It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ Reduces Swine Flu Alert After Cases Drop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Health chiefs plan reduced swine flu alert as cases drop
The Ministry of Health is considering reducing New Zealand's swine flu alert level because the number of new cases is falling.

"It's basically a de-escalation," deputy director of public health Dr Fran McGrath said yesterday.

"The general picture does seem to be a general trend of a decrease in influenza activity in recent weeks."

The monitoring system run by the Institute of Environmental Science and Research shows three weeks of a steep drop in the number of cases of all influenza-like illness reported by "sentinel" GPs, followed by a slight rise in the week to August 16, the latest period reported.

ESR says swine flu has become the predominant influenza virus circulating this winter.

The ministry said the number of reported deaths in which swine flu was a primary cause rose to 16 yesterday - an increase of one - after the death of a Waikato woman who had underlying medical conditions.

The official tally of people infected with the virus since it reached New Zealand in April was 3106 yesterday, but no one knows how much higher the true figure is since only a minority of potential cases are tested.
Health chiefs plan reduced swine flu alert as cases drop

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Good onya NZ

Guess having been forced to purchase the 'swine flu' vaccine,

New Zealand feels it's fulfilled its obligations to the 'ruling elite'

and is now free to quit the also-mandatory participation in the

swine-flu hoax

Australia will be next to put the broom to the swine-flu hoax

despite having been forced to purchase 21 million doses of

the 'vaccine'.

And in the UK, it's being reported that 1/3 to 1/2 of GPs

have made it clear THEY will not personally be accepting

the 'swine-flu' vaccine --- although the UK govt. ALSO was

forced into buying (and paying for) the alleged 'vaccine'.

Money. Money. Money. Greed, greed, greed on the part

of the 'ruling elite' who clearly were not satisfied with that

paltry 50 trillion dollars they made off with in order to

launch the 'global financial collapse' which was a hoax

in tandem with the 'swine flu' racket

and with the cherry on the top being the phony 'Global Warming'

racket which will reap them further untold billions whilst plunging

the world into semi-darkness, courtesy of those Stone Age

low wattage new-fangled light-bulbs and destroying industry

and incomes ... and launching massive claims by third world

places like Africa (said trillion-dollar payouts to be administered

by the same 'ruling elite' who create and administer all world hoaxes).

What does the 'ruling elite' DO with all the trillions they steal from us ?

Are they building new temples with it ... and paying for lots of plastic

surgery ?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is a welcome change from the familiar scare stories and hype surrounding "Swine Flu". People are now starting to realize that this round of H1N1 isn't actually that bad. As it says in the article, H1N1 has pretty much been the seasonal flu this winter (it's winter here in the southern hemisphere, for those who didn't know
).

For quite a while now, people have not been getting tested to confirm H1N1 (unless there are complications such as a pre-existing respitory illness), as the majority of cases have been relatively mild. This means that the reported "confirmed" cases are far, far less than the actual illness rates.

Using recent figures, the mortality rate was around 0.46%. In reality the rate would be far lower than this, as the majority of cases are not reported. Most of the deaths, which total 16 so far, have had underlying medical problems. This does not mean that these deaths aren't tragic, as some might think I'm implying. My heart goes out to those who have lost their loved ones. But the reality is, this flu isn't actually that bad compared to other illnesses. Unless of course it mutates into something more dangerous, but it hasn't happened yet.

It's fairly obvious that there is no way there will be a 'compulsory' vaccine, as some people have feared, with such a mild flu.

It's safe to say I'd rather take my chances with the flu than the vaccine

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Interesting, this comes as my best mate, his girlfriend, my girlfriend and myself are all coming down with the same 'swine fluey' symptoms, as is my mother.

I've been clear of flu for over 2 years (working at a school also helped my immunity), but have recently been whacked about twice for some reason. Whatever it is, it's not nice (all same symptoms to swine) and it's definately not a natural flu, to so easily get under my defenses after withstanding them for the last few years...

P.s. we're all based in Auckland, New Zealand.

[edit on 25/8/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I live in the Bay of Plenty, and I don't know a single person who has contrated it. Actually on second thoughts, a girl at my work was off work/school for 2 weeks. She had another illness which effected her breathing, but it's quite likely she had H1N1.

I know of one guy that came into my workplace who had what was thought to be "swine flu" a few weeks earlier. He told my colleague that he had it, but he was taking Tamiflu so no-one else could catch it off him now! The misconceptions surrounding Tamiflu amaze me. Some think it's the only known cure for swine flu, some think it's a miracle healer, and some like the guy above, believe it completely stops contagiousness. What a load of bollocks. It may reduce symptoms for 1 day. But then again, it might not.

I kind of thought the flu would spread more in the Auckland region, with a higher concentration of people. But I hope you and your fellow jaffas(
) get better soon.

top topics

join