It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thermodynamics in Society - Running Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Alright, I wasn't sure where to put this thread. So here we go.

1) Our society, being closed, is applicable to the laws of thermodynamics. Meaning that it is perceived to be in a constant and chaotic state of deline towards total destruction.

2) Population increase leads to sociological advancement. It must. "Necessity is the mother of all invention." However, if the system remains closed advancement is for naught as a growing contingency will always overcome a static environment. The two cannot coexist.

I hold the two above to be axioms, except for one term "chaotic". It isn't QUITE chaotic, but for our purposes lets say the only thing that keeps it from pure chaos is the fuel that feeds it (open / closed).
In an open system, fuel is barely a factor as it is everywhere and forthcoming. But in a closed system all parts rely on it either directly or through direct consequence.

In order for a societal complex to survive it is paramount that our environment is open and we must recognize our "fuels" an dmake it so that they are not a reliance, but an abundance. This, obviously, requires some serious priority shifting in today's society.

Now, to the person reading this right now wondering, "What in the FACK is this guy on about" I give the example of television.
The television is a thing created by the system itself which allows people to be relaxed and entertained while they are not producing for the machine. The problem is that the same exact television will become boring rather quickly unless there is new stimuli plugged into it. (nevermind the fact that they actually use the damned thing to tell you what to do with brain washing techniques).
As creatures of habit we are also creatures of tolerance. At work we can repeat tasks efficiently, but at play, we need new stimulus. Over time, with television, what is new has become "offensive" and "shocking".

This creates tension between the generations and society as a whole...

Advance into the Decline -

Ends there... for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, all of the above was something that was written out by myself at some time in the past. I don't remember when I wrote it or why I wrote it. I just thought I would bring it to the boards as I thought of that when I heard the story about this douche reality TV star who mutilated his wife after appearing on numerous reality programs.

At what point does our society accept "Running Man" scenarios?

Any thoughts? Wanna help finish the paper?
Thanks for your consideration.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Eh, I didn't think it would get any play.
As I said, I don't even remember when I wrote it, except for it was obviously written back when I was going weird and writing crap out on paper furiously.

new topics

join