO (after Lazar) resembles one of the Beamships in Eduard "Billy" Meier's photos! Nobody seems to want to address this.
YES ! very interesting indeed . The two most laughed at people (by some) may be the two best witnesses we have IMO . Truth IS out there and I still say Billy is the real deal .

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Meh.. he is a known liar, unable to provide proof of claims made.

But more telling imo... if he really had served where he did, in the position he said, he wouldn't be telling us this. He'd be dead now. No doubt in my mind. That anyone thinks the government would allow him to bleat out above top secret info without ramifications is laughable.

Other than "his word" we have nothing to go on. Not a single photo taken, nor video. The government "deleted" his education records? lmao... no. If he had blabbed secrets, they would have deleted HIM.

Maybe, but...

With the casting of Matt Damon, who has been wanting to portray Bob Lazar for years, his A-list status will gurantee the large opening/theatre count/distribution and help attract other top actors for other roles in the movie...so, bottom line, no matter which side of the fence you're on about Lazar, the rest of the world will be broached with the subject matter for further public discourse which is good.

Answers will follow, one way or another.

I'm not buying that for a second! What did the job vacancy go like?

Wanted.
Phycisist with no documentation or qualifications to back engineer alien flying saucers. Must be able to keep secrets and have their own overalls!
A keen sense of ones own importance and a vivid imagination are preferred but not essential.
This is an equal opportunities vacancy which is open to anyone, even those who are friends with a wingnut named John Lear!
Please send your applications to ;

Thargo from The Planet Fargo,
Alien Flying Saucer Centre,
Hangar 18,
Area 51, (Somewhere In the desert!)
Nevada.
Please, no canvassers.People with an ounce of common sense need not apply.

Okay, that was funny.

And then there is Tonapah... the 'new' area 51. You won't be able to see any aircraft though... they are all covered so google can't see em except the Janet terminal

I thought the 'new' Area 51 (or 'Area 52') was Dugway, UT (?!)

Also, I just checked imdb. not there yet?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

[edit on 9-11-2009 by zigoapex]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package

Originally posted by Marrr
S4: The Incredible True Story of Bob Lazar. True story?? I have my own ideas about casting for the part of convicted pimp & ufo mechanic Bob Lazar.

You can always tell when someone hasn't done their research and is just reading the propoganda of debunkers.

Tell me about it,there is more people on this site to to take a negative
light on any statement,article,etc...

And it is just that attitude that prevents disclosure. there quitters,probably
in all areas in there life.As soon as a something that they wish or hope for
does not happen they automatically say it will never happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
The only thing they want from the rights is the right to use his name and possibly a little of Mr. Lazars story.

Unfortunately. like they did with Travis Walton and Fire in the Sky, they will drastically change the story in order to make it appeal to as many people as possible.

I bet they change it so much that Lear isn't even in it.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Tiloke]

Tiloke, if only you actually did some research before posting. Lazar has been offered over 3.4 million dollars by four different production companies since 1994. He has turned down every single one of them on account that he wants the story told AS IS. If you had properly researched Lazar and his story, or even heard one of his interviews on C2C, this fact would have been made available to you. It is this type of dismissive attitude before thorough investigation that always seems to keep you and many others in dark.

Lazar now has a successful consulting/research business, so I highly doubt he needs the money. If Lazar has actually sold the rights to his story, it is highly likely this will be a legit film, in terms of it being told the way that Lazar claims to have experienced it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigoapex
there quitters,probably
in all areas in there life.As soon as a something that they wish or hope for
does not happen they automatically say it will never happen.

Would you mind telling me what I had for breakfast as well? I don't believe the man. Well, let me clarify..I no longer believed him after I was out of middle school. However, I'm not saying that you can't believe him. Worship the man for all I care. It's your right.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
"If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck. . .it's a duck!"

Not if its a fox disguised as a duck

Zorgon, congratulations on giving a few foxes (wearing duck disguises) one serious spanking in this thread.

This thread appears to be full of attempts to discourage the casual observer from giving Bob Lazar any creedence, or looking too closely at the facts surrounding the whole Lazar incident and history.

Your calm. thorough, and informative rebuttal of these attempts is a pleasure to behold.

I haven't been around ATS much recently, but watching you joust with the quacking foxes is most certainly one compelling reason to frequent this place more.

Great news about the movie... hope it all comes to fruition

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What happened to the movie?

*bump

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join