It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mexican president cuts his pay amid recession"; Hey Obama, & Congress Take A Hint!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

The World over is experiencing what the MSM kindly refer to as a minor recession. As the coming months come along, there will be no hiding it's a full fledged World wide depression. The only reason "We The People" are being lied to is because the Elite are finishing off Our reserves.

So here We are, being fleeced by the very People elected at all levels of government. What do We do, or demand? I was looking through other news, and found an interesting article dealing with Our neighbors to the south; Mexico.

Presidente Calderon has made a unilateral pay cut across the board. He's not only cut his pay, but also most other high ranking government jobs..... Interesting because the People did not have to demand this. It was just done for the good of the country.

So, I ask why not Our Congress, and Our President???? Why aren't they taking a unilateral pay cut? I know I'm barking on deaf ears so to speak; Our government is hyjacked by Elite. Interesting non the less. We are all spun around, and spoon fed the solution of "there is no solution"; when obviously there are many things that can be done. Just look at Our neighbors to the south.

Wake Up, Stand Up,

Sancho

www.google.com...

Mexican President Felipe Calderon on Friday signed a decree to cut his own pay and that of top government officials by 10 percent. The move came as Mexico's economy, the second largest in Latin America after Brazil, officially entered a recession in the first quarter, while its gross domestic product (GDP) dropped to a historical low of 10.3 percent in the second quarter, according to Central Bank data.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
First thing I thought of, was aww, the Cartel is paying poor Felipe now, yep he can cut his open paychecks.

Probably not the case, but would be scary.

The elite, so to speak isn't finishing off our reserves, they've already got rid of everything, now it's time to build!

Elections are what, almost 2-3 years away, seems to early for a stunt, but you never know.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
En este país, nuestro congreso no cree en la reducción de su sueldo, sólo los aumentos.

Viva los Taxes

Will never happen. Congress will take your house before they reduce their pay.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
He is too busy playing golf, visiting state parks and vacationing to care about any thing real that may be going on!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Is not like Calderon is cutting budgets, is because there is no money to longer keep running a lot of public services.

LOT of the payments are taken by the congress (unusual huh?) witch let the country with a very limited budget for 2010 in most of all local governments.

Is the result of the lack of efective system against the crisis from Calderon's administration.

At this point i dont know witch of the 2 countries have more problems solving financial crisis.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by dominuz]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hi, yes, I really questioned phrasing that as I did. I know the resources are gone. I just wanted something simple People could understand. It would have been more appropriate to say something along the lines of,"finishing spending all the IOU's with Our names on them as the collateral"
, but not too funny

reply to post by jam321

I believe You were searching for: ¡Viva Los impuestos!...

reply to post by Greenize

Hey, hey, hey, You forgot giving mental patients rides in the back of limos for sex, and drugs......
Hiowever, I guess that's better than the Bush's, and their apparent pedophile tastes.

reply to post by dominuz

Yep, Your correct I never implied they did it to be kind. Calderon lowered it out of necessity..........Hey now, kinda sounds like something which would be considered necessary in the States.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

No kidding. What the hell, is Obama touring with Cher? Christ, in the past 90 days, the man has made more rounds than the common cold.

Are our politicians suppose to act like rock stars? Why not, since the man is idolized, having more groupies than KISS.

It's a nice idea - but will never float. If they did it, it would be a PR stunt. Congress and their 'made man' have stock options and investments us small folk couldn't begin to dream of having.

And since we're a consumerism country ruled by an overstepping, $ hungry corporation, profit is all they have an interest in.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I thought congress gave themselves a pay raise just a few months back.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Yes, and while we at it maybe we could cut our damn military expenditure to half. We'r spending over $500 billion a year on military, nearly half the worlds military expenditure, from an increase of a $1 trillion over the last 8years and all you fellas seem to do is argue over petty incomes. If you really give a damn about cuts start cutting down our overgrown military, we're not in the cold war anymore.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think the government in Mexico should get a little credit. They're really trying to get and keep people working here. I see highway and freeway projects going on EVERYWHERE. The projects here have a little road machinery but for the most part there are 50 guys working (not standing around) on each project.
And now they're taking a pay cut? I say kuddos for them! That ain't ever going to happen in the states

new topics

top topics

join